Astra Home Game

Rather discuss this in the Main Forum but would be interested to know how many people from outside of the Highlands are going to Romania but NOT taking in the home game - and why ? I am still not sure and that is from a financial perspective and travelling midweek to an evening game is really difficult. I could drive up and back but that is draining fer an old mannie. When I priced up the train it would probably cost me £100+ without the cheap rates. Add on hotel, drinking money etc and I actually reckon that going to Sneck would be on a par financially to my Romania trip. I may well go in the end as it is history in the making and summat I really want to be part of. But the doubt appears to be shared by many.

What worries me is what if we feckin go through !!

• Agree 1

i wanted to go to Romania but cant justify the spends.

I am technically outside the highlands but we will be staying with the inlaws during summer holidays for a bit. I also am emigrating and cant commit too far into the future to have been able to risk 3 or 4 hundred for the away leg. I have got a ticket for next week and I am hoping to take my middle son to his first game on sat for the St Mirren match

Interesting question !  I can't make the game in Romania due to a long standing previous commitment.   But I am sure it would have been cheaper for me to get there from down here in Berkshire than it will be for my trip to Inverness next week for the 1st leg.  When I add up flights, parking at Heathrow, hotel, car hire for a day, ticket, food and booze I'll be lucky to see any change from £500.  Pretty sure I could have got to Romania cheaper.

• Agree 1

I wonder if we are going to have another bout of home 'apathy'   heard that we have sold 2800 tkts for the Astra game next week, still plenty time, however the club should push this game a bit more.

One would like to think that the club would be announcing that all tickets had been sold by now.  I don't know what more the club can reasonably do.  I think the whole of the Highlands is well aware that ICT won the Scottish Cup and will be the first team in the Highlands ever to play in a European competition.  By definition, our first ever game in Europe is something which will never happen again and if people aren't motivated yet to buy a ticket then I don't think anything the club can say or do will make any difference.

It will be interesting to see what the crowd actually is, but if we can't get close to a full house for this one then you can kiss goodbye to any hope of ever making significant increases to our average gates.

• Agree 1

Now, I know the club have been on holidays.. staff included, I presume and knowing finances and time are a primary resource to anything and everything but I'm a little disappointed that there doesn't seem to have been even an ounce of the hype the club were drumming up for the final.

I understand it's natural to put a bit more effort into something that could directly reward you if it pulls off, just like the cup final but this is a completely different forray into football territory, yet equally leveled with the cup final, I feel.

I may just be blind and not have noticed anything in the town center on ad boards or such but all I've seen is it coming from sources like this forum and the club website.. all very well for the regulars that visit and know fine well of the occasion.

Should we make it to the next round, I for one would be happy to see what we could do to drum up attention for the home leg, getting those who were happy to come to the final, make the same effort and garner their passion for the home legs.

• Agree 1

I may not make the home game if the mini bus idea doesn't happen but will be in Romania. Will be gutted to miss the home game but need to be in work on the Friday so hoping we get some more numbers for the bus

I wonder if we are going to have another bout of home 'apathy'   heard that we have sold 2800 tkts for the Astra game next week, still plenty time, however the club should push this game a bit more.

If this is true it will be an absolute disgrace, and we will be the laughing stock of Scottish Football. Come on all you supporters who joined us for the Cup Final, and make this another night of celebration for Yogi and the boys who represent our city. Lets show Europe the real INVERNESS.

• Agree 1

We do seem a little modest when it comes to blowing our own trumpet for a midweek Europa league match and weren't that bashful when it came to promoting the cup final. 

We may be playing a team with a small fan base but if we are fortunate enough to progress to the next round and play a bigger team its going to be a HUGE boost to the local economy. I wonder what the council can do.

I am just going to Romania. I have to be back in Glasgow for Friday morning. It was a choice between home and away leg for me due to work commitments, so choosing a trip to Bucharest instead of another home game was an easy choice for me.

I stay in Inverness, can't go to the home leg (long term commitment out of town) but going to Romania. However, I will be hugely disappointed if we can't get 5,000+ at home leg. Apart from Barry Wilson's testimonial v Liverpool U19s we have a poor record of home attendances for games in the summer holidays. It's as if half the population leave town as soon as the schools break up.

Seemingly 1 away support tkt sold so far....?   

I'm not able to go to Romania for away game, but will be at he home game..  if we we had 1/3 of the people who made the journey to Hampden for the cup final turn out for our first ever euro game next week it would make a fantastic atmosphere and surely help the players!  

I'm going to both. Glasgow - Bucharest is a lot more expensive for me than Glasgow - Inverness, but the £60 train ticket to Inverness still stings. I expect an ICT-crested cake with a file in it to be sent to me when I'm put in debtors' prison for defaulting on my credit card repayments later this year.  

Edited to add: I booked the train before ICTPaisley suggested the mini bus, which obviously would have been a great deal cheaper.

Edited by alternative maryhill

Anyone know if the home match is going to be shown on any sort of TV anywhere? (i.e. will it be available for a stream online?)

I think there was a similar question recently, and the answer then was that there were no plans for either leg to be televised.