IF we needed a new manager.....

TtotheOtotheM

Guest Shaun
18 minutes ago, WYNESS101 said:

Bring back Latapy and get rid of Rice

Even better,  get rid of both Brian Rice AND Mr Useless, John Hughes!!!! 

I was on one site in the central belt the other month and someone was full of praise for Brian Rice and said hes good at bringing on youngsters. Old pals from a long time ago. I don't think a lack of goals has a lot to do with him.

All we need is a consistent goal finisher and things will be good again.

Maybe is the players believed they were 3-0 up then it would be easier to score.

3 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

I was on one site in the central belt the other month and someone was full of praise for Brian Rice and said hes good at bringing on youngsters. Old pals from a long time ago. I don't think a lack of goals has a lot to do with him.

A lot of players getting injured at training does though

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

25 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

That a lot of players are injured and that it often doesn't seem to happen in matches ?

Sorry how is that evidence that iit's solely down to Brian Rice? Players do manage to pick up knocks during matches but still manage to complete games. Just think it's a pretty big leap here to blame the assistant manager for our injuries unless anyone can provide PROOF? 

Its cos of the new Brian Rice training regime.............sadly first rule of fight club.........

More seriously though, we have seen only a few game time injuries occur where a player needs substituted such as Brill, Warren, Fisher, therefore I think some assume that any other injury has to be during training. However often these can be game knocks which can manifest after the match. There is no denying that this year we have had a lot more injuries though (excluding illness) whether this is down to the change in coaching staff (Rice for Latapay) only the club know. Its clear that over the last 12 months our style of play has changed a lot from open attacking football to negative and cautious whether this is due to the available players being fit or the new training and management regime its hard to decide - until we have enough quality players fit to start our games, its all just pure fan conjecture.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Its cos of the new Brian Rice training regime.............sadly first rule of fight club.........

More seriously though, we have seen only a few game time injuries occur where a player needs substituted such as Brill, Warren, Fisher, therefore I think some assume that any other injury has to be during training. However often these can be game knocks which can manifest after the match. There is no denying that this year we have had a lot more injuries though (excluding illness) whether this is down to the change in coaching staff (Rice for Latapay) only the club know. Its clear that over the last 12 months our style of play has changed a lot from open attacking football to negative and cautious whether this is due to the available players being fit or the new training and management regime its hard to decide - until we have enough quality players fit to start our games, its all just pure fan conjecture.

A sensible reply thank you. 

5 minutes ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Neil Lennon is available.   Now if that little s*** were ever to be offered the ICT job, I would definitely sell my shares and not watch us again until he'd gone.

Agreed although I would not be altogether astonished to see him kicking water bottles again at the TCS next season.....

In the unfortunate event that Yogi left, for whatever reason, I'd be keen on Peter Houstoun. He has success at Dundee United and is doing a very good job with Falkrik, keeping pace with the bigger teams in the league, as well as getting them to the Scottish cup final. He doesn't seem to get much of a mention, but I wouldn't be too disappointed to have Robbo return, he knows how to motivate his players and could probably attract good players to the club,

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, lightwelter said:

In the unfortunate event that Yogi left, for whatever reason, I'd be keen on Peter Houstoun. He has success at Dundee United and is doing a very good job with Falkrik, keeping pace with the bigger teams in the league, as well as getting them to the Scottish cup final. He doesn't seem to get much of a mention, but I wouldn't be too disappointed to have Robbo return, he knows how to motivate his players and could probably attract good players to the club,

No thanks on either.  Especially the latter.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, lightwelter said:

If he left I would hope we could do better than that pair 

I still dream of a Pele second coming, even if only on a short term interim basis. The free flowing attacking football would be the perfect antidote to our current woes, get the best out of our currently stifled, overdrilled underperformers, and bring the crowds back.

Edited by AlexJones
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Given how prevalent injuries have been this season, it may be a decent idea to perform an audit, led by the medical staff, of how they occurred, just in case factors other than pure bad luck may be contributing.

I hesitate to imagine how much - or how large a percentage of the club's expenditure - it has cost this season to pay players who are unable to do anything.

• Agree 3

5 hours ago, rocky1 said:

If he left I would hope we could do better than that pair 

And I'm not convinced either would do better than the incumbent.  Robbo in-particular might be a good motivator and an enthusiastic character, but aside from us (where he inherited a very good Steve Paterson side and added his pal Bingham to it), his record overall is rather poor.

5 hours ago, Renegade said:

And I'm not convinced either would do better than the incumbent.  Robbo in-particular might be a good motivator and an enthusiastic character, but aside from us (where he inherited a very good Steve Paterson side and added his pal Bingham to it), his record overall is rather poor.

When you think about it you could apply that to pretty much every one of our managers over the years!

• Agree 1

I know that Richie Foran is pretty much a shoe in for the job in the event that Yogi leaves but I honestly think our next appointment should be a continental one with good credentials suited for our team - ideal choice of manager would be a dutch one for me IMO. 

8 minutes ago, ICTRoughi said:

I know that Richie Foran is pretty much a shoe in for the job in the event that Yogi leaves but I honestly think our next appointment should be a continental one with good credentials suited for our team - ideal choice of manager would be a dutch one for me IMO. 

Yes, and no doubt Yogi will be top of Man Utd's short list when Van Gaal comes here:lol:

I find it sad that some are talking about a new manager, a manager that guided us to our first major trophy and Europe and that to be honest isn't having a horrible season this year.... 2 cup quarter finals reached and could go further depending on tonight. Yes we are 9th and 5 points from the relegation playoff place.... but we are also only 6 points off 4th and I think people forget that. 

Yes, It would take a miracle to reach top 6, but survival should always be seen as the objective, anything else is a bonus!

• Agree 2