ff
AUDIO

TEXT
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
11-09-2015_2-21-22_PM.thumb.png.72bb2ea5
Tweets by @ICTFC

Edited by Scotty

Interesting that Vigurs drops to the bench, I immediately thought mmmm defencive tonight , then I looked again and seeing the names. Devine Tansey, Williams, Christie, Storey. I have changed my mind, there is a lot of flair there. Obviously I don't know Storey's real capabilities but from what I have read he fits the role and we could be in for a classic!....I hope so anyway.......good luck ICT.

34 minutes and great cross into the danger area by Williams but nobody looking to get on to it. Still no touches in their penalty box. And what has happened to Greg Tansey ?

That was terrible - the only player that got pass marks was Draper. When we get the ball it appears that the first touch and pass is sideways or backwards. The boy Storey has pace and energy but we need to be playing balls over the top quickly and Williams is the only one supporting him. Christie is far too deep to be effective. Tansey and Vincent are missing in action. Thankfully Hearts are ineffective in the last third. The BBC sport says that we had a shot on target but that was by Tansey - a scuff with a deflection - which trickled into the keepers hand and was going wide anyway.

Well we needed that - brilliant run by Christie, poor defending but fine finish by Vincent. All passes went forward this half. pLEASE do not defend.

On the hour and this is more like it - more urgency, more width, more forward thinking BUT this is where we need to kill off games. Can we ?

Well Draper should have :cry:

Time fer a change on 70 ?

75 and a change is a necessity even if it is to break the game up as they are taking control 

Jhesus looking forward to seeing Jho Silva at Ibrox. He puts a header miles wide and crosses himself in front of goal :hiding:

Squeaky bum time :amazed:

Yaaaaaasssssssssssss!!!

Order restored!

On Silva... yeah don't like it but he has been punched in the face so he has every right to make the referee aware of it.  Better that than getting involved and sent off.. 

Storey, might just be what we are looking for

Get in.. great start to the weekend!!

• Agree 2

Well Fonz Willie had little to do - the back four were solid enuff - Josh got ground MOM but that was a sympathy vote as he had a dreadful first 45. Draper had a great first half but went defensive. Tansey had some great touches in the second but was very disappointing. Williams and Christie worked their socks off but looked lightweight. Vincent scored but did not offer much. Storey is green but he is ver fit already, very mobile and pacy. I wondered if he had a finish in him but he showed that with the goal. If he keeps confident then away from home he could be VERY dangerous. Not so shure about Hi Ho Silver but he will never be a Lone Ranger. Vigurs to me was class and should be starting - give Tansey a rest.

Great to get the first win of the season. Thought we probably just about shaded it over the piece, certainly lacking in confidence in the first half but the goal seemed to galvanise the team.  Thought Hearts were pretty cynical, lots of little fouls to break up the game and the two dives in the first half were shocking.

Think Storey could be the player that we're after. Didn't get any service in the first have but there was plenty of pace and movement. Thoroughly enjoyed him taking Paterson to the cleaners. Draper must never play at the back again, he was immense and Tansey was all the better for it.

Sending off was stupid from Hearts point of view. Second replay from a different angle showed a the worst punch in history from the Hearts boy. You can criticise Sho-Silva's reaction but he was making sure the officials saw it. Just seen another replay, the Hearts keeper saw what his player did and gave him grief for it.

Good 3 points. That's the season underway.

Edited by Hiro

Meekings MOM at the ground - Tansey MOM on BT Sport - WTF. And Hairy Chibber was that a feckin punch ? :crazy:

Doesn't look much on the first replay but there is a good shot of it from behind the goal... clenched fist so it's a punch.  

Tansey was excellent tonight I thought... get yer specs on oldyin!  

Fantastic result....second half sounded better than first, first match back for Vincent and he gets a goal....thats 2 in 2 now! 

And welcome to Miles Storey...always good to score on your debut

Meekings back, and apparently Hearts had not one shot on target?

Vigurs influential?

Certainly a good way to start the weekend!

• Agree 1

Only saw the last 20 mins so can't comment on the whole game. 

First thought was that Sho-Silva went down over next to nothing, but the shot from across the goal shows that it was a flick followed by a punch. Not the worlds hardest punch, but he made sure the officials were aware. I don't think either of them has a chance of an alternative career in boxing!

Thought Storey took his goal well - hopefully that's us up and now. 

And Chris Sutton is still a complete kn0b. Why do people get him to comment on Scottish football. 

Only saw the last 20 mins so can't comment on the whole game. 

First thought was that Sho-Silva went down over next to nothing, but the shot from across the goal shows that it was a flick followed by a punch. Not the worlds hardest punch, but he made sure the officials were aware. I don't think either of them has a chance of an alternative career in boxing!

Thought Storey took his goal well - hopefully that's us up and now. 

And Chris Sutton is still a complete kn0b. Why do people get him to comment on Scottish football. 

Because he once played for Celtic.....

• Agree 1

Great result after a dire first half. Liked Storey, he looked quite quick and took his goal well.  Maybe he'll be the finisher we've been missing.  What great work by Christie for Vincent's goal too.   Pleased for Tansey that he re established himself  and got MOM after a couple of below par performances.

Only downside for me was our other new boy, Tobi Sho-Silva getting the Hearts player sent off.   Many of us still remember how we felt when scum bag Neil  Lennon did something similar to Juanjo many years ago. So, for me, Tobi can feck off back to Charlton if he thinks that is acceptable.

Apart from that a great win which should do our confidence no end of good.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 3

The Hearts player got himself sent off. Over reaction by our player - yes, but if you push a clenched fist into someone's face then you are running the risk of a red card. 

Looking at the team they put out, I think Hearts under estimated us tonight. They looked at the table and rested some players with one eye on their upcoming games with Aberdeen & Celtic. 

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic