IF we needed a new manager.....

TtotheOtotheM

I was hoping that we would be bold and look at somebody who has a good track record, who has previous positive experience of working in Scotland, would certainly attract a lot of media attention and would certainly change the ethos of Scottish football. But when I saw her reasons for leaving Clermont I doubt whether she would be interested.

image.jpg

Yogi has publicly stated he is in discussions for a new contract, so until then perhaps we should get behind him and the team, instead of already lining up a replacement, afterall even if he does decide to leave and makes that known in the next few weeks - we have 6 months to find the right appointment so why would the club jump into any rushed appointment? Possibility for plenty more candiates to become available over the season from clubs impatient for change, in some ways its refreshing to see a manager run a contract down and leave (if Yogi does) of his own accord than be sacked like a high percentage of his peers. Credit to the club, board and man himself.

• Agree 1

Hughes publicly stated during the Christie transfer to Celtic, that ICT wouldn't 'stand in the way' of anybody wanting to move-on and 'better themselves'.
We were within our 'rights' to refuse any discussions between another club and our contracted player - but, we allowed talks to take place and the subsequent transfer to go through.

I can understand Hughes must have found it galling that he wasn't afforded the same courtesy when Dundee United came calling!
I'm convinced he was wanting to go there. Dundee United wouldn't have 'shown their hand' and made an approach without having some degree of certainty that Hughes was interested. They would have 'put out feelers' before contacting ICT, and doing so without 'tapping up'...lets just say that Agent's talk!

With permission refused and a hands-off statement issued, DDU turned to Mixu and offered him a contract that would effectively be financially equivalent to a six-year-deal at ICT.

This episode has seen Hughes revealing much to the media that should normally be kept in-house, with the Dundee Utd episode being the catalyst for his candour.
Thinly veiled references to dynamics behind the scenes, frustration at his budget, disillusionment and a get-out strategy...all very evident.

Interesting times ahead! Something not harmonious behind-closed-doors. Heck, we never did get a satisfactory explanation how the coaching guru, Russell Latapy left the club (want's to be a boss in his own right!), soon after replaced by a holiday-maker.

• Agree 2

A lot of people seem to be missing a very relevant point in John's attitude towards his new contract............which is the betterment of ICT in general

He is looking to the future of the club as well as his own interests.........More stability in the running of the Team,  giving the players better incentives to stay rather than accept losses to other Clubs. Making more positive measures within the structure to attract better players to come North. He dearly wants our Club to prosper rather than just survive. 

His personal feelings are positive about this area despite living away from his family, I get the feeling that given the right contract he would have his family move North with him but he would have to know that the Club would offer him security by giving him the ammunition to ensure that a permanent move to ICT would really be worthwhile and that the Club does want to lift themselves in the right direction and not just plod on as they have in the past going from manager to manager waiting for better offers to come in for them and any star players that materialise. 

• Agree 2

A lot of people seem to be missing a very relevant point in John's attitude towards his new contract............which is the betterment of ICT in general

He is looking to the future of the club as well as his own interests.........More stability in the running of the Team,  giving the players better incentives to stay rather than accept losses to other Clubs. Making more positive measures within the structure to attract better players to come North. He dearly wants our Club to prosper rather than just survive. 

His personal feelings are positive about this area despite living away from his family, I get the feeling that given the right contract he would have his family move North with him but he would have to know that the Club would offer him security by giving him the ammunition to ensure that a permanent move to ICT would really be worthwhile and that the Club does want to lift themselves in the right direction and not just plod on as they have in the past going from manager to manager waiting for better offers to come in for them and any star players that materialise. 

Exactly this! JH is man with ambition, he clearly doesn't see last season as a one off like many of us, call him a dreamer, but to me he wants to build something special up here, and that has to be matched in the boardroom as well, yes funds will be an issue, but I feel if the board can at least match John's vision and tell him they will support him however they can I truly believe he can be managing over something pretty epic over the next decade, not just dwindle out his contract over the next 6 months.

• Agree 1

I'm with the Bughtmaster. I'm thinking there's big financial difficulties at the club. Why else would they feel the need to pay off one of their most hard working and helpful members of staff. The club has struggled to balance the books for a few years now. The hope was that crowd figures would rise each year but that hasn't happened. There's no sugar daddy with blank cheques to keep us where we are. We pay the lowest player salaries in the league so there's no incentive for them to sign long term deals. Many have come from obscurity on a low wage to ressurect careers and will move on to better earnings as they get noticed. Just think what a SC medal is going to do for the CV.

I think this is where JH is coming from. He cant build with players who want to better themselves and he can't offer them any incentive to want to stay.

Whats the answer? I dont know but I better be of and get the Euromillions ticket bought.

• Agree 2

Here is what we feckin need - Manager (Helena Costa); Head Coach (Hope Powell); Director of Football (Karen Brady); Chairperson (Laura Grant); Board of Directors - Lynne Macdonald, Julie Wilson, Mairi Maclean, Susan Duncan,Jill MacRae, Bev Clark, Rosemary Webb.

• Agree 1

Was refreshing to see Richie Foran getting involved with the coaching today. 

I do have reservations about the lack of experience but if he is supported by a strong assistant and a DOF similar to Hearts then I think it would be a gamble worth taking and I would make that move as soon as possible if Yogi has no intention of signing a new contract. 

• 4 months later...
On 31/10/2015 at 5:31 PM, ICTRoughi said:

Was refreshing to see Richie Foran getting involved with the coaching today. 

I do have reservations about the lack of experience but if he is supported by a strong assistant and a DOF similar to Hearts then I think it would be a gamble worth taking and I would make that move as soon as possible if Yogi has no intention of signing a new contract. 

Time for Foran to get involved. We're in a relegation battle. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 6

Did Latapy ever get that new job he was looking for? Still find that bizarre. When have you ever heard of anyone leaving one job to try and find a new one? Aside from people who are moving abroad, I don't think I ever have.