ICTFC v FC Astra Giurgiu // Travel + Build up

Booked KLM Aberdeen-amsterdam-bucharest. Out wed morn 0920 leave sat tea time. £260. As good as anything else I could see out of Edinburgh or Glasgow. Inverness prices already...ouch. 1.5 hr stopover schipol. Figured no point paying over the odds just to rush back on a Fri when it's the weekend. Staying in Bucharest. Decent prices in good hotels. went for Radisson Blue. hostels 3 nights £15 -5 star hotel £300+ and loads in between. See you there at some bar somewhere!

Can anyone comment yet on how many tickets we are likely to get for away leg - more importantly will everyone that wants tickets get them?
I want to get my flights booked as soon as possible but just want to make sure there will be tickets available.

My thoughts exactly. No point in booking anything other than refundable hotel rooms if we don't know what our ticket allocation will be. Need to wait on an official announcement from the club.

I also understand that there is an issue about women travelling especially as my other half wants to go with me and treat this as part of our summer holiday.

All booked.  Glasgow to Stanstead £15 > Stanstead to Bucharest £171 return > Still trying to figure out how to get back to Glasgow

Hotel £50 for 2 nights 

We've lucked out... couldn't hoped for a cheaper destination ... especially when you think what we could have ended up with!  

Just need to source the pubs then we're on to a winner!

For flights try: http://www.skyscanner.net/

KLM usually the best and may include a long transfer in Amsterdam :twothumbsup:

hotels: http://www.trivago.co.uk/

Definitely stay in Bucharest, i'm sure transfers can be organized even if it's 4 in a taxi.

Type "old town bucharest" into google images, wall to wall pubs!

football pub in centre http://www.halftimepub.ro/

Unless you have an aversion to cheap beer, cheap food and sunshine get yourself along.

Flights booked for me and the wife - Edinburgh to Stansted on Wed night, Stansted to Bucharest early Thursday morning. I'm happy to organise minibus/driver from Bucharest to Giurgiu if anyone wants to get on board with that. Looks like it would be less than £20pp return.

• Agree 1

In regards to tickets for the away leg. I've been told we have more than ample allocation, so wouldn't be concerned about not getting one.

That's a bold statement given that ground capacity is only 8,500 and we took 15,000 to our last away game!  :wink:

• Agree 2

In regards to tickets for the away leg. I've been told we have more than ample allocation, so wouldn't be concerned about not getting one.

That's a bold statement given that ground capacity is only 8,500 and we took 15,000 to our last away game!  :wink:

They use the same system as Elgin for controlling capacity.

They use the same system as Elgin for controlling capacity.

Any truth in the rumour that Giurgiu looks like Elgin? 

• Scotty unfeatured this topic
  • Scotty unpinned this topic