R C Tickets

izzy

Noticed there was  a fair crowd over 6,000 at the Stadium today. Long may it continue. The Dons were  supposed to have been bringing 1500 so that puts a damper on the total figure of ICT supporters attending wouldn't it?

Fantastic progress now under way aided and abetted I hope by another big crowd soon.

:ictscarf:

Fairly sure north and south stands are 2500 capacity each. Main stand 2280. And west terracing around 400?

Thanks. Thought it was more than 2,200. It must be at least 2,500 as our record crowd is 7,753 against the former Glasgow Rangers and you are right about the Main Stand capacity.

• Agree 1

That's about $46 Canadian to buy that amount of pounds at current rates of exchange.

The Canadian dollar has been falling in value significantly in view of the backlash against oil from which much of the country's riches have flowed. That compares, I think, to a sum in the $20's to go and see a Whitecaps game. But since I don't go into the city any more I could be wrong. Scotty will tell us what he pays to go and support Toronto ....?

Desperate attempts by the oil moguls and our current Government to open up pipelines across the West to the sea and one going south deep into America is encountering stiff opposition from environmental groups and native groups with the latter claiming that the land will be defiled by anticipated spillages. We had one in Vancouver harbour (busiest port in Canada) a few months ago and the spill emergency responders, who were just not ready, never showed up for hours and hours. Fortunately the type of oil that spilled was not very thick and it was eventually contained and sucked up out of the water. But,. it just goes to show........

The main threat when the oil is being shipped out of North West British Columbia is not the land-spills but the defiling of the pristine waters and coasts of the of the smaller Northern ports. Over twenty years ago, when the Torrey Canyon oil transport ship experienced a major spill in the estuary,  the devastation to coastal beaches, shores and wildlife was catastrophic and even today they are still finding black tar in spots along the coastal regions. The clean-up ultimately has cost the owners of the ship billions of dollars so--who is paying for that ? The consumer of the by-products of oil of course. 

Talking about singing, I've just seen the prices for the Rod Stewart concert at the stadium for next June. Eye watering!
I've no intention of going, so it doesn't affect me, but does the club make any money out of this? Or does Rod pocket it all himself?! Even 10% of the ticket price receipts would be a windfall.
But even if he trousers the lot, it could still be an opportunity to cash-in on the hospitality / refreshments side. If say, the expected 20,000 fans spent a fiver each...

The tickets are £125 (limited), £95, £75 and £55 plus the inevitable 'booking fee'!
Using £75 as a guide, 75 x 20,000 = £1,500,000. (one-and-a-half-million quid!).

Sailing? He should be flying, earning that for one evenings work! I don't wanna, talk about it....

• Agree 1

No singing section...when I asked on Saturday the lady in the ticket office said she hadn't been given enough tickets to dedicate a singing section (or something along those lines! 

Just get as close to the back and make as much noise as possible then you're effectively in the signing section 

I suspect that there will be more to buy on the day but good to hear we've sold out whatever initial allocation we've been given.

In stark contrast to County's failure to come close to filling the South Stand in their several most recent visits to our place.

I suspect that there will be more to buy on the day but good to hear we've sold out whatever initial allocation we've been given.

In stark contrast to County's failure to come close to filling the South Stand in their several most recent visits to our place.

Can't see them bringing many to the cup mmatch with it being on TV too. Fortress Longman is not a happy hunting ground for the wee team. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1