Scottish Cup 2016 - our defence of the trophy!

Sneckboy

Some ties went ahead this afternoon - but the weather played havoc here, too. Notable win for East Kilbride, in only they're second season in the competition. They'll fancy
going even further! Cove now have a trip to Motherwell...
Five games remain unresolved with attempts being made this 'midweek' to get them played.

Forfar Athletic 2-1 Queen's Park
Cove Rangers 4-1 Formartine United
East Kilbride 2-1 (aet) Stenhousemuir

Airdrieonians v Dundee United
Dumbarton or Alloa Athletic v Queen of the South
Dundee v Falkirk
Dunfermline Athletic v Ross County
East Kilbride v Huntly or Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale

Heart of Midlothian v Aberdeen
Inverurie Loco Works or Annan Athletic v Hamilton Academical
Livingston v Greenock Morton
Motherwell v Cove Rangers
Raith Rovers v Hibernian
Rangers v Cowdenbeath or Arbroath
St Johnstone v Kilmarnock
St Mirren v Partick Thistle
Stirling Albion v Inverness Caledonian Thistle
Stranraer v Celtic
Wick Academy or Linlithgow Rose v Forfar Athletic

Nearly a week after the draw, there is still no confirmation of whether the game v Stirling  is on the 9th or 10th of Jan.  I phoned both clubs today and each said they expected it to be the 9th, but would confirm later.  How long does it take to arrange a game?  Makes it really difficult for long distance supporters (like me) to get their flights sorted out at a reasonable cost, and to do so with the confidence that the dates won't be changed.

Clubs can't confirm until they have been notified of the selections for TV....which has now only just been announced and we're not one of them.

Imagine conversation needed will now be very short and would expect it to be 3pm on the Saturday.

17 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

Clubs can't confirm until they have been notified of the selections for TV....which has now only just been announced and we're not one of them.

Imagine conversation needed will now be very short and would expect it to be 3pm on the Saturday.

Thanks for that.  I think I'll just wait another day or so before booking, just in case!

About a year ago my mate got us a pair of tickets to see the Manic Street Preachers - as it turned out, it was on Cup final day and the celebrations meant I never actually made it to the gig.

12 months later, they've just announced another gig in Scotland, and would you believe it, it's on Cup final day again. So I'm getting another ticket and very much hoping not to be there!

• Agree 3

As Mantis mentioned, Lothian Thistle HV had a terrific win last night to set up a match with East Kilbride.
The other game last night saw Cowdenbeath secure a 4-2 win at Arbroath, to book a trip to Ibrox.

Saturday 9th January - 3pm (unless otherwise stated)
Dumbarton or Alloa Athletic v Queen of the South
Dundee v Falkirk
East Kilbride v Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale

Inverurie Loco Works or Annan Athletic v Hamilton Academical
Raith Rovers v Hibernian
Heart of Midlothian v Aberdeen (5.30pm)

Rangers v Cowdenbeath (Sunday 10th - 1pm)
Stranraer v Celtic (Sunday 10th - 3.15pm)

Tonight's results:
Annan Athletic 1-0 Inverurie Loco Works
Dumbarton 5-0 Alloa Athletic
Wick v. Linlithgow is the only unresolved game - next attempt is Monday 14th December.

Saturday 9th January - 3pm (unless otherwise stated)
Annan Athletic v Hamilton Academical
Dumbarton v Queen of the South
Dundee v Falkirk
East Kilbride v Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale

Raith Rovers v Hibernian
Heart of Midlothian v Aberdeen (5.30pm)

Rangers v Cowdenbeath (Sunday 10th - 1pm)
Stranraer v Celtic (Sunday 10th - 3.15pm)

On 12/7/2015 at 5:04 PM, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Thanks for that.  I think I'll just wait another day or so before booking, just in case!

Had it confirmed that it's a 3pm Saturday Kick-Off.  Ticket info will be issued in due course.

On 07/12/2015 at 11:38 PM, Yngwie said:

About a year ago my mate got us a pair of tickets to see the Manic Street Preachers - as it turned out, it was on Cup final day and the celebrations meant I never actually made it to the gig.

12 months later, they've just announced another gig in Scotland, and would you believe it, it's on Cup final day again. So I'm getting another ticket and very much hoping not to be there!

Caley Nod and myself had the same predicament however we were able to get a couple of celebratory drinks in before dashing to Edinburgh to see the MSP. Only missed the first song as well.

24 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

Had it confirmed that it's a 3pm Saturday Kick-Off.  Ticket info will be issued in due course.

Good stuff. I think it might have made a good game for TV but the Hearts v Aberdeen match was an obvious choice and with both Celtic and 'Rangers' almost always going to be picked up by Sky it's not much of a surprise that we aren't on the telly. Hopefully the 3pm kick off time will encourage a lot of folk to get down for it. Only a couple of hours on the train from Inverness so it's not exactly a mammoth journey.

So, Bughtie, we can only wait for the Mackenzies to inform us ....

But, did you know that in the world of Spiritualism, a Seer is one who is simply a medium transmitting messages from that same world by meditating to elevate his or her vibrations to more closely match those higher spiritual frequencies emanating therefrom. Just like radio frequency waves.....no accurate tuning, then no messages or reception.

I recall being in Stirling when Inverness Caledonian took a beating after eliminating the 'Championship' leaders in the previous round?

1989-90   2     GALA FAIRYDEAN                      A    2-2
          2r    GALA FAIRYDEAN                      H    4-1
          3     AIRDRIEONIANS                       A    2-2
          3r    AIRDRIEONIANS                       H    1-1    (Inverness Caledonian won 5-4 on penalties)
          4     STIRLING ALBION                     A    2-6

So no more Mr Nice Guy Yogi - we do not want to do a St Johnstone and lose the first defence of the trophy and underestimate this team.

4 hours ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

I recall being in Stirling when Inverness Caledonian took a beating after eliminating the 'Championship' leaders in the previous round?

1989-90   2     GALA FAIRYDEAN                      A    2-2
          2r    GALA FAIRYDEAN                      H    4-1
          3     AIRDRIEONIANS                       A    2-2
          3r    AIRDRIEONIANS                       H    1-1    (Inverness Caledonian won 5-4 on penalties)
          4     STIRLING ALBION                     A    2-6

So no more Mr Nice Guy Yogi - we do not want to do a St Johnstone and lose the first defence of the trophy and underestimate this team.

Yup. I remember that. The game was played at Brockenville. I managed to end up in the home end. What joy.