Team News - Injuries and Suspensions etc

Council Juice

From Courier:

Having Williams and Draper available again is a huge boost for Hughes, given that he was without nine players through injury on Tuesday night.

The Inverness manager admitted post-match that youngsters Jason Brown and Blair MacLennan were just on the bench to “make up the numbers”, leaving Liam Hughes and Ryan Williams as the only available outfield replacements.

Nat Wedderburn is the latest to join the growing injury list, picking up a groin injury in training on Tuesday, while Andrea Mbuyi-Mutombo will be doubtful with a calf strain. James Vincent and Josh Meekings (both knee) could make the bench at Easter Road, but Aaron Doran, Richie Foran, David Raven, Alex Fisher and Dean Brill remain out.

• Agree 2

"A calf strain"...? I'm just cowed by the thought.

Beats me how so many young and very physically fit players can get injuries such as this.?

Don't they warm up  properly and stretch adequately prior to the game? Why does this happen?

Carl Tremarco is apparently suspended for the Hamilton game. 

Fingers crossed for a good performance and result in Perth. A two goal win will get us back in the top six, or am I being overly optimistic?

49 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

So whats wrong with Raven, anyone know? He was in the stand y'day and looked to be moving freely enough. Seems like he has been missing a good while, yet nobody knows why or when he will be back and is a player we miss badly.

Recurring foot injury and he had to sit out before it ended his career .

should be back soon 

Team News for Ross County v ICT

Greg Tansey returns from suspension, whilst Josh Meekings will be assessed after returning from injury in midweek.

We still have a lengthy injury list with James Vincent, Aaron Doran, Dean Brill (all knee), David Raven (foot) and Alex Fisher (ankle) out along with Andrea Mbuyi-Mutombo, who has struggled with a calf injury and illness.

Inverness (from): OF Williams, Horner, Tremarco, Devine, Meekings, Warren, D Williams, Draper, Polworth, Vigurs, Tansey, Storey, Roberts, Ferguson, Hughes, R Williams, Brown, MacLennan, Wedderburn, Foran, Esson.

Edited by iamthecaptain1
Spacing

11 minutes ago, Sneckboy said:

Tansey's suspended.

I'm talking rubbish! I've just looked at the latest SFA list and although he does have a one match suspension, it doesn't kick-in until after the County game.
I apologise for my mistake - as it also 'mislead' the 'Team for County' thread. I'm the one who should be suspended!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Gavroche said:

Good informative article. I would love to see Aaron given a new contract and the opportunity to establish himself again as a first team regular.

• Agree 3

Glad to hear doran is making a good recovery...would be delighted to see him get a run this season, and the difference he would make should be competing for fourth or fight against killie would be huge. I also hope the club give him a contract for next season because he is a big player for us and seem a willing to stay. 

Hopefully Raven, brill and mutumbo will be back shortly so they can all get a run in the team and prove themselves worthy. 

Alex fisher has a chipped bone and had been ruled out for 2-3 months as far as I know

• Agree 3

According to BBC, Vincent and Mutombo fit and Raven not far away. 

Tomorrow's team selection will be interesting against an on form Motherwell. 

Hooefully the style and passion shown against County is on show again!

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic