ICTFC v FC Astra Giurgiu // Travel + Build up

I see a limited amount of tickets have now gone on sale in the South Stand.  I presume that's to home fans?

away fans only according to ticket master

It's for Home Fans.....the wording for that area is not available for us to edit and we're awaiting Ticketmaster making the change for us.

• Agree 1

For those interested - Astra lost another striker to Steaua Bucharest - Denis Alibec scored 10 goals (6 in their last 8 games) 

That only really leaves Budescu as a front man... still better than what we have up top but I count that as 5 first team players gone since last year.... sound familiar??? 

For those interested - Astra lost another striker to Steaua Bucharest - Denis Alibec scored 10 goals (6 in their last 8 games) 

That only really leaves Budescu as a front man... still better than what we have up top but I count that as 5 first team players gone since last year.... sound familiar??? 

Steaua just bought Gregory Tade from Cluj as well!

Going by the translation of this article, ( Link ) it is likely that they will start Daniel Florea up front on his own. He has yet to play for Astra and only scored 4 in 40 matches for his previous club, Concordia.

Edited by Guest

Only 333 seats left in the Main Stand by my count, the vast majority of which are in the southern wing.  The covered section of the stand is totally sold out.

Aside from the Section A, B (which is only about a quarter full) and L, most of the other sections of the North Stand are full aside from the odd seat here and there and the first two or three rows.  Section C has only one seat in it's entirety!  Think we're looking at a good 4,500 for this game and had it been against a team that had any type of travelling support over here, it would've been more.

Section C is now sold out while B is about half full now, leaving only the two red sections either end of the stand with seats readily available.  The rest of the North Stand and the northern wing of the Main Stand only has a handful of seats left in each (some nearly down to single figures) and will almost certainly be sold out by Thursday.

Edited by Renegade

Steaua just bought Gregory Tade from Cluj as well!

Going by the translation of this article, ( Link ) it is likely that they will start Daniel Florea up front on his own. He has yet to play for Astra and only scored 4 in 40 matches for his previous club, Concordia.

It's more likely Budescu will start up top and they will play Boldrin in behind - that's what they went for in their first game against Concordia

Seems they have bought more attacking mids than they have forwards. 

Can only go on Youtube vids I watched from last season and putting the dots together based on the players they've lost and their new signings though.  Plus the fact they have a new manager so very difficult to predict how they will set up. 

A lot of changes for them since last year though which gives me a bit of optimism despite what shape we are in. 

Just read that article - don't know if it's just the translation but

"Romanian-Scottish first meeting took place in the 1969-1970 season between Steaua and Glasgow Rangers. "Protestants""

:laugh:

Edited by Harry Chibber

Someone just tweeted there, a picture of the billboard Cork City have in their town centre (I presume they have them elsewhere in the town as well), advertising the club's upcoming games that month.  Granted it's probably too late to do for this game now, but should we get through to the next round (and just for our regular games in general actually), is that something we should be looking at for have a bit more presence around Inverness?  Certainly worth a try IMO.

It's more likely Budescu will start up top and they will play Boldrin in behind - that's what they went for in their first game against Concordia

Can only go on Youtube vids I watched from last season and putting the dots together based on the players they've lost and their new signings though.  Plus the fact they have a new manager so very difficult to predict how they will set up. 

A lot of changes for them since last year though which gives me a bit of optimism despite what shape we are in. 

"Romanian-Scottish first meeting took place in the 1969-1970 season between Steaua and Glasgow Rangers. "Protestants""

Hi all, I'm a fan of Romanian football.

Yep, it's very probable they'll start with Budescu upfront. Not his best position, but he's always a threat.

I don't know if Willian de Amorim will play on the left (he's linked to Steaua). In the case he doesn't play they can start with Filipe Teixeira, a new signing very well rated in Romania. Attention to the [very] quick Enache on the right.

Alibec absence is very important IMO (he's not only linked to Steaua but injured as well). I rate him as a devastating striker when he's in form and he made a letal society with Budescu. Daniel Florea is a fine dribbler but not a goalscorer as his numbers show.

Not very convinced about their defence (same thing than past season), they lack a natural right back and they lost some players in midfield, added to the good striker Fatai (left to Sparta Prague). I doubt this team (currently!) is better than one year ago, but they still have some good assets.

Astra is more dangerous when a superior rival don't take them seriously, like Lyon did past year. I think I never saw a Romanian team creating so many chances against a rival of that level

Edited by Johnny Melavo
  • Agree 2

Being slightly generous with the numbers there CaleyD. Yes that was St. Johnstone's crowd last night but this is their 4th season in a row in Europe. It is our first ever game so much more of an occasion. 

St. Johnstone also got crowds of 7-8.5k in Europe in recent seasons. With lower home average league attendances. 

We should have been looking to fill the stadium without too much effort. 

If you want to look at St Johnstone figures when they qualified to play in 2012....

The home leg saw a crowd of 6023 with 241 visiting fans....home crowd of 5782.  That's remarkably close to the 5746 (which included a "small band" of visiting fans) in this years home leg.

The higher attendances came when playing against more attractive opposition who would have brought larger travelling crowds....

7853 v Rosenborg BK - 2013
8594 v FK Minsk - 2013
8486 v FC Luzern - 2014
7001 v Spartak Trnava - 2014

To me, that would suggest that the crowd was influenced more by the opponent than the occasion in and of itself.  With Perth being better situated to draw on a larger number of casual/neutral fans, then it's not surprising that's the case.

Don't get me wrong, I think it would be great to see us with a crowd of 6000+ (we may do that)....but my personal expectation is that we'll get around 5000.

The point of my previous post on this subject was to highlight the potential last years success has to improve the number of season ticket holders....and my view that more season ticket holders would be where the greatest benefit comes from for the club.

It can't cost much to advertise you event on visit Scotland.

May as well take advantage of the time of year.

It's free to list an event on Visit Scotland....but having tried several times without them ever actually listing anything, I gave up. Even attempts to contact them to have the stadium listed as a football stadium have gone unanswered.

Those attendances pretty much back up what I was saying in relation to St. Johnstone. The lowest crowds there are around 6k going up to 8.5k. We have the novelty factor of our first ever game in Europe so based on St. Johnstone we should have been aiming for 7k at least. 

Also don't really accept the larger crowds being against teams with large travelling supports. The highest attendance there is against Minsk. I can't imagine they brought too many fans over!

• Agree 1

Hi all, I'm a fan of Romanian football.

Yep, it's very probable they'll start with Budescu upfront. Not his best position, but he's always a threat.

I don't know if Willian de Amorim will play on the left (he's linked to Steaua). In the case he doesn't play they can start with Filipe Teixeira, a new signing very well rated in Romania. Attention to the [very] quick Enache on the right.

Alibec absence is very important IMO (he's not only linked to Steaua but injured as well). I rate him as a devastating striker when he's in form and he made a letal society with Budescu. Daniel Florea is a fine dribbler but not a goalscorer as his numbers show.

Not very convinced about their defence (same thing than past season), they lack a natural right back and they lost some players in midfield, added to the good striker Fatai (left to Sparta Prague). I doubt this team (currently!) is better than one year ago, but they still have some good assets.

Astra is more dangerous when a superior rival don't take them seriously, like Lyon did past year. I think I never saw a Romanian team creating so many chances against a rival of that level

Good to hear that William might not be playing ... from the clips I've watched he looks like an excellent player! 

We've sold 3353 tickets so far for the home leg. I counted the dots because I have no life.

3704 now.

The police have issued a warning regarding traffic:

MOTORISTS and football fans heading to Inverness Caledonian Thistle's first ever European clash on Thursday are being warned of likely traffic disruption.

Police have urged people heading to the game to plan more time into their journey ahead of the clash with FC Astra Giurgiu at 7.45pm.

"We would advise motorists to expect delays on the approaches to the A9 Kessock Bridge roundabout and in the vicinity of Longman road nearby to the stadium between 6.45pm and 8pm and then again between 9.30pm and 10pm," said a police spokeswoman.

"There is currently also a three-way traffic control due to roadworks in the Longman area which may cause additional delays.

"Those travelling to the game are advised to set off early and allow plenty of time for the journey. Motorists are also reminded to prepare for delays and be mindful that there will be pedestrians crossing roads on their way to the match as the grounds open at 6.45pm."

Edited by Guest

Press and Journal are reporting that 6,000 tickets have been sold!

Can't see how that's true unless the vast majority of the South Stand has been sold.

Without wanting to go through the 'nationalities at TCS' thread, I notice they've a Zambian up front. Is that a first?

They also have 4 Portuguese players, 3 from Brazil, and one from Japan! 

Yeah, I'd noticed that and was particularly interested as Zambia is one of the countries yet to feature on the list! But the player in question doesn't seem to be a first team regular and wasn't even on the bench for Astra's league game at the weekend. :sad:
But, the other countries have been 'done' with Morais, Camazzola and Nakamura!

Maybe they're saving him for tomorrow.

That'd be tragic if he didn't add his nation to our list!! Given Yogis lack of strikers maybe we could play 'under 12's' rules, and borrow him to make up the numbers...and then get him on. 

• Agree 1

• Scotty unfeatured this topic
  • Scotty unpinned this topic