January transfer window.

Guest Shaun

An interesting decision for Stokes if it really is in his hands. My guess is that he wouldn't "lower himself" to play for a diddy team (Scottish Cup Champions), preferring instead to go to the bigger team - Hibs in the Championship. I see this as a win-win: If he comes here, he's coming to get game time and to stick it up Deila; if he doesn't he's as shallow as I think he is and Inverness is not for him. Let's see what he does....

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Ten4 said:

Hope all this Stokes crap hadn't been distracting the team from winning the cup tie. On second thoughts maybe it has. 

I'm sorry but I seriously doubt the players really give a feck if a Celtic player joins our team on loan. 

4 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Yes. this thread does appear to getting longer--a case of some folks stoking the fire I suppose?:smile: 

:lol: Yeah, and it's still got three-weeks to go!
But much of the drama happens in the final day(s)! Not sure of the exact closing date of the 'window', but a quick glance at the net suggests it shuts at 11pm on 1st Feb in England. It's been good so far - extending Storey's loan and getting a new striker in.

58 minutes ago, Shaun said:

If we can't get Stokes or Hippolyte in then I'd like Darren Murray to be signed because he is on the transfer market by Shamrock.

“I rate Darren as a top striker, so he’ll not go cheap,” said McFall.

Read more: http://www.newsletter.co.uk/sport/football-news/irish-league-want-away-darren-murray-won-t-go-cheap-insists-portadown-boss-ronnie-mcfall-1-7148158#ixzz3wzN6WHDu

So how is that going to work then?

7 hours ago, Shaun said:

If we can't get Stokes or Hippolyte in then I'd like Darren Murray to be signed because he is on the transfer market by Shamrock.

You're quite taken with Darren Murray aren't you?  I'm heard on the grapevine that we were willing to pay a small(ish) fee for him if he impressed in his trial.  Seemingly he didn't and so we didn't.

Edited by Renegade

10 hours ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Anyway, poor lad would have found it too cold for him, sitting on our bench at the Longman.

Haven't seen confirmation of this-----still a rumour?

As I suspected it is just a rumour that Stokes is going to Hibs, He may well do so yet though as according to Celtic there are still a number of Clubs looking to sign him on loan.The matter is still being discussed between The Club and Stokes and a decision will eventually be made when agreement is reached on what move is mutually beneficial. These are not the words used as I cannot remember them clearly but an interpretation of what was said.

Edited by bughtmaster
latest on the subject

There's no point in Stokes coming here unless he really wants to come and I don't get that impression from what's been speculated in the press. I would prefer it, however, if he didn't go to any of our Premiership rivals!

• Agree 2