UEFA Europa League - Q3 draw

Sneckboy

Damn, won't be able to make the London trip if it happens as appearing at Scottish Bowling Championships in Ayr. Could make the home leg though - complete reversal of round 2. 

That's ironic! Due to bowling, you'll miss the game at the 'Bowlin' ground! (as it tends to be pronounced for some reason)

I know and I missed the home leg v Astra due to bowling too. Was playing in Northern Counties BA championships in Golspie v Thurso, a long term commitment.

To me a 1-0 away win is achievable. Extra time and penalties might be needed but ICT never do things the easy way. Astra probably left feeling the clapping we gave them at the end indicated they were through and ''well done''.  Achieving a 1-0 result involving Inverness CT has actually been achieved by Yogi and Brian Rice before!!! 

''A WHOLLY relieved Falkirk manager John Hughes was able to ruminate on his team "coming through the mire" after the Inverness win that allowed them to avoid falling out of a top flight they had seemed incapable of gaining a foothold in not so long ago. Victory yesterday meant Hughes, the subject of a letter from supporters' trust members demanding his removal a month ago, could subtly remind critics just how acceptable the campaign has proved to be.

"We reached the League Cup semi-final, we are in the final of the Scottish Cup, which we have a chance of winning and we are tenth in the SPL", he pointed out. "So there is a chance of this being a right good season for Falkirk. I have to give a special mention to Brian Rice, my No 2. He has stood strongly by my side for the last six years. The players have a tremendous amount of respect for him and I have to say that one's for him."

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/inverness-ct-0-1-falkirk-highland-fling-ends-with-a-fall-1-1353034

I would hope that the chance to play two legs against West Ham is the best incentive ever following the home defeat. I know that the prospect has excited me and that it will boost the atmosphere at the game to the ceiling. We could have got a nightmare draw and I do not suspect that many would have travelled away if it had been across the seas. The Hammers tie could be an early season financial reward and what a pre season test.

So let's hope that the players put in that extra mile this week. I know that they will do us proud anyway but I am praying for one of the best post match ICT celebrations ever in a Bucharest night club and hopefully on to the big smoke. judging from the descriptions of Giurgiu it could be a case of Out of the Big Choke and on to the Big Smoke. anyway I have now firmly got Giurgiu on ma mind.

• Agree 3

Great draw for us and a massive incentive to get through to the next round.

Interesting draw for Aberdeen as well.  After their superb win in Croatia they must be favourites to progress to the next round where they would face another trip to Eastern Europe, but a very winnable tie.  A win in Q3 would take them just one game away from the group stages and that must be quite a realistic prospect for them now.  Should Aberdeen get to the group stages that would be really good for the Scottish game (plus it would probably provide a distraction from league business) so let's wish them well in their European venture.

• Agree 1

I would hope that the chance to play two legs against West Ham is the best incentive ever following the home defeat. I know that the prospect has excited me and that it will boost the atmosphere at the game to the ceiling. We could have got a nightmare draw and I do not suspect that many would have travelled away if it had been across the seas. The Hammers tie could be an early season financial reward and what a pre season test.

So let's hope that the players put in that extra mile this week. I know that they will do us proud anyway but I am praying for one of the best post match ICT celebrations ever in a Bucharest night club and hopefully on to the big smoke. judging from the descriptions of Giurgiu it could be a case of Out of the Big Choke and on to the Big Smoke. anyway I have now firmly got Giurgiu on ma mind.

It excites me so much. I feel i want this tie more than the Cup final. (Publicity wise)

Safe to say we wont get this chance again to play a Premier league side in a competitive match. As the whole UEFA fair play thing that allowed West Ham is is stopping next season. That is unless we get to the group stages at some point!

I think we're capable of turning this round, I wasn't too impressed with Astra on Thursday night. West Ham is a great incentive to fight back and Aberdeen's 3-0 away should be good inspiration to our lads that Scottish clubs are capable of a result in Europe.

What an incentive indeed! Assuming both British teams get thru, Its only 20 stops on district line for me.... 

Nae much further here mate !

Few shandies in the "H & F" beforehand and away we go :twothumbsup:

Good call LondonICT