2015/16 Home & Away Kit - Available to Order Now

CaleyD

Just out of interest, what is it that's 'historic' about this new kit?  First one with Carbrini?

[sigh] if only they were available without sponsor on the front :sad:

Agree with this.  I think the new away kit is one of the smartest we've had, but I don't fancy going to games (wearing it as casual wear is a no no!) with SUBWAY written across me.  If it was a local independent business or something similar (Inverness Medical for example) or a charity, then I'd be more open to it, but I don't think a company like Subway need any extra advertising from me.  It's the same with the training/casual stuff out recently.  Nice from the front, but it doesn't need the suppliers name plastered on the back of it.

Edited by Renegade

While the deal itself may have been negotiated with a owner of a few local branches, Subway is still the name of a massive corporation donning the kits.  The same goes for Carbrini.  Neither of these need any extra advertising from me.  As I said, if it was the name of a small local independent firm or a charity or something, then that's a different matter, but it isn't.  It's the club's right to choose them as sponsors and suppliers, it's their right to put their name on the kits, it's my choice not to give them any free advertising.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Confirmation that the new kit is available from JD Sports Inverness Store from tomorrow.

Kenny Cameron (Chairman) has asked that I pass on his apologies that, due to circumstances beyond the clubs control, the on-sale date has been delayed until now and to say that he has had assurances from the highest level that there will be no repetition of this going forward.

Edited by CaleyD

Please let it be known that I don't have an issue with anyone wanting the put money into our club, be it shirt sponsors or whatever. My issue with wearing a shirt with a company name on it that I wouldn't recommend to anyone. I've used SubWay outlets on just three occasions and they were all rubbish. [All different locations by the way] I have a 'three strikes and you're out policy'. I'd be exactly the same if it was MuckDonals too (as would 1000's of others I hope). We've had good shirt sponsors over the years including City Link, ScotRail and One Touch. I know a couple of railway enthusiasts who actually bought an ICT top just for the ScotRail logo!!!  I'm not in to this game of paying to advertise rubbish to be honest.

Edited by Gringo
  • Agree 2

If there's anyone out there willing to make the financial contribution that a shirt sponsor does in order to leave the front of it blank, then I'm sure the club would be delighted to hear from them.

That's not a go at those who don't like the current sponsor (or the idea of having a sponsor on there at all).  They are entitled to their opinion and to exercise their right to spend their cash (or not) as they see fit....and I personally wouldn't necessarily disagree.

Out of interest, and this might make for an interesting poll, would more people pay an extra £15* for a shirt that didn't have any commercial sponsors on them?

*number plucked from thin air and just a guestimate of the kinda figure I think would offset the lost income from shirt advertising.

Haha it's a sandwich company for god's sake - not a gambling site or payday lender which are arguably more morally questionable sponsors. If they want to put money into our club then I'm quite happy to give them something back. It's not free advertising if they're paying the club to put their logo there.

I have to chuckle at the furore the shirt sponsor is creating. We don't have the luxury of large gate income, so I presume Subway like Cabrini were the ones who offered the most lucrative deals available.

When I put my ICT top on its to publicise I support ICT not the sponsors whose logo adorns our kit

I personally couldn't give a jot, who our sponsors are, and welcome anyone who invests in our club.

• Agree 3

Totally agree with the last couple of comments about the sponsor. Yeah the logo looks a bit 'naff' but we can't just have it removed from the tops to make them look a bit better for some of the fans. Subway pay us to broadcast their logo as much as possible and that will extend to people wearing the shirts up and down the country at games and on the way to them. We're essentially walking sandwich boards for a sandwich shop in this case. 

I would however be keen to know if ST holders get a discount on the top? Given these aren't sold in the club shop were a discount would normally apply (I think) will the fact that the items are being sold off site affect the ST discount?

I would however be keen to know if ST holders get a discount on the top? Given these aren't sold in the club shop were a discount would normally apply (I think) will the fact that the items are being sold off site affect the ST discount?

ST Holders get a 10% discount on most merchandise within the club shop (as per the info in the ST books)...nothing has changed in that regard.

JD Sport are not offering any discount to ICTFC ST holders.

Worth noting that the shirt is cheaper than it has been in previous seasons...so swings and roundabouts.

I have to chuckle at the furore the shirt sponsor is creating. We don't have the luxury of large gate income, so I presume Subway like Cabrini were the ones who offered the most lucrative deals available.

When I put my ICT top on its to publicise I support ICT not the sponsors whose logo adorns our kit

I personally couldn't give a jot, who our sponsors are, and welcome anyone who invests in our club.

Just pick it off and put your own one on... 

• Agree 1

Am i right that jd are sole suppliers of our strips.

Was in tryin to get wee man new home strip on saturday for his birthday but they had sold out of his size which is fair do's but the worrying thing was the lad behind the till hadn't a clue when/if they would be replenished any one in here also waiting could shed some light please?

Now there's an interesting legal conundrum. Someone purchases an item of branded kit which includes a club's badge, the design of which is presumably the property of that club, but replaces with something else the logo of a sponsor which is also on that kit as a result of a legal agreement between club and sponsor. What does the law say?

The buyer, having paid for the item, can do what they want with it?

Or the buyer still has no right to corrupt a legally copyrighted design?

By the way, observing from the sidelines, with a total of over 150 posts across the two threads, this issue seems to be creating an incredible amount of angst!!!

Now there's an interesting legal conundrum. Someone purchases an item of branded kit which includes a club's badge, the design of which is presumably the property of that club, but replaces with something else the logo of a sponsor which is also on that kit as a result of a legal agreement between club and sponsor. What does the law say?

The buyer, having paid for the item, can do what they want with it?

Or the buyer still has no right to corrupt a legally copyrighted design?

By the way, observing from the sidelines, with a total of over 150 posts across the two threads, this issue seems to be creating an incredible amount of angst!!!

Well I'd probably just put my nickname or something if I done it. Haha! 

Very unlikely they could do anything anyway. Just tell them that the print came off in the wash and they should be thankful you never went for a refund. 

I personally think Subway looks tacky.

Cairngorm Brewery would look nice. One for the future. 

I still might buy the shirt. 

• 3 weeks later...

How do the sizes fit in comparison to last season's strip? 

I'd ideally like to order online, but was swithering on heading through at the weekend since I'm visiting folk in Elgin. 

How do the sizes fit in comparison to last season's strip? 

I'd ideally like to order online, but was swithering on heading through at the weekend since I'm visiting folk in Elgin. 

Just try any carbrini top on in the local shop to work out what size to get.