Team News - Injuries and Suspensions etc

Council Juice

We have a goalkeeper injury crisis! OFW and Ryan injured, Cammy Mackay back on loan at Elgin and Daniel Hobban also injured. Only available keeper is a 16 year old youth player. This could see the Hamilton game being postponed.

39 minutes ago, Row S said:

We have a goalkeeper injury crisis! OFW and Ryan injured, Cammy Mackay back on loan at Elgin and Daniel Hobban also injured. Only available keeper is a 16 year old youth player. This could see the Hamilton game being postponed.

What? Where did you get this information from? I have seen nothing anywhere about fonners being injured and cammy mckay would not be going back to Elgin unless Esson was fully fit 

Where is this information from. Nothing on STV news tonight?

This is one of those things that Dave Gorman covered in "Modern Life is Goodish" the other week about how wikipedia and it's citations have become totally meaningless.

In short....the STV article is based on the information posted in this thread and as soon as they publicise it, it then gets used as evidence to support the original speculation that it is based on.

32 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

This is one of those things that Dave Gorman covered in "Modern Life is Goodish" the other week about how wikipedia and it's citations have become totally meaningless.

In short....the STV article is based on the information posted in this thread and as soon as they publicise it, it then gets used as evidence to support the original speculation that it is based on.

Do you really believe that STV come looking in this forum for news articles?

20 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

It's not a belief.....I know for a fact that a great many journalists/reporters watch fans forums looking for stuff they can build a story (or non story) on.

It's kinda my job to know and keep an eye on these things!!

32 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

It's not a belief.....I know for a fact that a great many journalists/reporters watch fans forums looking for stuff they can build a story (or non story) on.

Ah ok, fair enough then. I guess the proof will be tomorrow when we see the lineup, although gotta say not looking forward to that 

Well my information came from someone close to a source within the Club. That was the position last night and came with the rider that every effort was being made to try and address it before they had to resort to asking for a postponement.

It looks as if STV did a bit more digging to check out the situation rather than taking what I had been told at face value. As said above all should become clearer in the next 21 hours and 21 minutes.

1 hour ago, CableGuy said:

You'd be surprised how easy it is to start a rumour on Twitter or somewhere like CTO or Pie and Bovril and have a journalist pick up on it and then run with it. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Why let Cammy Mackay go on loan to Elgin when Ryan Esson is not fit. It makes no sense at all. 

He was recalled from Elgin already this season I understand .In an attempt to give him game time the club is damned if they do and damned if they don't . Apparently they can only recall once without the loaned club having right of refusal.

Iam having second thoughts about my availability for today and  suspect even my hangovers alone from the office party last night wouldn't see me past a fitness test

Iam about to head to the golf course, in the dark, walking with my golf clubs for a morning comp, wish me luck........

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/12/2016 at 4:35 PM, CaleyD said:

It's not your job. It's Dean Ebbe's job. 

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic