Inverness CT -V- Hamilton

Scotty

Early doors it all looked so promising, we created plenty but woeful finishing let us down. Once they scored we lost the focus, created bits here and there but generally poor from back to front.

Things can only get better as the treatment room slowly empties. Absolutely fantastic season last time but back to the harsh realities, sure we will survive but it's not going to be pretty a long the way.

Onwards and gladly upwards

make that very slowly, doran out for 9 months with busted knee cap

I'm not any happier than most of us on here at the moment, but I am an extremely rare critic.

The best suggestion I have is that we all just put our tin hats on, get behind our team and just ride the storm out until things improve.

Thankfully I missed the game yesterday, but those I have spoken to said on another day this would have been a game that we would have won.

Onwards and upwards!

Admire yer optimism Ronnie, however the reality is that we don't have the squad or the quality at the moment to get out of this fix, The thoroughbreds are off and the donkeys are home.

Too many of the team are not good enough for the SPFL i'm afraid, cant think why Yogi has not gone done the 'loan' route, other teams have done well using this method.

Question: Why can a team who finished 9th last season can spend money to completely refresh their team and win games. While a team that finished 3rd. Qualified for the Europa Leauge. Won the Scottish Cup. Can only afford to sign nobodies from the lower leagues? I don't see the point in selling players anymore. We do absolutely nothing with the funds. We would have been better pumping all our winnings into offering much improved contracts for players like Shinnie and Watkins.

Are you being serious. Uncle Roy has bankrolled County again so that is how they have the money and if you think offering Shinnie and Watkins more money would have kept them here, you are deluding yourself. Simple fact is unless attendances pick up, club will run at a loss and any windfalls have to be used to keep club on an even keel. It's either that or someone takes over the club and pumps money in. It is quite frightening that some fans do not grasp the basic economics of the clubs finances.

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

Question: Why can a team who finished 9th last season can spend money to completely refresh their team and win games. While a team that finished 3rd. Qualified for the Europa Leauge. Won the Scottish Cup. Can only afford to sign nobodies from the lower leagues? I don't see the point in selling players anymore. We do absolutely nothing with the funds. We would have been better pumping all our winnings into offering much improved contracts for players like Shinnie and Watkins.

Are you being serious. Uncle Roy has bankrolled County again so that is how they have the money and if you think offering Shinnie and Watkins more money would have kept them here, you are deluding yourself. Simple fact is unless attendances pick up, club will run at a loss and any windfalls have to be used to keep club on an even keel. It's either that or someone takes over the club and pumps money in. It is quite frightening that some fans do not grasp the basic economics of the clubs finances.

best post on here this season so far! Spot on imho. 

But surely the club should be spending the money they never got from the sale of the players that they never sold no???

Or how about spending the absolute fortune they must have gained from winning the cup last year? Enough of this baloney about having to balance the books!

And whilst I'm on the subject I think you will find that we managed to travel to Europe on magic moonbeams so we never spent any money there neither!

In all seriousness the above post was the point I was trying to make last night but in my angst was unable to put it across as well as this. Well played sir.

We are all hurting about the situation at the moment but the way to get through it is to be realistic with our hopes and dreams for our club. Now is not the time for blame and finger pointing.

• Agree 2

As usual some very varying posts on yesterdays game. My view as far as yesterday went was that until Hamilton scored, the result of a poor pass from Vigurs, we were playing as well as I have seen us at home this season. We were creating chances but not taking them and Lopez and Mutumbo were looking okay. After the goal however, we started to fall into the trap of keeping possession and hoping something would happen rather than  trying to create thing and Hamilton sussed us out and bullied us out of the game, not always legally. For those who say stop going on about injuries, bollocks, that is having a huge impact on the team from defence through to attack. Drazper is doing his best but does get caught out and we are missing the leadership Warren would give us. That was a disappointing.aspect yesterday, there was little or n o leadership yesterday. Raven as captain does not seem to be the one to drive on his team mates and we do need someone like Foran to drive us on when things go against us.

As for the team yesterday, my thoughts on them were

Fon Williams - okay but should have done better at the second goal (which looked very much offside to me and those sitting around me)

Raven - okay and often got forward but did not receive the ball

Draper - okay considering the circumstances but takes too many risks trying to play football at times

Devine - poor game, passing poor and again takes too many risks. needs to learn to play the simple ball

Williams - good game again. Our most consistent performer this season

Tansey - poor by his standards but wonder if carrying an injury as he did go off injured and didn't see anything that would have caused this.

Polworth - poor game, way to slow, sat too deep, passing average and should have been substituted

Vigurs - probably as above and his poor pass contributed to the first goal. Offered little going forward

Christie - good in parts b ut needs to learn to pass the ball rather than try to beat everyone

Lopez - Good 20 minutes when he got some decent service but faded out of the game as service got worse.

Mutumbo - Good early on and always looked like he had the beating of Hamilton's central defenders for pace. Unfortunately, he does not have the upper body strength to hold off defenders and Hamilton soon sussed this

Subs - though Tremarco played well when he came on and his booking was very very soft. Wedderburn did okay as well but Horner to me looks lost in midfield.

As for Hamilton, I thought they were pretty disgraceful today. They went down at every opportunity, tried to get our players booked and started time wasting as soon as the second half started. Lots of nudges and fouls that the referee missed somehow that disrupted play throughout the game.

As for the referee, he was quite simply dreadful. He was inconsistent in his decisions, was conned by Hamilton players and simply seemed frightened to stand up and make a decision. How Nade styed on the park, and did not even get a booking for lifting his hands at the end was a mystery. I was sitting next to a German tourist at the game and he could not believe how poor the refereeing was. He also summed up the game that we were the better team but we need someone to score goals. Interestingly, while he was on holiday in the area, the reason he came to the game was he knew we had won the Scottish Cup..

All in all, a game we could/should have won yesterday as we had enough chances to do so before Hamilton scored. Need to get some leadership on the park however and some of the injured players back soon

• Agree 1

Another really horrible game from an ICT perspective. Team looks bereft of confidence already and short on ideas on how to break teams down. If we had a striker like Mckay or even Ofere we could easily have had 3 goals but we don't and yet again we passed up some guilt edged chances to score. Lopez missed about three clear chances to score including one which looked to only be a few yards out and McGovern might even have saved it with his face. Despite these this our play overall was very poor. Lots of miss-hit passes in midfield (Polworth especially was guilty of this) and defensively we never looked comfortable.

A mistake in midfield allowed Accies to break and after some slick passing Morris slipped past Draper and finished coolly under Fon Williams. At the time I thought Morris hosed Draper with a fantastic couple of touches. Turns out Draper barely look interested in making anything resembling a challenge and Morris simply ghosted past him. Still a good finish though.

Accies seemed pretty defensive on the whole and were content to sit in and challenge us to break them down especially after going a goal up. As pretty much any ICT fan will tell you breaking through a well structured and disciplined team defending in numbers is something we simply cannot do and thereafter we really struggled. I can't really think of many clear cut chances we had in the second half.Lopez had a nice curling effort that was never troubling McGovern but I think that was as close as we came.

Hamilton rounded things off with a great counter attacking goal. Tremarco took a throw in well inside the Hamilton half. A couple of seconds later and Crawford was leading a counter attack for Hamilton. Two passes later and Longridge was in the box rounding Fon Williams (who looked like he went down far too early) and sealing the win for Accies. It certainly wasn't smash and grab by any stretch of the imagination but a well organised disciplined performance from Accies who knew exactly who to negate us and it worked very well.

Minor highlight was seeing Nade and Wedderburn battle each other for the ball and seeing Nade bounce off Wedderburn :lol: Other than that it was shite. Lots of concerns for ICT. Aside from the obvious poor form in front of goal and pretty much everywhere on the pitch now Tansey and Lopez are apparently on the injured list (Tansey came off in the second half due to a knock). Some strange tactics from Hughes as well. Playing Tansey as a right midfielder was bizarre as was subbing Lopez for Horner when Ferguson was on the bench. Surely when chasing a game you'd want to be playing a striker of sorts up there? Maybe he's still coming back to full fitness but we ended up with no striker on the pitch and a bunch of midfielders who seemed to get in each others way half the time.

Away from the game full marks for the Hamilton fan who was collapsed outside the Innes spewing on himself. Some boi.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 2

Is Motumbo the lad with the black curly hair and the  higher work rate but tries to beat far  too many players in the opposing team's penalty area close to goal and seems too keen to hog the ball instead of trying to get crosses over into the box etc? Maybe that's because there are too  few ICT  players  in the box to see whom to pass or they are all bunched together and surrounded by the opposing team's players? Whatever, the highlights seem to show  a home team who are at least trying but just not enough flair or outright skill to even get close to scoring. Balls past the post or over the bar type of thing.

Christie must have been very closely marked  because he seems to have disappeared?

I've only the highlights to go by in general terms for our matches but if we don't, or can't, get players with verve and skill right deep into the box how are we going to get a real chance at scoring. The Whitecaps scored a winning goal yesterday (they are top of the Western Conference  in the  NASL) with a brilliant back heeler right close to the goalie in a packed penalty area from a hard grounded cross into the box from a hard-working winger.

And Scotty's team, scored 5 at home yesterday I think. The NASL is really looking up, more very skilled and hard working South American players and the pace level has risen dramatically. What with the huge crows constantly making a bedlam of noise it's all very exciting.

Well, if anybody had any lingering ambitions of us being top 6 this season, our home performances this season have indicated that we're in a relegation dogfight. First 15 min were OK, but we never got a hold of Morris and Crawford and we're are completely at a loss up front. Lopez actually had his best game on Sat, but he's still a long way short of what we need and he missed a sitter at a crucial time. I actually didn't realise that Tansey was playing until he was substituted and Draper had a shocker for the first goal. Christie took a battering and deserved better protection. Only pass marks were for Williams; Tremarco also payed well when he came on and Wedderburn also did OK, but has no pace. The only glimmer of hope is that Meekings comes back in and Draper can resume in the holdong role in midfield. Oh dear.

If only games lasted for 15 minutes - exception being Parkhead. If only strikers were not allowed. If only every team had half its squad in the treatment room. If only we had a sugar daddy. If only the standard of officials was better. If only more people came to TCS and ignored what was on the menu. If only more people from Germany came to Sneck on holiday. If only every other team rarely signed new players and if they did they were mince. If only we could play Kilmarnock. If only we looked the better team despite every player being described as being poor or out of form. If only extra points were awarded for failing to hit the target over a period of 90 minutes. If only we had fans who would collapse before a game. :blush:

IF.jpg

Christie had the crap kicked out of him by Mackinnon who seems to masquerade as a footballer but is nothing more than a hatchet man. 

I'm glad someone else noticed this, the guy is a shocking footballer.  The best part is that he seems to think he's some sort of world class midfielder with the attitude of a Roy Keane.  He's just a thug in a football shirt.

Thought i would make a comment about the referee as well. That is the worst referee performance i have seen in a long time. Most of his terrible decisions were giving Hamilton free kicks that should of been ours or just not giving free kicks at all. Terrible.

Hamilton were a dirty dirty team. That McKinnon is a dirty wee fecker. Nade as well should of got punishment for kicking out.

Hamilton were a dirty dirty team. That McKinnon is a dirty wee fecker. Nade as well should of got punishment for kicking out.

Almost every team in the SPL is dirty. I actually thought Motherwell were worse than Hamilton. The leniency of the referee was the problem on Saturday. Teams are normally only as dirty as they're allowed to be. A couple of yellows for wreckless challenges / hoofing the ball away early doors would have nipped it in the bud. PS If you think Hamilton are bad, just wait till we play Hearts.

As for McKinnon, I think he tends to stick out more because... how can I put this... the boy has a face that you don't tend to forget. He looks like he's just wandered off the set of 'the scheme'. One thing I noticed about him last season, he literally looks on the verge of tears for most of the match. His whole game seems to be based on sledging the other team and gurning to the referee. You can picture him banging his head off the dressing room door before the game trying to psyche himself up. Maybe that's why he looks the way he does.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

MacKinnon was the same the last time we played Hamilton at home.  Screaming at the referee for everything, kicking everything that moves and it should come as no surprise to anyone that he was in prison a few years back for assault.  The guy's a ned pure and simple.

While the Alex Neil era now seems to have eclipsed everything that went before, I'm sure many on here remember the Accies side the last time they were in the top flight.  Much of their attitude is very reminiscent of those days.  While the slinky football might be a product of Alex Neil, the dirtiness, the play-acting and the petulance seems to be a product still instilled in them from the Billy Reid days.

Edited by Renegade

Gone are the days when our slow build up and passing style took teams by surprise, now the opps are waiting for the short pass and go in hard. causing fouls and injuries.

With more of a direct passing game defences fall back to cover, now they press the passer and receiver  knowing that the ball into the  forward channels is unlikely.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • Scotty unfeatured this topic