Ryan Christie

DEANO96

Coudve predicted this months ago...just hope that the club dont bend over and let Celtic take them for a ride!! First of all, I'd be asking for minimum £750000, Christie back on loan and possibly even another player either striker or winger on top for a year loan.

i just hope the club and Christie both make a sensible decision that actually suits them both and not just a jump at a good looking payment.

Coudve predicted this months ago...just hope that the club dont bend over and let Celtic take them for a ride!! First of all, I'd be asking for minimum £750000, Christie back on loan and possibly even another player either striker or winger on top for a year loan.

i just hope the club and Christie both make a sensible decision that actually suits them both and not just a jump at a good looking payment.

They've binned most of their extra strikers... but Anthony Stokes is playing for their reserves...?

500k!!! What a disrespectful offer to both the club and the player. If Swansea have paid 700k for the lad from Falkirk then surely Ryan is worth over the million mark. I would rather see him go for nothing in the summer than be walked all over by the bullies of Scottish football!! Get a grip Celtic

Edited by Doofer
  • Agree 1

Stuart armstrong - £2m

Ryan gauld - £3m

Ryan Christie - £0.5m!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Absolutely derisory offer! Unless it involves a forward coming from parkhead to us they can ram it! 

Spot on - an offer well below the mark. First they blow the CL spot and now they look to bolster their squad on the cheap. A sell on clause is a must wherever the young lad goes.

Maybe it's time we got a car dealer or the like on the board to assist with our transfer dealings ;-)

• Agree 1

How does this extra year option on his contract work? Do both parties agree to an extension or can the club trigger the clause which would then increase his worth? 

According to the BBC the club has the option to extend his contract by a year. If that is correct then as you suggest his value should be higher.

Maybe it's time we got a car dealer or the like on the board to assist with our transfer dealings ;-)

Norman Cordiner stood down 20 years ago. He might come back.:smile:

But isn't Celtic's (and some other clubs') normal M.O. a sort of mirror image auction where they start by offering peanuts and then increase that when the lower ones are rejected?

Interesting, though, that Joan Collins blames the allegedly poor standard of the rest of Scottish football for Celtic's European inadequacies while, if young Christie now goes there, he will be the fifth Scottish player they will have asset stripped of late, following three from DU and one from Hibs?

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Norman Cordiner stood down 20 years ago. He might come back.:smile:

But isn't Celtic's (and some other clubs') normal M.O. a sort of mirror image auction where they start by offering peanuts and then increase that when the lower ones are rejected?

Interesting, though, that Joan Collins blames the allegedly poor standard of the rest of Scottish football for Celtic's European inadequacies while, if young Christie now goes there, he will be the fifth Scottish player they will have asset stripped of late, following three from DU and one from Hibs?

Correct. We should decline this offer as it really is cheap and not up to the value required.

Yes we do need funds etc but we cannot be giving our best talent away. Would Swansea or others come in with more money and still loan back?

I will be absolutely stunned if the club decline this offer.

the club are in a weak position what with poor start and crazy level of injuries . Celtic know that and are obviously trying to take advantage .

Ryan will have a say in this also.

bound to be sell on clauses loan back and other deals attached 

Totally unacceptable offer in my view and is nothing but a p*** take. Also I believe its a wrong move for Ryan too. Yes, it will increase his bank balance but he will be confined to the bench for much of the time and will become disillusioned with it all. This move could break him not make him. I think Ryan needs to take a very close look at this move and get rid of those £ signs. Yes I will be sorry to see him go - which seems inevitable - but would have liked him to come South of the border and not add to the payroll at Celtic...and for more money too into ICT's bank account.

Edited by Gringo

Not much to talk about really until we find out who's interested and what's on the table.

Ryan Christie has a great career ahead of him. Who ever buys him will have a great player and will make a good profit if they choose to sell him on.

Sounds like a good investment to me.

500k sounds a little too cheap at the minute regarding the future profit involved and coming from a club the size of Inverness they don't have to break the bank to pay his wage.

Sounds like a very good investment.

• Agree 1

If there was a risk of losing him for nothing next year I feel we would have no choice but sell now. With good negotiations we would get a couple of players on loan and ensure there is a good sell on clause.

However if what the BBC website says is true we have the option to extend his contract for a further 12 months when this one expires in May 2016. If this is the case there is no reason why we should even be considering such a derisory offer. We should be renegotiating his contract with a buyout clause or sitting tight for another 12 months where there may be some realistic competition from EPL teams for his signature.

Selling him now would only benefit us if we had a number of players lined up to come in, which I don't believe we have.

This is where the board could secure a financial footing for a number of years, get Ryan on a longer contract with a £1m+ buyout clause!

Let's face it, a buying club will always try and get the best deal for themselves. It's an opening bid, but it then puts the ball in our court as to whether the offer is acceptable or not. 

We have options. Accept. Negotiate or rejec. 

Hughes said pre-match on the radio that there are no other bids on the table other than Celtic.  Also mentioned that Bournemouth were very keen on Christie last season.

Incidentally, Ryan put in a performance that justified the hype, for 60 minutes or so, before fading out after missing a great chance to seal the win.

He is also very young and by no means a seasoned p[layer. So can we actually imagine that Celtic are so bereft of top class players that they will immediately shove him into the first team? More likely that he will be  blooded in the second team and /or sitting on the bench for the most part. The Tulloch Stadium is a far cry from Celtic park where thousands od supporters will give him a break for about 6 weeks, tops, before coming down on the club like a ton of bricks if he does not live up to the hype.. That is a very large stage and the punters will give him his chance until they feel he has been thrown into the first team too soon. Then what?

His dad is correct in advising him to stay with Caley Thistle for the time being and  after another couple of years he should be worth a lot more money to the club if they get further bids. Right now it does appear as if the club is not not exactly on the rocks financially-speaking, so what's the big rush?  Especially when his staying is more likely to help the team than the trade.:ohmy:

• Agree 1

I'll be surprised if we get much more for him than 500k. We might squeeze another 50k-100k. I agree he's worth much more than that but we are asking Celtic to wait a year before having him as we want to keep him on loan. 

I would say best outcome for us is maybe 600k, christie on loan and someone else (stokes, although ambitious) on loan also. Can't see why they wouldn't give us someone else on loan as Delia has already said   that we play good football. I'd say that would suit Celtic youngsters more than them going to Partick or Kilmarnock etc.