January transfer window.

Guest Shaun

With January only 3-4 weeks away, I thought I'd start a thread for the January window, only for players we know of so no rumours as that is what rumour section is for.

It looks very likely that Conor Henderson will be signed up as he had a successful trial period.

Also, its imperative that Miles Storey gets signed up.  Not too sure about Tobi Sho-Silva so will leave it to you guys to discuss lol.

For me, we need 1 or 2 strikers but if Henderson is signed, then it will be 1 striker due to fact only 1 or 2 players are rumoured to be all John will be allowed.

Wouldn't mind seeing Darren Murray signed up eiti but he is contracted to a club so is unlikely to happen :(.

I do hope that we can hold onto Miles Storey but given his current form with us, think we may struggle. 

On that basis, we do need a couple strikers and I genuinely hope Storey is one of them. With regards to Darren Murray, if he was worth it, Yogi would have signed him. 

Hopefully we can get our top scout Kenny Cameron to bring in another decent striker. 

• Agree 2

I'd like to see the club use the window to offload some of the under achievers if it will free up money for other players to come in,  my opinion is we shouldnt waste money trying to extend Sho Silva as he's never been fit to play and if there was a way to remove other crocks or under achievers such as Wedderburn, Mutumbo, Vigurs, Lopez we should consider it and bring in players fit and ready to play, but not be looking to offer them new deals yet.

Storey needs to stay but also disappointed we havent secured a few established players on deals yet before they can be approached - Vincent, Draper, Williams, Brill, Doran, Raven, Fon Williams - I'd like their new deals tied up before the window and a priority ahead of any of the above listed players.

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, Shaun said:

Wouldn't mind seeing Darren Murray signed up eiti but he is contracted to a club so is unlikely to happen :(.

Why are you so keen to sign Darren Murray?  Seemingly on his trial he didn't really impress.  

From what I've been informed about Wedderburn is that as he's come from part time football, the plan was to have him play half the season in the reserve team to get up to speed and then break into the first team.  Again, I was very impressed with him in the Astra games and I do feel that there's a player in there.  Much the same could be said for Vigurs, who doesn't look fully fit to me.

Think this is the beginning of the end for Dani Lopez and possibly Mutombo, but I'm led to believe that loan extensions are being sought out for Storey and Sho-Silva.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

Could be wrong but I'm certain I read that storey was happy and was possibly looking to stay! Mutumbo started well but the way things are going for him now I'd rather see Aiden Chippendale back! Vigurs so far hasn't been great but he himself has come out and said he's not been happy with his performances so hopefully he'll improve! Sooner Lopez is gone the better! Sho-silva looked like a good find against hearts in his 10 minute spell but hasn't done a thing since! 

Storey is a must, as is resigning most of the current squad! Unless we lose some of our players then we only really need a striker and a winger IMO! 

If only I had a pound for every time a player said he was happy at a club and wanted to stay but who then left at the first available opportunity for a bigger pay packet elsewhere.  No point alienating the fans and in any case, the happier you apparently are, the more money another team will need to offer in order to prize you away.  I'm sure all the players are happy here.

Remember Jordan Roberts? I heard he is not long away from returning from injury. Richie too. That said I agree we need to get rid of the under-achievers and bring in a couple of out and out strikers as well as a left back. Being able to keep Christie until May would also be a bonus.

Do we *really* need a left-back?  Williams, Tremarco and Roberts can all naturally play there, while Raven, Wedderburn and probably Polworth (he played a half as a right back against Forres) can fill in there if necessary.  With all the injuries at the moment, maybe another winger is something we could do with.  Doran's obviously out long term and Mutombo doesn't really do it for me.

9 hours ago, Renegade said:

Do we *really* need a left-back?  Williams, Tremarco and Roberts can all naturally play there, while Raven, Wedderburn and probably Polworth (he played a half as a right back against Forres) can fill in there if necessary.  With all the injuries at the moment, maybe another winger is something we could do with.  Doran's obviously out long term and Mutombo doesn't really do it for me.

Yeah, we need a natural left back IMO. The problem for me is that we haven't properly replaced Graeme Shinnie. Danny Williams is all well and good playing there however he's better suited in a more attacking nature role - which would fulfil your request for another winger. 

• Agree 1

On 14/12/2015 at 9:38 PM, ICTRoughi said:

Yeah, we need a natural left back IMO. The problem for me is that we haven't properly replaced Graeme Shinnie. Danny Williams is all well and good playing there however he's better suited in a more attacking nature role - which would fulfil your request for another winger. 

I would give Carlo every chance to make the left back position his own.

Given there is no return of Ryan which was expected really and Storey still no nearer staying combined with how shaky we look its goig to be a worrying month but at least unlike last year we are unlikely to see anyone getting bought although pre-contract is a concern for summer departures.

Given that i was dissappointed that Ryan Stevenson has gone on loan from Partick to Ayr, i have always thought he is a player that caused us problems any time he was against us and can score goals, strong and physical to hold up the ball and the kind of player who would help out storey and give us something we dont have especially given our slow build up play we lack that player since ofere left.

Miles Storey joined Swindon during Paolo DiCanio's time and signed a further contract after he left.

Miles was always promising but seemed never to fit Mark Cooper's plans. He was loaned out, with little success, several times.

Martin Ling has never mentioned Miles since becoming manager and our strike force is currently well balanced. It has been said that Miles is for sale if a fee is involved.

His time with you is by far and away the best of his career and has expressed the wish to stay with you.

I expect to hear he signs for you in January, I wish him well and will continue to visit this site to see how he does.

Happy Christmas and New Year to you all.

Mickeyr

• Agree 6