Team News - Injuries and Suspensions etc

Council Juice

Team news for ICT v Aberdeen - Monday 15/2/16.

Reported that Inverness club captain Richie Foran looks to be out for the season after tearing a calf muscle.

Alex Fisher (ankle), Josh Meekings and James Vincent (both knee) also remain on the sidelines.

Dean Brill is still not ready to be considered as he continues his rehabilitation from a long-term knee injury while Aaron Doran (knee) is further away from fitness.

Inverness (from): OF Williams, Raven, Warren, Devine, Tremarco, Tansey, D Williams, Draper, Polworth, Storey, Mbuyi-Mutombo, Vigurs, Sutherland, Roberts, Ferguson, Wedderburn, Hughes, R Williams, Brown, Esson.

Last 5 league form: D W W L D.

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 1:31 PM, CaleyD said:

Richie Foran is NOT out for the rest of the season and the club have no idea where that story came from.

I've also heard otherwise :(

Today's Inverness Courier suggests that David Raven will miss the game tomorrow, through injury.
The latest SFA suspension list indicates that Ross Draper will miss our league game at Hearts 1st March. (officially, the first league game after 29th February)
Incidentally, from that same list, I noticed I'd made an error by previously stating (on another thread) that Andrea Mutombo would be suspended for our quarter-final cup tie.
I wrongly thought he'd 'picked' up two bookings in the competition, but happily, it's just one - so he's eligible for the Hibs game.

Why is it so difficult for the club to actually tell us what's wrong with our injured players? I have found the silence this season bizarre and a little bit insulting.

Do any journalists even ask the question of the manager or do they not even know who any of our players are in the first place! Apart from the infamous diving Draper obviously.

I get the whole siege mentally everybody hates us but we are the fans and shouldn't be excluded.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

Celtic vs ICT team news:  20/2/2016

Club captain Richie Foran (calf) remains out while Alex Fisher (ankle), Josh Meekings and James Vincent (both knee) are unlikely to return for the Parkhead encounter.

Long-term absentee Aaron Doran (knee) is still out but goalkeeper Dean Brill is closing in on a return from his knee injury.

Inverness (from): OF Williams, Raven, Warren, Devine, Tremarco, Tansey, D Williams, Draper, Polworth, Storey, Mbuyi-Mutombo, Vigurs, Sutherland, Roberts, Ferguson, Wedderburn, Hughes, R Williams, Brown, Esson.

I asked for this thread to help CTO users keep track of the mounting injury list at the start of the season and the confusion it caused. The information is out there. I cross reference a few sites to check the information matches up. Admittedly I could be more regular with updates.

Admittedly it would be preferable to get it from the official site and straight from the club itself. They only ever seem to make new signing/contract extension team news on there though.

Anyway I hope this thread helps.

• Agree 3

7 hours ago, iamthecaptain1 said:

I asked for this thread to help CTO users keep track of the mounting injury list at the start of the season and the confusion it caused. The information is out there. I cross reference a few sites to check the information matches up. Admittedly I could be more regular with updates.

Admittedly it would be preferable to get it from the official site and straight from the club itself. They only ever seem to make new signing/contract extension team news on there though.

Anyway I hope this thread helps.

I fine job you are doing too, I hope you don't think I was having a go at your efforts to keep us informed.

I'm just frustrated with not knowing what's going on with the players. I take it from the negative responses to my previous post that fans are happy with the current situation.

Edited by PCS

Just a question.  How is Meekings's injury progressing?  When Warren broke his leg at the start of the season we all knew he would be out for months.  If anything, he came back earlier than some of us thought.  But with Meekings, I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that when he got injured, he might miss two or three weeks, a month at most.  But here we are several weeks later and no one seems to know just what his injury is, or how near to coming back he is.  Can anyone shed any light?

1 hour ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Just a question.  How is Meekings's injury progressing?  When Warren broke his leg at the start of the season we all knew he would be out for months.  If anything, he came back earlier than some of us thought.  But with Meekings, I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that when he got injured, he might miss two or three weeks, a month at most.  But here we are several weeks later and no one seems to know just what his injury is, or how near to coming back he is.  Can anyone shed any light?

On 21st Jan he tweeted:

2 injections in the knee tomorrow, another step in the right direction hopefully! 

• Agree 1

Mutombo got a knock in training on Friday and (as I understand it) a late decision was made not to risk antagonising it by including him in the squad.  Don't think it's serious.

Ferguson has had an ongoing issue which they have been working to resolve all season.  He's been on a new course of physio treatment which I believe is going well and he's started back getting game time with the development squad.

• Agree 1

Hearts v Inverness team news:

Inverness boss John Hughes hopes to see goalkeeper Dean Brill finally end his 11-month lay-off in March.

The Englishman suffered a serious knee injury at the end of last season, during a clash with Celtic, but Hughes believes he is closing in on a return after rejoining the Highlanders' squad for light training. 

Club captain Richie Foran (calf) remains unavailable for Tuesday's Ladbrokes Premiership trip to Hearts. Alex Fisher (ankle), Josh Meekings and James Vincent (both knee) are all doubts for the Tynecastle clash while long-term absentee Aaron Doran (knee) remains out.

Inverness (from): OF Williams, Raven, Warren, Devine, Tremarco, Tansey, D Williams, Draper, Polworth, Storey, Mbuyi-Mutombo, Vigurs, Sutherland, Roberts, Ferguson, Wedderburn, Fisher, Meekings, Vincent, Hughes, R Williams, Brown, Esson.

Inverness have doubts over Alex Fisher, Josh Meekings and James Vincent for the trip to Tynecastle.

Fisher is nursing an ankle injury while Meekings and Vincent are looking to shake off knee problems.

Although I've not seen it reported in the previews on the usual media outlets (focussing instead on who's likely to be missing through injury), I'm fairly sure that Ross Draper is suspended for tonight....
Would obviously be a catastrophic blunder playing an ineligible player!
If it is the case, he'll be a miss. Although, always an integral part of the team, I've felt he's been particularly influential for us in recent weeks.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Sneckboy said:

Although I've not seen it reported in the previews on the usual media outlets (focussing instead on who's likely to be missing through injury), I'm fairly sure that Ross Draper is suspended for tonight....
Would obviously be a catastrophic blunder playing an ineligible player!
If it is the case, he'll be a miss. Although, always an integral part of the team, I've felt he's been particularly influential for us in recent weeks.

Just checked on the SFA site - Draper is suspended tonight.

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic