ICTFC v FC Astra Giurgiu // Travel + Build up

Don't know if anyone else has read the comments of the Astra manager, but unless he's bluffing, he is under the impression that we are a long ball team who rely on set pieces. He maybe in for a shock if the team get the progressive passing game going.

• Agree 3

Press and Journal are reporting that 6,000 tickets have been sold!

Can't see how that's true unless the vast majority of the South Stand has been sold.

I wonder if the P&J are mistaken and have looked at the ticket site and presumed everywhere in red had sold out (the south stand and the wee west stand or example), when in fact those sections just haven't been put up on sale.

Have we got a thread discussing line ups etc for the game? If so then apologies for this post

How does everyone think we will line up?

Esson

Raven Meekings Warren Tremarco

Tansey Draper

Doran       Christie           Williams

Roberts?

Subs - Mackay, Vincent, Devine, Lopez, Horner, Polworth, Wedderburn

I'm assuming Lopez isnt fit enough to start and last 90 mins, but is he does then could we play Roberts in behind with Williams in LB and Tremarco benched?

Have we got a thread discussing line ups etc for the game? If so then apologies for this post

How does everyone think we will line up?

Esson

Raven Meekings Warren Tremarco

Tansey Draper

Doran       Christie           Williams

Roberts?

Subs - Mackay, Vincent, Devine, Lopez, Horner, Polworth, Wedderburn

I'm assuming Lopez isnt fit enough to start and last 90 mins, but is he does then could we play Roberts in behind with Williams in LB and Tremarco benched?

I think Roberts is more of a midfielder, so maybe swap him and Christie? I think he could be more of a threat, I think Lopez will start though because it will be him or Calum Ferguson as they are our 2 strikers, roll on 7:45pm tomorrow! 

Absolutely buzzing, never again will we have our first game in Europe and I can always say I was there no matter what happens, I really hope we can get something from the game, that would really just top everything 

• Agree 1

I don't think Calum Ferguson was registered with our Euro squad.

I was under the impression that U21s that are from our youth system don't need to be registered and after reading the regulations it doesn't really make it any clearer for me. 

Also, Calum Ferguson said in a recent interview with the club that he was still not 100%, so he might not make it anyways. 

I'm sure I recall hearing from someone that Calum Ferguson recently had to have an MRI on a back injury. No idea whether it is keeping him from training/playing. Haven't heard much about him this pre-season.

I would imagine the front 4 would be something like this:

Doran---------------------Christie---------------Williams/Roberts

-------------------------------Lopez-------------------------

We've sold 3353 tickets so far for the home leg. I counted the dots because I have no life.

3704 now.

I've not counted every dot but with 3 sections of south stand now available and virtually sold out already I think we are over 5,300. 

We've sold 3353 tickets so far for the home leg. I counted the dots because I have no life.

3704 now.

I've not counted every dot but with 3 sections of south stand now available and virtually sold out already I think we are over 5,300. 

4504 by my count. The front halves of those sections haven't been opened yet.

3704 now.

4504 by my count. The front halves of those sections haven't been opened yet.

Can you tell that the front half not available from seating plan or just privileged info?

Edited by DalgetyBayJaggy
error

Each evening I've checked they haven't been available but the ones at the back have. They could be selling them solely in the shop though I suppose.

I wouldnt look into seat mumbers too deeply, What ever it is, its going to be a new record for ICT fans at TCS surely. we've had old firm matches with quite a few of them amongst us, only one to probably come close is against St Johnstone a decade ago.

Really looking forward to getting back to Inverness for this oneone.

I wouldnt look into seat mumbers too deeply, What ever it is, its going to be a new record for ICT fans at TCS surely. we've had old firm matches with quite a few of them amongst us, only one to probably come close is against St Johnstone a decade ago.

Really looking forward to getting back to Inverness for this one. 

When we lifted the 1st division trophy against Dundee in 2010 our fans were in the south stand as well. I remember Dundee only had one section in there and maybe only had about 20 or so fans. The attendance was 7,031 so would have had 7k ICT fans there that day. Don't think we will top that tomorrow.

Edited by Joe DiMaggio

When we lifted the 1st division trophy against Dundee in 2010 our fans were in the south stand as well. I remember Dundee only had one section in there and maybe only had about 20 or so fans. The attendance was 7,031 so would have had 7k ICT fans there that day. Don't think we will top that tomorrow.

If we now hold 7800, I bet u a pint we will beat the 7k number.

• Agree 1

Does anyone know if any TV channels in Romania will be showing game? Trying to think of the chances of getting a stream.

Yes.....had that confirmed this evening...it's DigiTV Romania.  They are able to provide a feed should any TV companies over here wish to purchase the rights...which we've had no enquires for so far.

Edited by CaleyD
  • Agree 1

Does anyone know if any TV channels in Romania will be showing game? Trying to think of the chances of getting a stream.

Yes.....had that confirmed this evening...it's DigiTV Romania.  They are able to provide a feed should any TV companies over here wish to purchase the rights...which we've had no enquires for so far.

Thanks for that, should be able to get a stream then. Wish I was going to be there though! Shame no one over here has picked it up.

If we now hold 7800, I bet u a pint we will beat the 7k number.

The source I looked at appears to be wrong and the actual crowd against Dundee wad 6,031 which was only slightly less than the St. Johnstone game but they had more away fans than Dundee. So anything above 6k should see us have the most home fans ever. I'm not so sure we will top 6k going by sales already. Perhaps 5k+

• Scotty unfeatured this topic
  • Scotty unpinned this topic