Inverness CT -V- Aberdeen

Scotty

We absolutely destroyed them in the first half. It should have been at least 4-1 at half time and could easily have been more. And that would not have flattered us in the slightest. We were hanging on a bit at the end but it would have been a joke if we hadn't won  

I though Aberdeen looked pretty poor to be honest. The goal they got was the result of their 32 blocking off Fon Williams and the referee doing nothing. I thought Beaton was useless in the LC semi against Hearts, and he hasn't improved. The Aberdeen players were throwing themselves about at the end, which was pretty embarrassing. Thought Christie was unlucky, but would like to see it again to be sure. Storey looks a real find - if the ref had actually done anything to stop the constant holding by Taylor then he may have caused even more damage. 

If we play like that week in week out then I think we will be fine. The Scottish media may have to rethink the coronation of the champions elect, however. 

• Agree 3

Thought we were really good in the first half today and felt that Danny Ward kept Aberdeen right in the game as we could have easily been out of sight by half time.

I was really impressed with Miles Storey today and his goal was well placed - far better than Dani Lopez. 

Ryan Christie's goal was an absolute belter and just shows how much talent the boy has - Celtic are lucky to be getting him so cheaply.

I thought the referee was garbage today. 

All in all a great day for us, bring on County! 

• Agree 2

I see the sheep are no on fire anymore. Good enough for them, they flattered to deceive and as said before, we should have been out of sight before half time. Brilliant first 45. I thought we sat too deep in the second half and invited Aberdeen onto us, but they were unable to pierce our resolute defence. My heart would rather we got a deserved third or fourth goal, but a win it was and the Dons, for all their huffing and puffing, could not blow the house down. Tough chit for them but the start of our surge upwards. :ictscarf:

Great win and sets up the game against an in-form County nicely. 

I would imagine Mutumbo will come in to replace Christie next week as he's a similar sort of player. Really looking forward to getting some of the injured players back, particularly Jordan Roberts. It will be a massive left to the players to get the numbers back, and at this point I'm optimistic about a top half finish and maybe even a cup run, considering we're already in a quarter final! 

• Agree 1

Incredible save by fon Williams in second half to keep us at two one 

Outstanding 

Almost as good as the four pulled off by Ward in the first half. We should have gone in at half time two or three goals ahead. Anyway, immaterial now, we won and they lost. Get back into the woodwork.

The form the Dons have had of late and the failure to take any points off them before,I felt 1 point would have been a good result. 

Great game to watch, great team performance and our players also won their personal battles too. Considering they have some of our players who we couldn't afford to keep, we made them along with the rest of their team look mediocre.

Referee was pretty inconsistent, bias may be a better word and even upset the Dons fans later on in the match as he tried to balance things out.

All in all a good day.

• Agree 3

Just home from the match, what a cracker no two crackers one from Storey and one from Christie.

More than that the first half the Dons didn't know what hit them, we were first to the ball we stole the ball from them, we outplayed and outclassed them.

Sadly we weren't in their faces in the second half but that no longer worries me. I have said we as supporters need to be patient, well now I think we can start raising our expectations just a little bit

higher. Very few teams will be capable of living with us if we can just play as we did in the first half today and extend it a bit more into the second halfWe were truly immense at times today with all players doing their share and a little bit extra now and again.

Well that is off my chest so I will now read what else 'has been said I just had to get this down straight away.

Incidentally today I really was happy clapping in the Main Stand.

• Agree 3

The first half was the best we've played since the corresponding fixture at the end of last season. Terrific stuff. As others have said, we should've gone in at least 4 goals in front. As usual, Aberdeen were jammy as feck against us and the scoreline flattered them. Their goal came from virtually their first effort on goal, a scrappy corner (cheaply given away by Devine) which was bundled in as Fon Williams was fouled. From that point on Aberdeen's whole gameplan seemed to consist of lumping high balls into our box. Surprisingly, and deservedly, we managed to hold firm.  

Christie's transfer value has gone up a few hundred thousand on todays performance alone! An assist and a goal fit to grace El Classico. Dave the Rave was outstanding at the back, keeping Hayes quiet and also providing decent support on the right flank in attack. He's having his best season for us IMO. Hopefully a few more years yet before he leaves us for the music business. Miles Story also impressed. He has the running power of Marly Watkins and the finishing touch of Billy McKay. Quality signing. When he tired I would have preferred we gave Sutherland a runout. Mutombo doesn't have the pace to race in behind from the halfway line. Playing him as a lone striker on the last man didn't work. Every time we got the ball forward it kept coming back. Taylor and Consodine were tired, isolated and pushed up to the halfway line. Sutherland would have caused those lumbering carthorses all kinds of problems with any ball played over the top, just like he did late on against Saint Johnstone. A minor gripe in an otherwise excellent performance. Keep up the good work lads!

• Agree 1

Is it a given that Christie misses derby game. It was two yellows. I always though it had to be s straight red to miss next game 

Section 3.5, immediate suspension I'm afraid.

yeah, and two yellows means no appeal. 

jagster said that Christie would miss the next game when he was sent off but the wee mannie in front said it had to be a straight red for him to miss next weeks game :oops:

• Agree 2

I actually though Mutimbo did ok when he came on. Certainly seems a bit more lively than when he first came on. But a good shout about Sutherland - I forgot he was on the bench. He'd have scared the bayjasus out of Ash (named after the tree I presume - about the same mobility) Taylor who turns slower than a pint of milk. 

• Agree 1

I was surprised at just how poor the Dons were.  Shaky at the back and offering little going forward.  Can't see them mounting a meaningful challenge to Celtic on that kind of form.

We were excellent in the first half and looked much more positive than we often do.  I think Storey's intelligent running off the ball gives Christie more scope and as a result, Christie had a really good game until getting himself unnecessarily and perhaps harshly sent off.

Second half was not as good and we seemed happy to soak up pressure and be far less positive.  Knowing that Aberdeen needed to press us, I would have liked to see us try to take the game to them.  Polworth was perhaps the one player to struggle today and taking him off earlier and bringing Mutombo on to provide a dual threat with Storey might have been interesting.  As it was, we barely had a sniff of a chance in the 2nd half but managed to hang on to win a game we could have won rather more convincingly on the day.

But all in all it was a great performance and gives encouragement for the rest of the season.  Next up, the clash between the two sides in the division with the longest unbeaten runs!

I was surprised at just how poor the Dons were.  Shaky at the back and offering little going forward.  Can't see them mounting a meaningful challenge to Celtic on that kind of form.

We were excellent in the first half and looked much more positive than we often do.  I think Storey's intelligent running off the ball gives Christie more scope and as a result, Christie had a really good game until getting himself unnecessarily and perhaps harshly sent off.

Second half was not as good and we seemed happy to soak up pressure and be far less positive.  Knowing that Aberdeen needed to press us, I would have liked to see us try to take the game to them.  Polworth was perhaps the one player to struggle today and taking him off earlier and bringing Mutombo on to provide a dual threat with Storey might have been interesting.  As it was, we barely had a sniff of a chance in the 2nd half but managed to hang on to win a game we could have won rather more convincingly on the day.

But all in all it was a great performance and gives encouragement for the rest of the season.  Next up, the clash between the two sides in the division with the longest unbeaten runs!

The Dons weren't poor, we just blew them of the park in the first half :ictscarf:

• Agree 4

What a great result! Sounds thoroughly deserved.

That's five games without defeat including the cup.....Storey appears to be a real round peg in a round hole up here, and Vincent staying fit

Bench really light, I understand Tremarco picked up a knock midweek, but Lopez and Foran?

Hats off to Yogi, who has steadied the ship after the early season troubles....an interesting comparison to that of the late Dundee Utd manager. We are still running on a super thin squad at the moment, so fingers crossed no more injuries (or suspensions!) for a while

Given County's form this season, next weeks game will be a toughie.....but if we can reproduce the same performance albeit without Christie we could extend our unbeaten run

• Agree 1

Totally dominated the first half and should of scored a few more. Defended well in the second half as they threw everything at us.

Owain had some cracking saves and young Ryan deserved the MOM. Whole team really dug on well, cheers lads roll on next week.

• Scotty unpinned this topic
  • Scotty unfeatured this topic