January transfer window.

Guest Shaun

9 hours ago, ICTRoughi said:

Yogi has confirmed that we have approached Celtic regarding a loan for Stokes. I must admit a partnership of both Stokes and Storey would be a interesting pair and probably would compliment each other. Like I said in my earlier post, I'm struggling to see how we could financially take Stokes on loan unless Celtic still owe us money from the Ryan Christie deal. 

They'd probably say nice things about each other all the time. "Do you like the new tattoo mate?" "Nah.... I loooove it!"
(did you mean complement? :wink:)

We haven't made a signing this big since... Duncan Shearer! :crazy:

Edited by AlexJones
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, AlexJones said:

They'd probably say nice things about each other all the time. "Do you like the new tattoo mate?" "Nah.... I loooove it!"

Whoops! :lol:

1 hour ago, AlexJones said:

We haven't made a signing this big since... Duncan Shearer! :crazy:

That combination would take me back to Falkirk's, Stokes / Latapy days and what a pain in the erse they were against us. 

With a Stokes Storey partnership, I'm sure me and Sneckboy would love to compliment the both of them. Or maybe they could compliment each other over a nice hot bowl of soup. :wink:

He has always done well under Hughes, although Celtic pay his wages he really will have a point to prove that he deserves better than spending his Saturdays on the bench or in the stand.

Would be a good bit of business to complete season 21.

I'd be very happy with Stokes. On paper he is a goal getter. Of course he's had his controversy. That's pretty much part n parcel of being a striker who plays for both hibs and Celtic. And being out of the team means he might be initially rusty. But if Yogi can get his head screwed on right he could bang in those dozen goals that get us in a European spot and a long cup run. We've often been a good club (and area) for players who have maybe lost their way to regroup and refocus and get their form back. If Stokes can get his form back here then it puts him in the shop window and helps us score goals. Mutually beneficial.

The comments from John Collins today were certainly quite encouraging in that ICT seem to be Celtic's preferred destination, but it really depends if the player wants to come here or not.   http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35265183

If the mooted moves do come to fruition, we'll have done very well in this transfer window to have Lopez out and Stokez in.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ICTRoughi said:

Wishful thinking but I hope they can add Scott Allan into the mix aswell to replace Ryan Christie.

Unfortunately SPFL rules prohibit more than one player going on loan between 2 clubs in the same division. Part of the reason we couldn't get anyone on loan from Celtic as part of Ryan deal.

• Agree 1

One final thought regarding the Stokes loan. I wouldn't put it past Celtic to put him in the team on Sunday against Stranraer making him ineligible for us should we progress to the next round of the Scottish Cup. 

Edited by ICTRoughi

1 hour ago, ICTRoughi said:

One final thought regarding the Stokes loan. I wouldn't put it past Celtic to put him in the team on Sunday against Stranraer making him ineligible for us should we progress to the next round of the Scottish Cup. 

No need to do that.  There would be a standard clause in any agreement to prevent him playing against Celtic.  In any case, Celtic would probably want us to be as strong as possible to knock out other sides like Aberdeen before any possibility of us meeting them again.  It would not be in their interest to have Stokes cup-tied before sending him out on loan.

5 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

No need to do that.  There would be a standard clause in any agreement to prevent him playing against Celtic.  In any case, Celtic would probably want us to be as strong as possible to knock out other sides like Aberdeen before any possibility of us meeting them again.  It would not be in their interest to have Stokes cup-tied before sending him out on loan.

No need for any clause either.  SPFL rules state......

During the term of a temporary transfer the Player concerned shall not Play against the transferor Club in a: (i) League Match; (ii) Play-Off Match; (iii) League Cup Match; (iv) match in the Challenge Cup; or (v) match in the Scottish Cup.

I hope the Chairman has the sense to say no chance, we don't need Stoke's baggage at our club. This is a guy who because of his attitude can't get a place in a really poor Celtic side. The Hibs fans were not exactly distraught to see the back of him despite his goals and neither are Celtic.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?251689-Tom-English-on-Anthony-Stokes

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 6

ICT Twitter account has just said that we have signed Alex Fisher until the end of the season with an option for another year.

EDIT: And he's available to play in the game today.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 1

Looking at his stats, he could be just the person we need to play just behind/in front or along side Miles. Has quite a few goals in him and at least he's match fit having played 22 games for torquay this season. Also it seems he's trained at the glenn hoddle academy. Quite a few decent players have come through there, ikechi anya is instantly one that springs to mind

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

On 07/01/2016 at 7:02 PM, Renegade said:

What about Miles Hippolyte?  He's got the pace out wide that we really need especially with Doran out and he's got a great long throw.  Seemingly we were keen in the summer but couldn't do a deal.

I can confirm that a bid of £250,000 has been made to Livi for Miles Hippolyte.

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

Praying that we are after some kind of wide midfielder / winger with a creative spark and some pace.

Instead of Stokes, we should look at getting Gary Mackay-Stevens on loan.