Yogi's Contract

Pele_Is_God

Excellent! Well done the board! No longer the soft touch that we might have once been seen to be. Assuming they stick to their guns and repel any future approaches from United, I think this is the best outcome for JH and ICT - the grass is almost never greener! Now, get him signed up so he can plan for next season, please!

Erm, didn't we reject the initial approaches for Butcher before we 'reluctantly' agreed to let Hibs speak to him? I'm certainly not getting my hopes up despite this apparent good news. I suspect this has a bit to play out yet. 

• Agree 1

Just what I was thinking. With Utd having failed to get a manager from the 5 that were top of their list, they would only request permission to speak to our manager once they knew he would accept and personal terms were broadly agreed. There's been 2 or 3 days of nothing happening since bookies suspended the betting on Hughes which would certainly have allowed time for all that to happen. 

If my fears are justified and Yogi wants to go, we won't stand in his way and it's just a case of sorting out the compensation.

Erm, didn't we reject the initial approaches for Butcher before we 'reluctantly' agreed to let Hibs speak to him? I'm certainly not getting my hopes up despite this apparent good news. I suspect this has a bit to play out yet. 

Agree - hence "stick to guns". JH's feelings are central to this - if he really wants to go, he'll go. If not, he's posturing for a new contract, which he deserves. Ball's in his court...

Just been informed by two mates who are Utd fans that they saw Yogi at Tannadice yesterday. Looks like Cameron has let Yogi speak to them. Not looking good...

Was he riding Shergar and in the company of Lord Lucan and Elvis?

If I had a pound for every alleged sighting like this, I would be a tax exile by now.

Just been informed by two mates who are Utd fans that they saw Yogi at Tannadice yesterday. Looks like Cameron has let Yogi speak to them. Not looking good...

Was he riding Shergar and in the company of Lord Lucan and Elvis?

If I had a pound for every alleged sighting like this, I would be a tax exile by now.

And I would be shouting ''Giesaloanfaffewbawb Cherly

Thankfully, seems to have been a ****-take! 

Just what I was thinking. With Utd having failed to get a manager from the 5 that were top of their list, they would only request permission to speak to our manager once they knew he would accept and personal terms were broadly agreed. There's been 2 or 3 days of nothing happening since bookies suspended the betting on Hughes which would certainly have allowed time for all that to happen. 

If my fears are justified and Yogi wants to go, we won't stand in his way and it's just a case of sorting out the compensation.

They requested permission to speak to Wright and he didn't go, so I don't think you can assume anything at this stage.

Daily Mail saying that despite John wanting a new deal, he wants the chance to speak with Steven Thompson once a compensation package has been agreed :-(.

I think this has a while to resolve but will result in John ending up at Tannadice :-(.

Surely not-- unless ICT receive a generous payment  in exchange for the transfer of his services to D.U.

If J H has one more year to run on his existing contract, then the club are in the driving seat because both he and the club must honour the terms of that Agreement unless the Board decide to release him from the existing contract and allow him to go unhindered and unfettered. Or, of course, there is a clause in the existing contract which allows him an out based on certain criteria that both meet.

As far as I can  deduce, then,without reviewing the document that's the end of story.

Surely not-- unless ICT receive a generous payment  in exchange for the transfer of his services to D.U.

If J H has one more year to run on his existing contract, then the club are in the driving seat because both he and the club must honour the terms of that Agreement unless the Board decide to release him from the existing contract and allow him to go unhindered and unfettered. Or, of course, there is a clause in the existing contract which allows him an out based on certain criteria that both meet.

As far as I can  deduce, then,without reviewing the document that's the end of story.

Wishful thinking I fear. All down to Yogi I expect. In practical terms, he can probably walk away regardless safe in the knowledge that whatever he loses should more than be made up by what he gets from Utd. As for compensation to Inverness, I can't imagine it will amount to much on the wages he is likely on at ICT and being in his last year. 

I would imagine United will look elsewhere.

I would like JH to extend his contract but unless another club offers a generous amount of cash then he won't be going anywhere this season.

General Melchett: If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through. :)

I would imagine United will look elsewhere.

I would like JH to extend his contract but unless another club offers a generous amount of cash then he won't be going anywhere this season.

General Melchett: If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through. :)

Im assuming you know exactly how much it will cost for Yogi to leave before his contract finishes, or are you just assuming he is only worth his salary until the end of May.

Just had a quick look on the Dundee United and Pie and Bovril forums and they are saying that John Hughes is going to get appointed on Monday. I seriously doubt but it wouldn't surprise me if Stephen Thomson tried to poach Yogi from us. I personally think they will appoint Mixu or Stuart McCall. 

Sky Sports apparently reported earlier that Dundee United will announce a new manager on Monday.  Unless another approach has been accepted, that *could* suggest it's a free agent or internal appointment.