ff
AUDIO

TEXT
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
22-09-2015_2-38-45_PM.thumb.png.ac91b006
Tweets by @ICTFC

Edited by Scotty

Ok ... the West Lothian Courier stadium was a mouthful .... and the Energy Assets Arena (as displayed on the SPFL website) is almost as bad as that one in Dingwall .... but the TONY MACARONI ARENA ????????? it is almost as good a name as "Dick's Sporting Goods Park" in Colorado ! (Dick's Sporting Goods is basically a big box (B&Q size) chain but for sporting equipment)

Cue all the pasta jokes in tonight's thread ......

12 minutes: Miles Storey makes it 0-1 to ICT !

Very satisfying result.  (Does my prediction league forecast no harm either!)   All the stats look good.   Let's hope we can continue the good form on Saturday and get a win against the odds.    Nice result from Ibrox too, but a worrying one from Dingwall.  They seem to be in good form ahead of our clash in a couple of weeks.  But, nothing we can't cope with I'm sure.

Onwards and upwards!

Game was really a bit of a mismatch but the team seemed to think their job was done at 1-0 and dropped the tempo. Livi had a good spell until DD scored the second and that was it really.

Mutombo had some incredible skills packed into 10 mins and afraid Lopez was out his depth as usual. Storey looks a busy player and will get a few goals this season.

Good to see RedCard, Donview, RiG, Beastie, TopSix and the guys again. On to Saturday.....

644 Attendance !!  Looks like a reverse of what has gone before - we get in to a strong position and we ease up. Note that there is a wee side swipe at Lopez from Yogi. Let's just hope that we keep getting the luck of the draw in the QF,s - Morton away please.

I thought we were very poor last night. Luckily we got an early goal capitalising on a defensive error and after surviving some pretty sustained pressure from Livi got another one to give us a bit more of a cushion. Good to see Storey get on the score sheet again. He's obviously not the finished product but he shows real promise and he did well to seize on a slack back pass although he struggled to actually finish it off when he seemed to get the ball stuck beneath his beet on the line :lol:

Good header from Devine for the second which you could see coming a mile off. As soon as Tansey was lining up the free kick Devine was gesturing for the ball to be played to the back post where he was lurking unnoticed. Good free kick from Tansey to pick him out and it was a pretty easy header.

Between the goals Livi really dominated the game and should probably have equalised. Someone for ICT cleared a header off the line and Tremarco made a goal saving challenge to block a shot before Fon Williams pulled off a decent save to stop Gary Goal-en.

In the second half, as if we weren't already finding things a bit of a slog, we tried to score for Livi when Raven headed the ball onto the bar (or just over) from a free kick. One of the Livi defenders then had a great chance to score with a brilliant turn and volley which went just wide.

With Livi pressing we were able to create a wee bit more on the break and Tansey curled an effort just wide before Williams burst into the box and looked to be hacked down but Alan Muir gave nothing. Subs Mutumbo and Lopez then combined to set up another great chance to kill the game off but as usual Lopez Hibs'd it up before Mutumbo hit the post with another late effort.

Good to get the win but again we weren't very good however we took our chances when they came and although Livi might feel a wee bit hard done by that was the difference between the sides. We'll need to improve a lot before Saturday if we want to take anything from the game. Plus points were Storey again looked promising and Mutumbo showed that when he's not trying to murder people on the pitch he can actually be a decent creative player for us.

• Agree 3

Off topic I know but well done to St Johnstone last night for popping the Rangers balloon.

They clearly learned their lesson from last season when, just like ourselves before them, they treated the Ibrox club with too much and unwarranted respect.

Last night they treated them as the Championship team they are and got their just reward...

• Agree 3

Totally agree, Kingsmills. I watched it on TV last night as I was interested to see how this Rangers team (pushing for Europe if they were currently in the Premiership according to their manager) matched-up against a Saints team who've lost all 4 of their Premiership away games this season. It really was a completely merited win.

Warburton's been self-raising the merits of an altogether limited Ibrox outfit. This morning, he'll be thinking, "Dough!"
But I thought their defending was pretty crumby - and when the third goal went in, Rangers were toast.

Puns aside, I look forward to the draw on Monday (why Monday?!). We're 3 wins away from holding both cups simultaneously!

It's seems a little surreal, going back 15+ years, whilst watching us play in the lower divisions, that some day both us and Livingston in our short history would go on to win a major Scottish trophy, both finish third in the top flight and play in a European competition.

At the same time a wee girl in Drumnadrochit would be saying to herself, I want to help Dr Who save the Universe when I grow up.

Just goes to show anything is achievable if you really want it.

Edited by 12th Man

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic