Famous Figures in Sneck ?

2.1/2 men had been one of my favorite, very slick shows until Charlie went on the fritz, had a real barney on U.S TV when he let loose his tirade against his recently- deserted former employers (something about their owing him a couple of million dollars.) Since he was earning over $1,000,000 per half-hour episode  ("earning" means "getting") at 7p.m every evening, which he had been doing for the previous many years,  you can imagine  how very important that sum was to him..i.e. NOT. So there was something else going on in the background and I think that his habit had begun to get to him and the bosses could see the writing on the wall.

His timing was always perfect and he never messed up his lines so he was, at least in that sense, a real smoothie who was also a consummate professional and he definitely held that show together. His co-star, Allan, was just as accomplished as Charlie but never received appropriate recognition as the foil to the superstar until many years of playing the loser-type of 2nd fiddle had passed;  but he did eventually receive an Emmy on stage (or something like that) for his brilliance in a role that , INMHO, was much more difficult to get down pat than that of a spoilt, self-centred, moneyed,insecure, charmer like Charlie. In fact Charlie is on record as having subsequently complemented Alan  in public by saying that in his opinion Alan was "brilliant". With that sentiment I fully agree.

After that he has gone downhill fast and where he will eventually end up is anyone's business.....maybe as a foil to Nessie?:smile:

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

What a great photo but where ?

image.jpg

Makes you wonder how these guys could make a living out of that. Onions are pretty cheap and presumably also were back then so, with the cost of getting eux-memes, leurs bicyclettes et leurs oignons ici and living ici, there can't have been all that much profit!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I remember Andre the onion man all right. Good at smiling a lot--bridged the communication gap and loosened up the change in me pocket that ma handed me for some really nice onions. Regular as clockwork, every year, he was.

And, yes, it was the "fifties" rite enuff.  For me , about aged  16 or 17,  in 1954 or 1955.

Brings a tear back to my eyes, so it does.....just like the onions did  so long ago.

Did Andre ever get  up the Leachkin to your place IHE?

On 12/22/2015 at 8:33 PM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

image.jpg

Apparently...John Lennon spent many many years, searching for a home up North. I think his aunt lived up that way and he spent many happy summers as a kid there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...