AUDIO

TEXT
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
To Follow
Tweets by @ICTFC

• Agree 1

A game of two halves, as they say.

We started poorly, taking a very direct approach (ie long balls for Storey to chase) and not retaining possession. Utd could/should really have had it sewn up by half time, with Fon W making a great stop when Rankin was played in by Billy. They also wasted 3 free kicks from the edge of the box, and with Draper and Tremarco picking up early yellows, things weren't looking great. The Utd player with the crazy hair somehow escaped a yellow when he hauled dopwn Christie who had just made a **** of him with a great turn to break clear down the wing. Boo. We were also angered when Utd decided to contest a drop ball, when play was stopped for their injured player and we were in possession. Boo. Late on, Foran contested one in return, which they didn't like, but they started it.....

We came out much better in the 2nd half, equalising with our first real attempt on goal and the powerful header from Meekings didn't quite burst the net but it did burst Utd's fragile confidence, and they had little to offer from then on.  Shortly after, the game's champagne moment was when Christie picked out a beautiful pass that only a top, top player would have spotted and weighted it perfectly for Tremarco to run onto, forcing the keeper into a save.

Draper came very close to getting a second yellow, with the ref clearly indicating that next foul, he's off.

Foran came on for Christie and Storey moved out to the right, but Foran's lack of pace made him pretty ineffective as a lone striker. What does it say about Lopez, though, when the striker pecking order seems to be Storey, Silva then Foran all ahead of him?

Encouraging 2nd half and a decent point against a Utd team that without Billy Mckay would be a considerably weaker side. I look forward to the game when we play well for the full 90.

A point away last season at Dundee Utd would seem a good point, despite Utd being off-colour this season, coming back from a goal down and what sounds like an 'iffy' first half still sounds like a good point....we seem to have stabilised a bit with Meekings/Vincent/Tremarco back (although the next two fixtures look toughies!). Love to here views on Storey's performance yesterday. And will Mutumbo walk straight back into the side?

Was the 6 man sub bench purely down to a late ingury to Vigurs? I wondered who this bloke Richard Foran on the team sheet was briefly! I wonder if he can get enough match fitness  back to stick the winner past County (which could be the highlight of the season) :ictscarf:

Edited by Eagle4Caley

Love to here views on Storey's performance yesterday.

I was impressed by his pace, power and workrate. Never got any chances to score though.

He could be the missing piece of the jigsaw, but in the first half certainly it looked like we were trying a new jigsaw altogether, changing the way we play and overusing his attributes.

Thought it was a pretty poor game between two very poor teams. Dundee United had the better of the first half whilst we dominated the second. Another game where we have taken 45 minutes to really get going. Hughes needs to sort this out because we can't keep this level of performance up and hope to still be in games when the second half comes about. A number of players had an off day for us. Tansey was really poor and his passing was off. Devine looked pretty ropey in the first half but seemed to steady himself as the game went on, same with Tremarco. Up front there was very little to get excited about. Not much creativity and very slow to actually try and carve out an opening. We don't seem to be attacking with much, if any, pace at all and that killed a lot of our attacks yesterday with players turning back instead of trying to play a more incisive attacking ball or cross.

Not surprised at all to see that Billy Mckay scored for United. Didn't look like we covered ourselves in glory trying to clear the ball before it eventually fell to Mckay who scrambled it in. Bit of a muted celebration from him but he was hardly going to do some kind of Adebayor and run up to the ICT fans and wind them up.

We had a couple of nice attacking moves which never really amounted to anything. As mentioned already our more creative players like Tansey and Christie were very muted and our midfield was being over run by 'Sideshow Bob' (no idea what his name is but I thought he was decent). 

We finally got going in the second half and grabbed a deserved equaliser. Meekings arrived unmarked at the back post to batter in a header to bring Inverness level. After the goal Ryan Christie played a smashing ball through to Tremarco to run on to but his shot was poor and easily saved. That was probably our best chance to win it but it would have been pretty undeserved. 

Shout out to referee Kevin Clancy who turned in a shocking performance. Draper probably should have been sent off for committing about 86 fouls in the game and even pretty obvious bookings for the likes of Sideshow Bob when he hauled Christie down after he was beaten weren't punished by a yellow card.

If we start as slowly as we did yesterday in our next (league) game against Aberdeen we will be slaughtered.

EDIT: Thought it was a really good away crowd yesterday. Looked like a decent number of folk made the trip. Well done all!

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 1

I must admit I was surprised in Billy McKays reaction when he scored.

There's something I like seeing from players who don't celebrate against a former club, players who have enjoyed their time at a club and acknowledge what the club has done for them. Some players have respect and hold back from celebrating. Was anyone else surprised?

Maybe I'm too sentimental towards him, maybe he was releasing his frustrations from his time at Wigan, maybe trying to win over Dundee Utd fans.

I'm probably looking too much into this but I was disappointed in him.

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic