We’re still a small club

Alex MacLeod

Agree. Spot On. 

While our start to the season sucks and is a real downer from the end of last season (still smiling :)  ) there is still a lot of football to be played. I don't feel we can really criticise Hughes too much at this stage and he deserves a bit of leeway in my mind anyway now. Outside of Celtic and maybe Aberdeen no other squad in the SPL could cope with the amount of injuries we have and done any better.

If once we have some players available again we are still not scoring goals and the defence still looks shaky when we have more than 2 defenders on the park then I'll begin to worry and question but for now there is supporting to be done to help the team through it. Happy Clapper? maybe but who cares. We are a wee club and I am always proud of how well we have done considering that fact. Supporting the underdog is more fun anyway. 

• Agree 4

• 1 month later...

While using my computer machine earlier, I see the writer of the article in the original post has given an interview with Ladbrokes about ICT - http://ow.ly/TIAeO  .  As well as being a particularly handsome chap, he's bang on about County fans and the imperfections of Scottish football as well as being quite taken with Bobby Mann (who wouldn't be of course!).

• Agree 2

I may be too pessimistic but I don't expect anything from the team this season, I just hope we can stay up. We have lost or sold our best players, we may lose Christie  and Storey in January, I honestly don't understand having a player on loan for only six months, though I understand the desperation when these players are strikers, every goal is priceless. We have a stack of players with what appear to be long term injuries who will need 3/4 games just to get match fit and its extremely difficult for JH to find a settled side and some rhythm when he has to chop and change constantly. We were very fortunate last season re injuries but its possible that playing so many games with the same 12/13 players has taken its toll on some of them.

I yearn for the days when almost every top team had their regular top players and you could enjoy watching them for a number of seasons, now it seems every team is scrambling in the basement bin trying to replace those who have left for one reason or another. I also disagree with the handsome chap in the article Scottish football is rubbish but if clubs keep selling their best players there is no chance of building a side to consistently play decent football, Dundee Utd being a case in point.Even Celtic with all their resources are toiling to live with the standard in the Europa cup and yet they are beating the rest at a canter, when non league players from the south can get a regular starting slot in a Scottish premier team and become a star that says it all about the standard.(I'm not knocking the non league guys, i used to play with some of the boys in what was called the Gola league many years ago but most would never have got near a Scottish 1st div (Premier) side) At the current rate of decline I can foresee many clubs becoming part time unless there are changes.

Frankly, I hope Dundee Utd get relegated, its what their chairman deserves after treating their fans with utter contempt midway through a season, absolutely disgraceful. Those players are now warming the Celtic bench. End of rant.

• Agree 2