A Bridge and a Castle

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, IBM said:

In the days before the Glen Bar, and I thought it was an old building.

So did I! But it certainly seems not to be in that photo which appears to have been taken between 1939 and the early 60s. My main reasoning here is that the Temporary Bridge, which was built in 1939, is there along with the suspension bridge and both were replaced by the current bridge in about 1961. In addition River House, which is beside the Glenalbyn, is not there and it also went up in the early 60s. I don't quite know what to make of the number of cars which might give and indication of when during that period the pic was taken. In general there don't seem to be too many around but on the other hand the Castle Street Car Park is pretty full. However although I can't make out individual vehicles (maybe IBM can!) there is the impression that some may be lighter coloured which I tend to associate more with the post-war period.

But the absence of the Glenalbyn is still puzzling me!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice one Cyril!

IHE's found a stag, found a stag, a stag.

If he submits this picture to the Competition Committee, he's got it in the bag.

From the background fading to the brilliant definition

He niftily moves his position, then escapes from tradition and avoids perdition.

I wish I had his vision  and ease of view. And I'll bet so do you

Phew!:lol::clapoverhead:

• 2 months later...