ICTFC v FC Astra Giurgiu // Travel + Build up

You're doing a brilliant job, DBJ and Scotty too. You've made it so much easier for us, saved us a lot of hassle trying to get there and back. And it should be a good crack on the buses with the ICT army! A great turn out already. Do let us buy you a Romanian beer or two. And if we win, as many as you like.

Edited by The Long Man

You're doing a brilliant job, DBJ and Scotty too. You've made it so much easier for us, saved us a lot of hassle trying to get there and back. And it should be a good crack on the buses with the ICT army! A great turn out already. Do let us buy you a Romanian beer or two. And if we win, as many as you like.

Careful Long Man its about a tenner a pint.

• Disagree 1

That's us over 170 on the list now so only another 20 or so and we're onto coach number 5 which I think is a great effort! 
No problem making it 6 coaches if we need it.....

As Scotty has said on the event page the online payment facility will be set up in the next couple of days - £10 per head return including online transaction fee. Needs to be paid before we go as I don't want to be wandering round Bucharest with loads of cash in my pocket!

Is it possible to overpay for the bus as a thank you to DBJ? Or we could just buy him 170 pints?

Some interesting points in that article, but it's written in that awful smug 'We're the greatest fans in the world' style that comes with a lot of Celtic fans.  Seems like the type of guy who'd tell you about how much they've won within seconds of talking to him.

Just out of interest how much is a double voddie and coke ?

Depends how upmarket the pub. Not as much as a bargain as the beer but you should get a bigger measure than at home.

Also you will pay more for well known names Smirnoff, Gibleys, Glenfiddich than less known.

First post guys, but a huge fan from the beginning and follower of this forum forever. Travelling to Romania, and have a query. In some European countries you have to show Photographic ID when you go through the turnstiles. Will this be the case in Giurgiu? If so we'll have to take our passports to the game. 

First post guys, but a huge fan from the beginning and follower of this forum forever. Travelling to Romania, and have a query. In some European countries you have to show Photographic ID when you go through the turnstiles. Will this be the case in Giurgiu? If so we'll have to take our passports to the game. 

Good to highlight that, JagXE might be worth checking as its just as important not to take it if its not required. Or keep it in the safe and take a driving licence card instead

Good to highlight that, JagXE might be worth checking as its just as important not to take it if its not required. Or keep it in the safe and take a driving licence card instead

Pretty sure I didn't in the games I've been to. Romania is one of those countries where you have to carry your ID card for everything. Probably a good shout regarding the driving licence though.

A good tip anyway is to take a photocopy of your passport abroad. Maker it easier to get a replacement if it goes missing.

• Agree 1

Can someone tell me please, have the club or CJT organised anything for the away game?

Supporters bus sets off from the stadium straight after the home leg. Stops at Broxden as usual, followed by Southwaite Services etc etc etc.

Can someone tell me please, have the club or CJT organised anything for the away game?

i dunno if im being a total idiot or not but i just havent seen it adverised.

CJT were understandably waiting for confirmation from the club about any spare plane capacity and ticket allocation. With still no word from the club on this (as far as I'm aware) most people have already sorted their flights and we've organised coaches from Bucharest to Giurgiu so I wouldn't hold your breath. The rumour I've heard is that the team are travelling out and back in about 24 hours - presumably coming straight home after the match. If this turns out to be true it seems a bit short-sighted. The big cost is getting out there - staying an extra night and giving the players a proper chance to train and relax wouldn't have cost much more and would surely maximise the chances of winning.

i dunno if im being a total idiot or not but i just havent seen it adverised.

CJT were understandably waiting for confirmation from the club about any spare plane capacity and ticket allocation. With still no word from the club on this (as far as I'm aware) most people have already sorted their flights and we've organised coaches from Bucharest to Giurgiu so I wouldn't hold your breath. The rumour I've heard is that the team are travelling out and back in about 24 hours - presumably coming straight home after the match. If this turns out to be true it seems a bit short-sighted. The big cost is getting out there - staying an extra night and giving the players a proper chance to train and relax wouldn't have cost much more and would surely maximise the chances of winning.

see for me persoanlly 24 hours would be ideal cause trying to get time off work is going to be a struggle. But still i domt want to miss out! And obviously i want the team to do well! 

Guess i'll just wait and see!

• Disagree 1

"Romanian NHS" - you couldn't make it up...
"The NHS" are not some world-wide body waiting for you, to right your indiscretions and woes, or possible medical needs - it's unique to the UK (in name, certainly).

Almost every country has it's own 'healthcare system'. This arrogant 'NHS will pick it up' attitude is so typical of society today -  no personal responsibility.
Bugs me particularly, as I work in the NHS - and can't go to the away leg!

But, unlike IHE, I don't compile the 'off duty', (as we call it in the NHS)!

• Disagree 4

"Romanian NHS" - you couldn't make it up...
"The NHS" are not some world-wide body waiting for you, to right your indiscretions and woes, or possible medical needs - it's unique to the UK (in name, certainly).

Almost every country has it's own 'healthcare system'. This arrogant 'NHS will pick it up' attitude is so typical of society today -  no personal responsibility.
Bugs me particularly, as I work in the NHS - and can't go to the away leg!

But, unlike IHE, I don't compile the 'off duty', (as we call it in the NHS)!

Not sure if I understand your post but sorry if you have been offended by it.

I don't think my wording was wrong because I was referring to the "free" Health Service of the Nation of Romania and what I was suggesting is that it is a long way from our NHS. I won't go into detail on these pages.

If someone is unlucky enough to have a problem they are better seeking private care, the cost of which will hopefully be covered by your insurance. 

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Brilliant work folks. I'm looking forward to making myself known to as many of you as possible in Bucharest.

My big regret though is not being able to make the home leg. I have another long term commitment that night that I have been trying to get out of. I hope this doesn't preclude me from getting match tickets for the away leg. Otherwise I'll have to sit with the Astra fans. Any idea when these tickets go on sale?

• Scotty unfeatured this topic
  • Scotty unpinned this topic