Players We Paid Money For

Renegade

I was thinking recently about which players we've paid money for over the years.  I think I'm right in saying that the only player in recent years we paid for was for Danny Williams for around £10,000 from Kendal Town.  The others I can think of was Dougie Imrie from Clyde for £45,000 and Iain Stewart from Lossiemouth for £35,000.

I know there won't be many, but is there any others?

Edited by Renegade

I seem to recall we paid money for Dean Macdonald too. Worth every penny...

I was under the impression we signed him after his deal at Gillingham finished.  Yep, he was awful.

Edit - Indeed you are right.  The Herald reported at the time that we paid a 'nominal fee' in compensation.

Edited by Renegade

You are right.  Going by a BBC article I found, he initially signed a pre-contract before ICT paid a nominal fee to acquire him in January.  Presume that was the paying off of his contract (doubt it would have been much given he was only part time).

I think there are quite a few others.

I'm pretty certain we paid fees for (with my recollections or guesses in brackets):

Bobby Mann from Forfar (£25k?)

Martin Glancy from Dumbarton (£15k?)

Adam Rooney from Stoke (£50k?)

Craig Brewster from Dunfermline, to be player/manager

There might also have been fees, even nominal ones, for Phil McGuire and Marc McCulloch, both from Dunfermline.

I was also wondering about Hislop from County. We got him in a January window after it became clear he would be joining us at the end of the season, but I think County maybe just told him to leave immediately as his heart wasn't with them any more.  I see he's an optician these days, as well as assistant manager at Arbroath.

I know there were rumours that we might have to pay a development fee for Jordan Roberts when he signed but I don't know if anything came of those.