Football Rumours

Yngwie

http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/InvernessCaledonianThistle.php

This "football rumours" website is always a source of amusement and sheer fantasy rather than well founded rumours or insider information.

The most recent post is interesting though, suggesting that we are interested in Newport keeper Joe Day.  It seems unlikely, given that Newport paid £40,000 for him in January and he is/was first choice keeper. BUT, Butcher (and Marsella) are completely rebuilding the squad, another keeper has been signed, plus we all know how Terry can just take a dislike to a player.

But then I'm reminded of my opening statement when I see that the next rumour is that Richie Foran is off to Doncaster Rovers. :slapme:

One of Butcher's grouses with Hibs is that he was not given the opportunity bring his type of player in.  No doubt he will be trying to bring players in quickly to Newport and he will be ruthless in getting rid of those whose faces don't fit.  But we also have a link with Newport through Garry Warren and I am sure he would be aware of decent players who become available.  His success here would encourage others to come here if the manager was interested in them.

On the Foran front there may well be truth in that.  I don't know what goes on behind the scenes but if Richie has harboured hopes of an assistant manager role here at some point, they might have been scuppered with Yogi  bringing his old mate Brian Rice in.  As a player I'm not sure that a fit again Foran will ever be more than a bench warmer here so if he gets an offer from elsewhere he might jump at it.  The club would be happy to give him a free transfer and free up his wages