Injury Updates

Have the club released any information regarding the following players injuries that I have missed? It would be good to know when we can expect them to return.

Brill - Knee Ligaments (6 months?)

Warren - Broken Fibula (3 months?)

Roberts - Groin (?)

Meekings - ? (?)

Doran - ? (?)

Foran - ? (?)

Vincent - ? (?)

Also, not worth starting another thread for, but was an official team photo produced this year?

Also, not worth starting another thread for, but was an official team photo produced this year?

I'm led to believe the pic was taken at Raigmore.

I think they are waiting until they sign anew striker:wink:

• Agree 1

Early bird ST purchasers were promised they'd be in a mass photo with players. I never heard any more about that.

What injuries do Meekings, Foran, Doran and Vincent have? 

I suppose I might have to post these questions on the Ask the Club forum.

Early bird ST purchasers were promised they'd be in a mass photo with players. I never heard any more about that.

Photo is still on the agenda. I would imagine they are waiting for the strips to be released. 

Photo is still on the agenda. I would imagine they are waiting for the strips to be released. 

Photo details on official ICT website. Highland News reporting this week that one of our players is out for season. Could be Doran

That's a big blow for both club and player. Obviously injuries are part-and-parcel of football, but blimey, we're jinxed at the moment, it seems!
Here's the P&J report:

Caley Thistle’s injury worries have worsened with the news midfielder Aaron Doran will miss the rest of the season with a knee injury. Doran picked up the injury in a pre-season match against Forres Mechanics but returned to play both legs of Inverness’ Europa League second qualifying-round defeat by Romanian side Astra.

The Irishman has not featured since, however, and, after undergoing an operation, Doran, who is out of contract next summer, has discovered he could be sidelined for the best part of a year.
Caley Jags manager John Hughes said: “We thought our situation could not get any worse, then we discover Aaron is out for the season. He has had an operation on his knee. We thought it was innocuous and he was just going for it to be looked at but he’s been told he needs a lot of work done to it. We are talking a good six to nine months."

I thought the same Rig when I heard. Hope we are both wrong and also that aaron lays off the pies when he's immobilised for such a time   His contract will be out prob by time he's fit and Hughes doesn't seem to play him. 

Edited by jagster

Yes, same thoughts from me also.  I think it will be very difficult for Doran to fight his way back into a Hughes side after a long lay off.

Changing the subject, I assume all our players are insured.  Anyone know how it works?  Is only a percentage of player's wages covered?  When does it kick in?  Is there a time or money limit?  The insurer must need ongoing proof that a player is genuinely injured as otherwise I could see this area being open to abuse.  Just interested as I have no idea how this works.

Yes, same thoughts from me also.  I think it will be very difficult for Doran to fight his way back into a Hughes side after a long lay off.

Changing the subject, I assume all our players are insured.  Anyone know how it works?  Is only a percentage of player's wages covered?  When does it kick in?  Is there a time or money limit?  The insurer must need ongoing proof that a player is genuinely injured as otherwise I could see this area being open to abuse.  Just interested as I have no idea how this works.

regretfully I think you are referring to when a player has a career ending injury he is insured through the PFA.

i doubt ICTFC can afford to insure against wages so reality is we will be paying his wages whilst he is injured as footballers contracts are not like normal employment contracts that you and I sign  up for! 

Really gutted to learn of Doran's injury.  He's been one of the most creative players we have had in the club in the last few years and has scored a decent number of goals.  He is also very good at pulling defenders out of position and creating space for team mates.  It is all very well looking for a striker but you need to have players who can create the chances for the strikers in the first place.  He is going to be a huge miss for us.

• Agree 1

Meekings should be back in contention for Hearts. He'll be back in full training next week. Not all bad news !  

Good news at last, i think with Draper in midfield and an experienced CB along side Devine our defence should become pretty solid we've really missed Meekings

An important issue here is that with all the injuries we have and the importance of getting players back, we don't ask too much of them too soon and that they don't ask too much of themselves too soon. 

Anyone know about Roberts and Vincent?  I thought they were meant to be out with relatively minor problems.  Getting Meekings, Tremarco, Vincent and Roberts fully fit should help give a lot more solidity to the team.