Yogi's Contract

Pele_Is_God

I bet anyone 4p and a mars bar that Miles Storey will be a tangerine player before long that's the bit I will find hard.......

Storey isn't ours anyway. However, point taken that he could well raid us for the likes of Draper, Williams etc.

• Agree 1

I remember the courier stating a similar article saying Paul Hartley had the ICT job...A few hours later it went to Yogi.

Hoping this is true regarding Mixu though. If so then the board need to do the right thing and tie Yogi down to a new deal. 

**Scratch the above. Just been confirmed by Sky. Paatelainen is off to United 

Edited by AJS
  • Agree 1

Brilliant. Can somebody now lock down the "IF Yogi leaves" thread.

The OP for this thread was spot-on, though. Time to be pro-active with Yogi and the out-of-contract players that we need to keep, assuming they want to stay. If they don't, then start scouting and identifying targets now, so that we're not in the position that we were  a month ago without a recognised striker and poor defensive cover. I know you can't mitigate for every eventuality, but it doesn't take a lot of foresight to see what the risks are and do your level best to prevent them from becoming reality. Stability is a strength.

By the way....would love to know the real truth behind all of this: who was actually interviewed? Was JH eventually given permission to speak to United? If so, did they decide on Mixu after or before speaking to Yogi?  Did they want Mixu all along or is he 3rd/4th choice? We'll never know....

By the way....would love to know the real truth behind all of this: who was actually interviewed? Was JH eventually given permission to speak to United? If so, did they decide on Mixu after or before speaking to Yogi?  Did they want Mixu all along or is he 3rd/4th choice? We'll never know....

According to a Dundee news reporter Yogi has been given permission to speak to them but he is 99.9% sure they are going to go with Mixu. 

I'm guessing Mixu must of interviewed well unless there is a last minute twist to the finale. 

Edited by ICTRoughi

Chris Harvey has just tweeted saying that Mixu has only talked to United. Hughes apparently has permission to speak with them as well. Perhaps the Record have jumped the gun a wee bit here. The plot thickens...

Perhaps it is not too surprising, then, that Paatelainen has sympathy for Hughes.

The Finn, who spent a season and a half in the dugout at Leith, said: "Yogi (Hughes) is a very positive, whole-hearted guy and somebody who is very likeable.

"It is unfair, I believe, to him because last season he did fantastically well. He guided the team to Europe.

" Yogi will do a good job and I'm hoping that he will turn things round at Tannadice."

The Dundee Evening Telegraph Chief Football Writer has just tweeted that he is almost certain its Mixu but he also says Hughes has been given permission to speak to Dundee United

1. Utd talking to Mixu but deal not done yet.

8 retweets2 favourites

Retweet

Favourite

More

Yogi gets permission to speak but 99.9% certain Utd have gone for Mixu

Well, at least Yogi's not going to Motherwell as they are about to unveil McGee.......or are they?

The journos have been given the right runaround over these managerial posts. all guesswork and no fact.

Edited by PerfICT

John Hughes was at the U20 game at Grant Street tonight - although it's anyone's guess whether that means anything or not.

If he was heading to Dundee for talks, he wouldn't have been at the development game tonight IMO. It's going to be Mixu by the sounds of it.