ICTFC v FC Astra Giurgiu // Travel + Build up

Having to refuel enroute suggests its not a very big plane hence the cost.

Actually didn't make any difference the size of the plane as larger plane couldn't take off from Inverness with a full fuel/passenger load so would need to have stopped for a refuel as well.

Would it not have been cheaper for the club if they'd just flown commercial?  Can't see some of these part-time teams in Andorra and Wales forking out for a charter flight. 

Yes, but you then have longer journey times in cramped conditions which isn't great for the players...especially ahead of a game.  You also still have to transport kit etc...not impossible, but far harder to organise and you are at the mercy of third party baggage handlers (imagine even one players kit/boots goes missing?). Then there's being restricted to scheduled flight times, risk of delays/cancellations. How do you deal with repatriating an injured player if he needs extra room because he has a leg in a splint or whatever?  Again, not all insurmountable issues...but they create greater areas of risk and inconvenience.

Just look at how much more it costs to get a taxi than use a scheduled bus service....but how much more convenient it is. This is the same thing, just on a much larger scale and with a bit more planning involved.

• Agree 4

Actually didn't make any difference the size of the plane as larger plane couldn't take off from Inverness with a full fuel/passenger load so would need to have stopped for a refuel as well.

A320 in 150 seat layout can range 3500 kmiles. Dont Thompsons use them from Inverness in summer for Spanish island holiday folks.

A320 in 150 seat layout can range 3500 kmiles. Dont Thompsons use them from Inverness in summer for Spanish island holiday folks.

No idea....just know that, of the planes available to the club, then going larger would have also meant a fuel stop for the reasons stated.

I sincerely hope they manage to fill these seats and get some money in but that seems an 'Astra'nomical price. Do you see what I did there? Does anyone know how the Gellions are getting on with filling their plane?

I sincerely hope they manage to fill these seats and get some money in but that seems an 'Astra'nomical price. Do you see what I did there? Does anyone know how the Gellions are getting on with filling their plane?

First attempt at posting on here. You are doing a great job organising the coaches.Could I please book two places for my wife and I.

• Disagree 1

First attempt at posting on here. You are doing a great job organising the coaches.Could I please book two places for my wife and I.

I have added your name to the correct thread: http://caleythistleonline.com/calendar/event/71-bucharest-to-giurgiu-transfer/

Shortly you should see a new sub-forum available to you that is for people who are going on the trip. It details the payment process (with screenshots) and has other related bits and pieces available to you: http://caleythistleonline.com/forum/146-european-travel-club/

If anyone is wanting their names added to the list PLEASE do it in the transfer thread linked above. I dont want to miss adding anyone and cannot and will not guarantee that if you put your name in this discussion thread that I will catch it. 

Remember to take your EHIC - European Health Insurance Card. 

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/EHIC/Pages/about-the-ehic.aspx

It allows you to use the Romanian NHS however you DO NOT want to. Make sure you have travel insurance.

Believe it or not Sneckboy Romania does actually have a national health service providing free healthcare to all citizens and financed by the state.

The quotes above are not directly linked, but are both related this post, which will hopefully clarify an earlier post I made.
I apologise to Neil for taking umbrage over what was simply a difference of opinion on 'semantics'.
I read the acronym 'NHS' as the 'National Health service (UK), and I understand that by 'Romanian NHS', you were simply referring to (the equivalent) 'Romanian national health service'.

I didn't obviously, as suggested by Alex MacLeod, imply ithat Romania don't provide any healthcare provision!

A similar example could be, "I'm looking forward to sending lots of postcards home, from Bucharest - using the Romanian Royal Mail"
I'd reply - "There's no 'Royal Mail' in Romania...!"
Then Alex, missing-the-point, would reply sarcastically, "Sneckboy, believe it or not, it IS possible to send mail in Romania!"
Which clearly, wasn't my point.

Yes, you can send postcards in Romania, of course, but using their 'Posta Romania' service. Not Royal Mail.
Similarly, one can get health care in Romania - via their 'national health service' (small case) - known as Serviciul Național de Sănătate....which I obviously looked-up!...but it's simply not called 'the NHS'!

Let's get back on topic.  This challenge facing ICT should not be underestimated, as Astra are clearly one of the very best teams in the Romanian SPFL.

:hiding:

Edited by Yngwie
  • Agree 1

Looks like ticket sales are going well for the home leg going by the E-Ticketing site. The Main Stand is almost sold out and probably about 700 to go in the North Stand.

£426 for an Inverness Luton Bucharest flight, out Wednesday 11:25 arrive 8:15 pm departs Bucharest 6:30am arrives 10:55 am on Friday in inverness. 2h 10m and 1.50 h waiting times respectively.

If you want a night in Dean Brill country instead its only £8:50 taxi from airport to Luton Town centre and a 7:40 flight home Sat morning

Edited by 12th Man
  • Agree 1

I don't think Astra willl bring many to Inverness, Ive been speaking to some Romanians and Astra used to be based in their home town, the owner moved them to the current town a couple of years ago as they didn't have many fans, hes aparrently the worlds wealthiest Romanian,(in jail) so we are playing a wealthy club, which kind of reminds me of the Scottish cup semis.

Remember to take your EHIC - European Health Insurance Card. 

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/EHIC/Pages/about-the-ehic.aspx

It allows you to use the Romanian NHS however you DO NOT want to. Make sure you have travel insurance.

Believe it or not Sneckboy Romania does actually have a national health service providing free healthcare to all citizens and financed by the state.

The quotes above are not directly linked, but are both related this post, which will hopefully clarify an earlier post I made.
I apologise to Neil for taking umbrage over what was simply a difference of opinion on 'semantics'.
I read the acronym 'NHS' as the 'National Health service (UK), and I understand that by 'Romanian NHS', you were simply referring to (the equivalent) 'Romanian national health service'.

Apology accepted, thanks. Hats off to anyone who works in the NHS. UK/Romania have a reciprocal arrangement where by Nationals qualify for free treatment in the others country but its a bit like swapping your Rolls Royce for their Dacia! Wouldn't like to post any stories on this forum, better just say it's best avoided.

• Agree 1

• Scotty unfeatured this topic
  • Scotty unpinned this topic