IF we needed a new manager.....

TtotheOtotheM

56 minutes ago, ThorburnGolf said:

I find it sad that some are talking about a new manager, a manager that guided us to our first major trophy and Europe and that to be honest isn't having a horrible season this year.... 2 cup quarter finals reached and could go further depending on tonight. Yes we are 9th and 5 points from the relegation playoff place.... but we are also only 6 points off 4th and I think people forget that. 

Yes, It would take a miracle to reach top 6, but survival should always be seen as the objective, anything else is a bonus!

I don't think that the criticism is so much directed at the results and league position as at the generally inflexible and ineffective tactics and style of play.

I doubt if there would be nearly as much flack if we were more positive and tending to loser out by the odd goal in five in entertaining matches.

5 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I don't think that the criticism is so much directed at the results and league position as at the generally inflexible and ineffective tactics and style of play.

I doubt if there would be nearly as much flack if we were more positive and tending to loser out by the odd goal in five in entertaining matches.

I can understand that criticism, however, if a couple results had gone in our favour and we were sitting say 4th, would the same people still be calling for a change as they are bored of what they are watching? 

There's only so much that can be done with such a threadbare squad and a tiny budget.

• Agree 3

Rig is RIGHT!              Right Rig? 

Most past Managers have stumbled badly one way or another. It's human frailty that all of us have suffered from at one time or another, I guess.         Scarlet excluded of course.:laugh:

Why, I even see David Moyes , who stumbled  after going to Manchester United ,  is now in the frame to  take over ....wait for it.....Celtic , or some other high profile Scottish team. I read that this morning on the SPL site. Perchance is it D for David and D for Diddums. After all, there must be several teams that would love to have him in Englandterre ---at a  reduced salary?

J H has had rotten luck with the loss of many valuable players AND constant and debilitating injuries restricting his  choice of players and the  flow of, and the positioning of,  the team. What a challenge he has had this season.

As I opined in another thread, to consider letting him go now is both astonishing and mindless. It would worsen the  final placing of the team, depress morale and create  a shambolic situation with very unpredictable results.

Of course, winning another Scottish Cup would immediately turn the negative critics into happy clappers  who would claim that they always knew that Big John would walk out a winner, etc. and all must therefore be forgiven.

I wish life was as simple as that .....eh? :wave: Cmon the Caley Thistle.:cheer01:

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...

Totally hypothetical but would fans prefer Hughes stayed or, given we would get some decent cash for him should he leave, would they prefer to receive a lovely dollop of cash and then use that to retain the likes of Storey, Raven etc.

16 minutes ago, RiG said:

Totally hypothetical but would fans prefer Hughes stayed or, given we would get some decent cash for him should he leave, would they prefer to receive a lovely dollop of cash and then use that to retain the likes of Storey, Raven etc.

Again hypothetical but how much of the cash would need to be used to secure a new manager?.

20 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

I wonder how many times Thomson has asked himself how things might have turned out for Utd if he'd paid the very reasonable sum of compensation ICT were asking for Hughes?

Think it would have turned out pretty much the same. Poisoned chalice IMO.

2 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

About as reliable a source of information as 'Shaun'...

What?!  I've been waiting patiently for Andrew Considine and Darren Murray to turn up for weeks now.  Why did no-one tell me it was baloney?! 

1 hour ago, DoofersDad said:

Dundee Courier also carrying the story now and suggesting Raith Manager Ray MacKinnon is expected to take over.  Doesn't look like we'll be needing a new manager unless Yogi fancies a move to Kirkcaldy.

What's the source for Mackinnon? Easter Road?

Dundee United would be a great move for JH. He'd be able to commute from home and would have a far larger budget. Promotion and a cup run would be viewed as a success whereas I can't see where he can take us now. 

• Agree 2

On 03/05/2016 at 6:25 PM, Yngwie said:

I wonder how many times Thomson has asked himself how things might have turned out for Utd if he'd paid the very reasonable sum of compensation ICT were asking for Hughes?

Compensation? My understanding is that KC refused to let DU talk to JH so I doubt any comp was offered at that point.

Whoever takes over is going to have one hell of a start. Most of the squad, including Rankin and Ofere, have been told today they are surplus to requirement. Where do you start if you dont even have the bones of a squad. Whoever takes the job is going to have to build from scratch and still be expected to compete at top of Championship

On 5/3/2016 at 6:14 PM, DoofersDad said:

Dundee Courier also carrying the story now and suggesting Raith Manager Ray MacKinnon is expected to take over. 

He could yet be managing Raith in the Premiership!

• Agree 3