So you like bridges, eh?

Scarlet Pimple

http://www.capbridge.com/gallery/video-tours/

In North Vancouver, British Columbia there has been built a suspension bridge over the deep Gorge of the Capilano river. The word Capilano is of Indian origin. The bridge is 300 feet above the gorge as you walk across , sways in the wind and the numerous feet  and weight of walking patrons over it. The tensioners are of course of high tensile strength and it's eminently safe but ........it's still not for the faint of heart.

The above link shows an offshoot of the bridge in the same location when the proprietors of the show decided to construct an outcrop of circular steel in the shape of a walkway anchored into the cliff face in the area on one side but with only thin air on the other side. This great video of the construction techniques and workers shows the daunting obstacles they faced to get it just right and the finished article.

North and West Van is where I used to run my business prior before retirement and it's all hills and valleys. North Van is  where the expensive houses are-- mostly because of the views across the Burrard Inlet, which comes in from the Pacific Ocean and allows the huge tankers to anchor in the bay prior to loading  and departure with their precious cargos. West Vancouver   is the next door neighbour of North Vancouver and the house prices are even more  grotesque there. It's where all the really wealthy people live and houses can be very large indeed. Hope ypou enjoy the video

Who is that Scotty? Can't be you can it? And, if so, when was that photo taken?

IHE me too.

Our new Prime Minister, sworn in today, is Justin Trudeau aged 44 in December. His wife is a doll and admits to jumping out of an aeroplane just to prove to herself that because she can't stomach heights she is not a coward. Gutsy lady.

I know that feeling....speed on skis or in a car  is no problem but looking down from a great height into a chasm  which is obviously very dangerous makes me squirm

Oyur new Prime Minister  was  shooed in today--Justin TrudeauI

• 2 weeks later...