ICT v. St Mirren

That didn't work... Anyway, here's the team:

ICTFC v St Mirren - Esson, Raven, Vincent, Warren, Devine, Draper, Trialist, Roberts, Tansey, Wedderburn, Christie.

ICTFC subs v St Mirren - Hoban (GK), Brown, Trialist, Trialist, Polworth.

No Meekings or Williams again. I doubt we'll see them on Thursday now.

About time we had a few more goals !!!

I have a feeling the comments from those who are there today should make interesting reading. I look forward to the reports. 

All over 1-1......poor rehearsal best performance ????????..maybe

Edited by bughtmaster
save space
  • Agree 1

Here's what I send to my pals who weren't there today for what it's worth.

Half time report. Caley playing 4-3-2-1. Christie and Roberts behind Hooper. Christie and Roberts neat and tidy (very similar players) but not offering any width. Hooper looks a willing runner but a downgrade on Ofere. Not half as strong. He's not signed yet. **** knows who'll play striker against Astra. The boy Wedderburn from Cowdenbeath playing left back. He's a unit. There would be more mobility if I was offering myself on the overlap. Tansey blowing through his arse. Vincent playing well. Defence not troubled. Meekings, Williams, Tremarco and Doran not fit today. Alarm bells.

Second half not as neat. Polworth able deputy to Tansey / Draper. Passes well. Strikes the ball like a young Ian Black. Christie best on park, becoming a leader. Wanting the ball all the time. Dani Lopez more Jim Hamilton than David Silva. Doubt he'll be back. Jordan Roberts a lot quieter out on the wing. Looks like he should be rapid but didn't stretch his legs at any point. Think he's decent though. Hooper probably worth taking. We have to sign more than one striker anyway. Wedderburn is not a full back.

• Agree 3

Clearly focused on retaining ball and working opposition out of position. Score does not mean much but I don't see Hooper as offering as much goal threat as Ofere though has much better touch and awareness. Lopez lacks pace to play at this level though clearly has some technical ability. St Midden looked a league below

Fwiw I think Hooper would be worth signing think with enough games and getting used to the system etc he could be decent. Jordan Roberts I reckon is going to be a great signing he looks willing and has a lovely left peg. Wedderburn. Mmmmm? If he is our choice to be left back on Thursday we could be in a bit of bother looks pretty slow and cumbersome at times and if it wasn't for St Mirren wayward passing he certainly didn't seem to have the pace to prevent anyone running down the wing surely Tremarco will be fit for the game. The rest of the team at times there was some nice passing play at others it looked like the first time they have played together from Clach up till now I can't say I've seen much improvement though saints were obviously a better team. Let's hope they are saving it all for Thursday  and trying not to give away too much and to top it all the pumps weren't working in the bar  

Just back from the game and I thought that St Mirren brought us a good workout game before the Astra game on Thursday. Overall, I was impressed with the movement and passing of the team as a whole especially with the new players in the team. Today was my first viewing of the team since the Cup final and I have mixed feelings about the trialists and also new additions. 

JJ Hooper: I thought out of the trialists he had more to offer and looked quite good when he was running into positions and looked like he had a mean shot on him. 

Jordan Roberts: Very comfortable on the ball and looks to be a good find by the club. I thought today he had flashes of Andrew Shinnie about him today. I do think however him playing besides Ryan Christie created a wee bit of a conflict as they are very similar players. 

Dani Lopez: Meh. Brought on later in the second half and I wasn't over impressed if I have to be honest. A couple times he gave away the ball and then another incident where he tripped over the ball. I think there is more to come from him if he was signed and fully match fit but I think there is better options. 

Oliver Norburn: Quite impressed with him, plays a very similar game to Greg Tansey which would be a helpful addition to the club incase Greg was ever injured or suspended. 

Nat Wedderburn: I thought he done alright today, I was impressed in the first half when the ball looked to be heading out for a goal kick but Nat managed to get the end to it and cross into the box. In my personal opinion, I do not think he is suited for the left back position and would be better placed in the centre of the pitch. I do think he played well and I'm keen to see more of him in the up in coming matches. 

I do feel we were missing width play today and also pacy drive that was provided when Graeme Shinnie and Marley Watkins were at the club however we would have been alright today if we had the services of Danny Williams and Carl Tremarco. 

• Agree 2

Pass left,pass left, pass right, pass right, wee pass forward, pass back, pass left, pass right, pass left, slack pass, win ball back, repeat. Sometimes I just want someone to blooter the bloody thing towards goal. That said if we keep ball like that against astra and with full strength line up to cut some slack passes I'm hopeful. 

Been at most of the friendlies now and I thought that game yesterday was a good run out for the boys. 

Jordan Roberts - every time I watch this guy I'm impressed. Really nice touches and his turn is nothing short of beautiful. Brilliant find.

Nat Wedderburn - don't want to be too harsh on him but left back is not his position, looked very off the pace and didn't really get stuck in. A guy that size should be putting people on their backsides every time.

J.J. Hooper - haven't been impressed by him at all in the previous friendlies but he was better yesterday. One thing about him is he has some strike on him. 

Dani Lopez - I know people wouldn't be impressed by his ball work yesterday but his off the ball movement was very good. Some of the runs he was making would have left st mirren defenders for dead if he was played in. And I think that once he gains confidence he will start demanding that ball over the top or to feet. Definitely worth a 1 year contract.

Oliver Norburn - was quite impressed with him yesterday. If we sign him I don't think he will start but definitely good cover to have.

• Agree 3