Yogi's Contract

Pele_Is_God

If its too dear then the pay what you want promotion should have seen us turning people away at the gate as we should have been full.

An adult can take kids to the match, season ticket averages out at £15:70, a pensioner or under 25yr old could take kids for £10 ish a game with a St book, or £12 for the uncovered section in the main stand. Seems reasonable enough to me. 

There's also free tickets for schools and if the seats are empty anyway then may as well get new faces interested.

Totally agree if we cant get folk in basically free I dont think prices are the problem here.

In reply to Deanos point above when the players visit schools free adult tickets as well as childrens tickets are offered. Good old pester power must work sometimes? However I have spoken to a player on that subject and they find it frustrating that the kids they meet are very keen to come but the adults wont bring them!

Surely you can't be saying £12 for the coldest and wettest part of the stadium to take a kid to the game is a decent price. That's pretty poor. I've got 3 girls and sadly neither are interested in football after me trying a good few times to encourage it but I wouldn't ever take them to the dreaded uncovered sections which would have definitely turned them away.  Football for the occasional fan is expensive but it's not the only reason why people aren't turning up. People's work commitments at the weekends take priority and as I work 7 out of 8 Saturday's I rarely get to games now unless I request a date off especially. 

• Agree 2

Yet again, we are back to the tiresome subjects of footfall, pricing and at some point I'm sure the 'M' word will appear.

To summarise the above without the need for yet another thread - footfall is what it is, circa 3000 fans, no matter what it doesnt change, the club have tried even in the most successful season ever, pricing - we are one of the cheapest football experiences in the SPFL http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34506759, as for the M word, who care, its history, move on and get over it please.

Can we get over this and actually focus on the point of this thread and its actual topic - Yogi's contract, while there are loose arguments about these topics and how we can manipulate them into funding and why the club lack ambition etc etc - are they the key point of do we want Yogi to stay and if not can we get better? Has there been any updates on his discussions does anyone know or is there a deadline set by the club for him to decide or is this going to be like our player contracts and discussions run for months and months then we fail to resolve and an asset walks away?

If its too dear then the pay what you want promotion should have seen us turning people away at the gate as we should have been full.

An adult can take kids to the match, season ticket averages out at £15:70, a pensioner or under 25yr old could take kids for £10 ish a game with a St book, or £12 for the uncovered section in the main stand. Seems reasonable enough to me. 

There's also free tickets for schools and if the seats are empty anyway then may as well get new faces interested.

Totally agree if we cant get folk in basically free I dont think prices are the problem here.

In reply to Deanos point above when the players visit schools free adult tickets as well as childrens tickets are offered. Good old pester power must work sometimes? However I have spoken to a player on that subject and they find it frustrating that the kids they meet are very keen to come but the adults wont bring them!

Surely you can't be saying £12 for the coldest and wettest part of the stadium to take a kid to the game is a decent price. That's pretty poor. I've got 3 girls and sadly neither are interested in football after me trying a good few times to encourage it but I wouldn't ever take them to the dreaded uncovered sections which would have definitely turned them away.  Football for the occasional fan is expensive but it's not the only reason why people aren't turning up. People's work commitments at the weekends take priority and as I work 7 out of 8 Saturday's I rarely get to games now unless I request a date off especially

What I meant to say was the open section is an option made available to fans, or for a few quid more you can sit in the North Stand instead.

But don't get upset over having this section available to fans if you can't make it to games and your kids don't want to go either.

Edited by 12th Man
  • Disagree 3

Surely you can't be saying £12 for the coldest and wettest part of the stadium to take a kid to the game is a decent price. That's pretty poor. I've got 3 girls and sadly neither are interested in football after me trying a good few times to encourage it but I wouldn't ever take them to the dreaded uncovered sections which would have definitely turned them away.  Football for the occasional fan is expensive but it's not the only reason why people aren't turning up. People's work commitments at the weekends take priority and as I work 7 out of 8 Saturday's I rarely get to games now unless I request a date off especially

What I meant to say was the open section is an option made available to fans, or for a few quid more you can sit in the North Stand instead.

But don't get upset over having this section available to fans if you can't make it to games and your kids don't want to go either.

I'm not upset, I was just questioning your reasoning on thinking £12 per child for an unsheltered area was decent. It should be £10 for an adult in those areas. 

• Agree 1

Anyway back to the subject of the thread ... just how likely is Yogi to sign up again  ... and if he isn't should he go before the season end ... for various reasons (current relative form, last game, heart loyalties) am I too much of a cynic / pessimist to really fear a play-off toe-to-toe versus the flying Hibees?

Daily Record suggesting that Alan Stubbs and Mark Warburton contenders for QPR job so IF Stubbs went then Hughes would be a strong contender for the job at Easter Road.

So, Steven Pressley is now at Fleetwood; Stubbs is a contender for QPR and JMac now at York, all of them are NOWHERE near as successful as Yogi yet the best John could possibly do was Dundee U, it is only a matter of time until English clubs eye up John.

I also don't think John will sign up and will be glad to see him gone but I totally disagree with ICTPAISLEY, Foran isn't ready yet!!

Guest ImmortalSquid

Daily Record suggesting that Alan Stubbs and Mark Warburton contenders for QPR job so IF Stubbs went then Hughes would be a strong contender for the job at Easter Road.

So, Steven Pressley is now at Fleetwood; Stubbs is a contender for QPR and JMac now at York, all of them are NOWHERE near as successful as Yogi yet the best John could possibly do was Dundee U, it is only a matter of time until English clubs eye up John.

I also don't think John will sign up and will be glad to see him gone but I totally disagree with ICTPAISLEY, Foran isn't ready yet!!

Glad to see John gone?

Our most successful manager, how on earth could you possibly "be glad to see him gone"?

I am not denying that he will be gone one day but I do feel he has another 2yrs before he is gone.

This clown is not a true supporter in my opinion and has probably never stepped foot into the Tulloch Caledonian Stadium!

Hughes isn't going back to Hibs.

Typical Daily Record Story - made up on the back of a cigarette packet. What have either of those managers done to be linked to bigger jobs? If anything, you'd have to say Stubbs is on a shoogly peg after last seasons embarrassing capitulations in the play-offs and SC semis. Warburton has a massive club at the top of a league which contains the likes of Alloa, Dumbarton and Livi. His nearest challengers include Falkirk and Raith Rovers. In their only meeting with an SPL side they were comprehensively drubbed at home. At best you could call Warburton competent relative to his predecessor.

Typical Daily Record Story - made up on the back of a cigarette packet. What have either of those managers done to be linked to bigger jobs? If anything, you'd have to say Stubbs is on a shoogly peg after last seasons embarrassing capitulations in the play-offs and SC semis. Warburton has a massive club at the top of a league which contains the likes of Alloa, Dumbarton and Livi. His nearest challengers include Falkirk and Raith Rovers. In their only meeting with an SPL side they were comprehensively drubbed at home. At best you could call Warburton competent relative to his predecessor.

Not sure that Warburton has a massive club. He has a relatively new club still losing massive amounts of money month after month. What he does have is a squad of massively (over)paid players compared to his divisional rivals.

Warburton got Brentford to the play-offs last season - same league that QPR are in now. By all accounts he was unlucky to be let go,

Glad to see John gone?

Our most successful manager, how on earth could you possibly "be glad to see him gone"?

I am not denying that he will be gone one day but I do feel he has another 2yrs before he is gone.

This clown is not a true supporter in my opinion and has probably never stepped foot into the Tulloch Caledonian Stadium!

He's not a clown and neither has he stepped foot into the stadium (that's another story) but he's been attending games for years. For what it's worth, I agree that John Hughes record stands scrutiny and that judgements such as Shaun's shouldn't be made on the back of a limited slump in form and injuries. I've seen plenty of conjecture, rumour and some fibs around this but absolutely no evidence that the Manager either wishes to leave or plans to.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

With all the speculation in recent weeks, I've noticed that ICT Loyal Army Facebook page popping on my timeline a lot again.  It has to be seen to be believed!  Along with stealing people's tweets and posting them as their own, they want Yogi to resign and be replaced by John Robertson or even Richard Hastings!  It's also worrying that some of our fans would seem quite happy for Butcher to return.  Deary me!

Edited by Renegade

With all the speculation in recent weeks, I've noticed that ICT Loyal Army Facebook page popping on my timeline a lot again.  It has to be seen to be believed!  Along with stealing people's tweets and posting them as their own, they want Yogi to resign and be replaced by John Robertson or even Richard Hastings!  It's also worrying that some of our fans would seem quite happy for Butcher to return.  Deary me!

Loyal? A word to be avoided methinks.

Maybe it's the red & blue that appeals. Huns without bus fares perhaps? Looking at the away travel thread, that may literally be true.

• Agree 1

John Robertson? Is the Orion group running that Facebook page. 

John Robertson? Is the Orion group running that Facebook page. 

Even more bizarrely, they put up their favoured line-up for the Dundee game last week, with Devine dropped and replaced by.........Calum Howarth!  The guy's not even a centre-back!

Edited by Renegade