Celtic -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

Are there going to be any highlights shown via this site this season? I can't find event the "Reports" link any more. ....what has happened to that ;link?

Ict U tube is great but takes so long for video highlights to be posted on there that we have generally moved on from the present to the future by the time  it happens?

Sounded a spirited performance in the second half and delighted to see us score two goals especially Dani Lopez grabbing one.  Should be a good game next weekend against Hamiton Accies after they defeated Dundee Utd 4-0. 

Edited by ICTRoughi

Well, we won the second half!   Also, stats show we managed 9 shots today with 5 on target.  So there must be some plus points from a game that was always going to be a struggle for us with our makeshift defence.

I would suggest that when we get Warren and Meekings back in central defence, if we continue to create chances up front, then our season should improve dramatically. Defence of Scottish Cup a realistic target.

Believe.

• Agree 1

Surprised Yogi didn't start with Christie we are a far better team with him in the side

Think he was looking to flood the middle of the park and let Mutumbo have a run around chasing hopeful balls alone. Wouldn't be the first time a team has went that way at Celtic Park. 

In the end. 4-2. Least we managed to bag a couple. Hopefully our attackers will be able to take a positive from that. Was always going to be tough. Always is. We were anhilated there last season when we had a strike force. 

• Agree 1

I too watched this online. My thoughts:

We really miss Warren and Meekings - we lost two headed goals and two goal others from slack defending.
Ryan Christie once again showed he is a class above and made a real difference and took his goal well when he came on albeit Celtic had stepped off the gas by then
Dani Lopez also took his chance well

Oh -,let us ALL be honest. That may well have been a case of damage limitation and an effort to try and keep the extent of the loss down - and we were lucky to get the result. BUT what about the faithful who really did go there to support. It was one of the only away games that I could have gone to for a couple of months. That could have cost me at least £125 and fer what.

Oh -,let us ALL be honest. That may well have been a case of damage limitation and an effort to try and keep the extent of the loss down - and we were lucky to get the result. BUT what about the faithful who really did go there to support. It was one of the only away games that I could have gone to for a couple of months. That could have cost me at least £125 and fer what.

considering many on here have been saying how ***** ICT, yourself included are at this very early stage of the league, with injuries etc. I'd say you'd goto this away game & spend £125 as :

against celtic, see ICT score 2 goals, see Lopez may be better than we've seen. Many more reason but most of all to support the team. 

• Agree 1

I also watched it online, if I am being brutally honest we can back into the game after Celtic switched off after going 4 up, up until that point we were dreadful no point in glossing over it 

I suspect there is a lot of truth in this. We conceded two very cheap goals early on - as with last week against St Johnstone our makeshift central defence struggled to mark against cross balls - and for the rest of the first half Celtic played at little more than a strolling pace, with our only real threat being the shot on the turn from Mutombo. It felt like they could have punished us more if they had really wanted to.

Second half we started better, with some nice linking play from Vigurs in particular, and for the first five minutes after Christie's introduction we briefly looked the better team in midfield. However, we were outpaced and out-thought for the third goal, and caught absolutely flat-footed, fannying about around our own six-yard area for the fourth.

I said 'I suspect' earlier because, to my deep discredit, I left after the fourth goal: something I've done only once before, but hell, it was my £26 to spend as I chose. I'm sorry I missed Christie's goal, and the opportunity to applaud a player who continues to give his all for ICT (and who should have started) and I'm sorry I missed Dani's first goal for the club - hopefully there are many more to come.

I'll be interested to hear if those who stayed felt that the last 20 minutes provided real optimism for the rest of the season, or whether it just felt like we grabbed two consolation goals and pressed well against a team that was already mentally in the dressing room. Certainly, though, we need to try to dictate play earlier and command our box better against Hamilton next week, because those first two goals could have been scored by almost any team.       

Edited by alternative maryhill
  • Agree 1

£125 where are you buying your fuel?

Sainsburies just off the motorway south of Preston near B&Q is dirt cheap.

• Disagree 1

On this evidence, Celtic are going to stroll the league this season - Armstrong keeps getting better, and they can afford to play luxury players like Mackay-Steven and Allan ahead of him and Brown.

I'm not gutted by the way we've played - defence is makeshift and keeper is new, so that's what happens. Up front, we are slowly getting there I think.

It was shortly after you posted this that our goals came, obviously you did see something happening up front even if it was just change in attitude so well spotted.

Incidentaly what was the lead up to the Lopez goal ?     

Well, we won the second half!   Also, stats show we managed 9 shots today with 5 on target.  So there must be some plus points from a game that was always going to be a struggle for us with our makeshift defence.

I would suggest that when we get Warren and Meekings back in central defence, if we continue to create chances up front, then our season should improve dramatically. Defence of Scottish Cup a realistic target.

Believe.

Not that it matters much, but we didn't actually win the 2nd half....

considering many on here have been saying how ***** ICT, yourself included are at this very early stage of the league, with injuries etc. I'd say you'd goto this away game & spend £125 as :

against celtic, see ICT score 2 goals, see Lopez may be better than we've seen. Many more reason but most of all to support the team. 

Firstly I have not made any such comment or suggestion demonT - probably said more of what you do !! You evidently don't go to many away games as Parkhead is undoubtedly the worst fer many ICT fans - look at the numbers yesterday. And perhaps to simplify what I was actually alluding to I would have been furious if I had decided to go and see that starting X1 and the bench. Yogi has tried to shut up shop before at Parkhead and it resulted in similar, albeit worse. There is no way either that Christie or Lopez were carrying knocks. For Mary Hill to depart during a game says it all to me. To me you always play yer best team. And that to me is acceptable criticism.

And my Ferrari is heavy on petrol but train or car is usually a £60 cost - the heavy £26 for sitting in a distant corner of Parkdread - and of course pre and post match libations and eateries.

I've not yet seen any highlights from this game, my first instinct at seeing the line up was that Yogi was going for damage limitation, this against a team that seems to be hoovering up the best of the talent in the SPL and the only team in the league that have some capacity to hold their own in the early stages of the Champions League. Given that our defence is somewhat makeshift, and the midfield not the settled unit from last season I suspect the 'easiness' of the two early goals was down to Celtic's overall superiority. Given our previous recent heavy defeats at Celtic Park, coming away with only a -2 adjustment to our goal difference is almost a plus. Goals for Christie and Lopez even if Celtic had switched off is still morale boosting for those two players...whether the result would have been much different if they had played the whole game is a moot point. I'd be interested in how, those who were there, rated the contribution of Vigurs and Mutombu, my instinct are that these are useful additions that strengthen the side (even if Vigurs recruitment is controversial for some).

Given that Dundee Utd our rivals for third place for much of last season were smashed at Hamilton, it sort of puts our result in some perspective.

I've booked to come up for the Hearts game away in December, with my daughter....that's starting to look a tough game already!

• Agree 3

Firstly I have not made any such comment or suggestion demonT - probably said more of what you do !! You evidently don't go to many away games as Parkhead is undoubtedly the worst fer many ICT fans - look at the numbers yesterday. And perhaps to simplify what I was actually alluding to I would have been furious if I had decided to go and see that starting X1 and the bench. Yogi has tried to shut up shop before at Parkhead and it resulted in similar, albeit worse. There is no way either that Christie or Lopez were carrying knocks. For Mary Hill to depart during a game says it all to me. To me you always play yer best team. And that to me is acceptable criticism.

And my Ferrari is heavy on petrol but train or car is usually a £60 cost - the heavy £26 for sitting in a distant corner of Parkdread - and of course pre and post match libations and eateries.

£125 wouldn't cover your bar tab.

• Agree 1

Its little consolation given how easily out classed we were yesterday, but we never stopped chasing lost causes, its a good habit and brought us two goals we probably deserved for that effort. This looks like we are going to have a hard season where the players are going to dig deep and given the attitude of the players during the Celtic game the positive mentality is there and if it continues that's going to be an advantage. :smile:

• Agree 3

Just seen the highlights and struck by how poor our defending was for their goals.  On the plus side, it was a nicely taken goal from Lopez having initially won the ball and then got into position to get the ball back in the danger area.  Hopefully that will give him a bit of confidence and he can start knocking them in in front of the home fans.

What strikes me though is that whilst we have done well prior to the Celtic game to concede so few goals without Warren and Meekings, we are decidedly vulnerable at the back and are inevitably going to ship a few goals.  Unless we play with a more positive attacking intent then we are going to lose a lot of games.  If Saturday showed us anything, it was that we do have players who can score, given the opportunity.  Forget about clean sheets, lets just focus on scoring more goals than our opponents do.

• Agree 2

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic