Romania Prize Money & Charity Donation

DalgetyBayJaggy

I still have prize money waiting for 5 winners of the ‘Time of First Goal competitions’ from the bus convoy. I know two of their names are Shona MacGillivray and James Vallano and the other 3 should have winning slips with the 0-0 result printed on them.

Can anyone that knows Shona, James or any of the other 3 who did not get their prize money in Romania please get in touch with me so I can get their money to them.

We managed to reduce the cost of the coaches so we have £640 left over which, after discussion with CJT, we have decided to donate to a Romanian charity on behalf of ICT fans. We are currently trying to establish which is the best charity to give the money to but it will be one that helps homeless children or orphans - I will let you know the name of the charity as soon as we decide and will make sure that ICT fans get some recognition for the donation.

Finally – thanks to everyone who made the trip and contributed to a fantastic few days in Romania. Hopefully we can do it all again next year – maybe someone else will be stupid enough to book the first minibus next time……

• Agree 23

I still have prize money waiting for 5 winners of the ‘Time of First Goal competitions’ from the bus convoy. I know two of their names are Shona MacGillivray and James Vallano and the other 3 should have winning slips with the 0-0 result printed on them.

Can anyone that knows Shona, James or any of the other 3 who did not get their prize money in Romania please get in touch with me so I can get their money to them.

We managed to reduce the cost of the coaches so we have £640 left over which, after discussion with CJT, we have decided to donate to a Romanian charity on behalf of ICT fans. We are currently trying to establish which is the best charity to give the money to but it will be one that helps homeless children or orphans - I will let you know the name of the charity as soon as we decide and will make sure that ICT fans get some recognition for the donation.

Finally – thanks to everyone who made the trip and contributed to a fantastic few days in Romania. Hopefully we can do it all again next year – maybe someone else will be stupid enough to book the first minibus next time……

Fair play on organising everything DBJ..... that was a whole lot of stress for very little reward!

All the boys from our group were grateful  :clapping:

Fabulous effort DBJ, also nice to know that some less fortunate Romanians will benefit from our trip. The buses were a great crack, and who knows how we all would have managed to get back to Bucharest after 11pm without your sterling efforts. So big pat on the back. The whole trip was a great experience, with a really impressive display of support. The team really put in a shift as well, for those not there I can assure you the effort and energy and focus they displayed was tremendous. They were only undone by the bit of fortune Astra got in Inverness. They were no mugs either and we should be proud we went toe to toe with them in our first European adventure, and without our best former players.

The Romanians we met were friendly and always willing to help, the beer was good, the food was excellent, the place is cheap for us and they have a wonderful country, from the Danube Delta to the Carpathian Mountains. So a resounding success. Bring some more on.

• Agree 3

Hi all

I was responsible for running the draw on bus 7, the winner of the draw, name of Chris, wanted the winnings donated to a Romanian charity.  so that should be a bit more cash for whatever charity you identify.

Well done and thanks again to DBJ and the others for organising the buses and looking forward to the next European trip

• Agree 1

Hi all

I was responsible for running the draw on bus 7, the winner of the draw, name of Chris, wanted the winnings donated to a Romanian charity.  so that should be a bit more cash for whatever charity you identify.

Well done and thanks again to DBJ and the others for organising the buses and looking forward to the next European trip

That's great - thanks Chris wherever you are.....

Great gesture to donate to it to a Romanian charity.

Hope this is well , publicized in their local papers.Winnintg friends and influencing people in football, like as in life itself, definitely has it's upsides in the future. Then they will remember ICT for their hearts as well as their contribution to European footie.Then we will be welcomed back with a bigger crowd the next time.

Cheers

S.P.

Do you also know that Destinies in Motion, our newly minted and printed very large Fantasy, also features very clever Romanian gypsies who help one of the novel's heroes fulfill his destiny--and he's from another dimension too.

This is an hilarious episode in this  book which reveals their cool and crafty cunning  ways of going about things......:wave:

Fantastic on all counts DBJ, great memories of a special day. Made even better with the news that we are  going to give leftover money to a Rumanian Charity. All the Rumanians we met were very warm and friendly and we will have great memories of their country. Chris was one of our group and hails from Forres.Cheers again those buses will live long in ICT folklore.

I was on your bus DBJ and want to thank you again for all your work.  Everything went so smoothly and we all had a great laugh, we're all very grateful.
And a lot of money being donated on behalf of ICT supporters, just like the trip - this leaves me with a smile!

Thank you.  Next game I see you at there will be a beer with your name on it. :ictscarf:

Do you also know that Destinies in Motion, our newly minted and printed very large Fantasy, also features very clever Romanian gypsies who help one of the novel's heroes fulfill his destiny--and he's from another dimension too.

YOU CAN'T SAY THAT WORD!!! :redcard:
I'm reporting you to the t'interweb police SP.  I'm soooooooooo offended. :blush:

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just confirming that we have now donated £1,000 to FARA – a charity which helps some of Romania’s most vulnerable and neglected children. FARA (which is Romanian for ‘without’) provides homes, therapy and education for orphaned and abandoned children in Bucharest and other parts of Romania.

£640 was left over after paying for the coaches, £50 was donated anonymously by one of the 'time of first goal' winners and Kenny Cameron added another £310 on behalf of the club to make it up to £1,000.

Thanks to all who contributed and hopefully we'll be welcomed back to Romania next year!

For further information on FARA you can visit their website at http://www.faracharity.org

• Agree 11

I'm Shona. I'll send you my details DBJ so you can pass on the prize

Well what about that!! For years it has never occurred to me that RiG was anything other than a bloke:amazed:

"I'm Shona"..... you could have been Spartacus for all I would have guessed!:smile: We learn something new every day!

When did you get the op Andrew. Should have told us. We could've had a whip round for flowers and grapes

Just confirming that we have now donated £1,000 to FARA – a charity which helps some of Romania’s most vulnerable and neglected children. FARA (which is Romanian for ‘without’) provides homes, therapy and education for orphaned and abandoned children in Bucharest and other parts of Romania.

£640 was left over after paying for the coaches, £50 was donated anonymously by one of the 'time of first goal' winners and Kenny Cameron added another £310 on behalf of the club to make it up to £1,000.

Thanks to all who contributed and hopefully we'll be welcomed back to Romania next year!

For further information on FARA you can visit their website at http://www.faracharity.org

Perhaps Mr Bannerman or one of the other journalists on here can highlight this story of our fans' great gesture in Romania and indeed our club with the top-up cash. This would be very nice and positive PR in the press. 

• Agree 6

Perhaps Mr Bannerman or one of the other journalists on here can highlight this story of our fans' great gesture in Romania and indeed our club with the top-up cash. This would be very nice and positive PR in the press. 

I've sent a press release of sorts to the club so hopefully they will pass it on to the press.

• Agree 2