January transfer window.

Guest Shaun

1 minute ago, Kingsmills said:

Especially if we could manage to secure them both for a couple of seasons.

Will be interesting to hear how this plays out. Heard he was offered £600p/w from us but I'd take that with a pinch of salt. 

8 hours ago, Renegade said:

Notice in that article, not one of the quotes from Hughes mentions Ofere by name.  Could well just be a case of the Sun putting two and two together.

And is anyone else bored of Mahonio's made up transfer rumours?  It's cringeworthy stuff.

i tell you what is cringeworthy, someone battering someone else down all the time. I don't agree with 99% of what he says but I just scroll past. Maybe you could do the same?

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 3

12 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

The real question is not whether Aidan Connolly would come to us but whether we would want to take a risk on a player who can't hold down a place in the very worst side in the league and who has scored one single first team goal in over thirty first team appearances over three seasons ?

Lewis Grabban couldn't get in the Motherwell team once upon a time. He's just signed for Bournemouth for £8 million. The quality of a player can only flourish within the right environment. Connolly looks a prospect and we could do a lot worse than giving someone like him a chance

11 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

IWe will have received a payment in excess of £80,000 as a result of SKY's somewhat surprising decision to broadcast the Stirling Albion replay. That's a sum that we would not have been expecting or budgeting for.

We are a long way yet from being clear of the threat of relegation via the play off spot in a very tight section of the league. I sincerely hope that before the window closes we will use that windfall to bring in a quality addition to the squad to give us an edge over those sides around us.

I wasn't surprised by Sky's decision.  They were looking for a big upset; wee part-time team knocking the cup holders out!

• Agree 4

Guest ImmortalSquid
1 hour ago, scottbamby said:

Lewis Grabban couldn't get in the Motherwell team once upon a time. He's just signed for Bournemouth for £8 million. The quality of a player can only flourish within the right environment. Connolly looks a prospect and we could do a lot worse than giving someone like him a chance

Slight problem there, Aidan Connolly has signed for Raith.

I agree that Ofere and Storey would be a great partnership :ictscarf::ictscarf:

Songo'o would also be a good signing too.

A quick transfer update.  The Inverness Courier linking Ali Sutherland with a loan stint at Elgin due to lack of game time, it says he's only played 55 minutes this season.

With us still being firmly in the relegation mix, with Storey being a little out of sorts as far as goal scoring is concerned and Fisher suffering his unfortunate and possibly long term injury it is vital that we pull out all the stops to bring in an experienced striker before the window slams shut.

On 22/01/2016 at 2:20 PM, RiG said:

I see Andy Shinnie has joined Rotheram on loan. Wonder if we could have gone for him and brought him back north?

Haven't yet seen confirmation on either club's website that this deal has gone through.  Wonder if there has been a hitch, or change of plan?

51 minutes ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Haven't yet seen confirmation on either club's website that this deal has gone through.  Wonder if there has been a hitch, or change of plan?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/10143105/neil-redfearn-admits-rotherham-are-clogged-up-in-a-transfer-chain-in-their-pursuit-of-andrew-shinnie

3 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

With us still being firmly in the relegation mix, with Storey being a little out of sorts as far as goal scoring is concerned and Fisher suffering his unfortunate and possibly long term injury it is vital that we pull out all the stops to bring in an experienced striker before the window slams shut.

And where do you get an experienced striker (who scores goals) on this club's budget? 

35 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

That's where a shrewd manager with useful contacts should come into play..

Are you saying we don't have a shrewd manager with useful contacts? Any manager no matter how shrewd with the best of contacts needs MONEY! so let's not put all the blame on our manager

• Agree 3

16 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

Are you saying we don't have a shrewd manager with useful contacts? Any manager no matter how shrewd with the best of contacts needs MONEY! so let's not put all the blame on our manager

I am certainly suggesting that if he has useful contacts we have yet to see much evidence of them when it comes to recruitment and no team in Scotland with the exception of Celtic and to a lesser extent, Aberdeen has MONEY !

Edited by Kingsmills

9 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I am certainly suggesting that if he has useful contacts we have yet to see much evidence of them when it comes to recruitment and no team in Scotland with the exception of Celtic and to a lesser extent, Aberdeen has MONEY !

While not many teams have money for transfers, plenty have money to pay better wages than we can to get players,

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, RiG said:

Is Hughes working with a lesser budget than Butcher was? 

I'm sure Hughes suggested in the pre-season that his budget was cut from last season.  I would an educated guess that it is.

I kept saying it in the Summer window and I'm going to keep saying it this window, we need to try and buy Faissal El-Bahktaoui. He looks to have so much potential and apparently looked decent against County. 

Being reported that we have Cambridge 6"4 attacking midfielder Liam Hughes on trial (who played 160 times for Cambridge and is still only 23) along with former Spurs youth product Colombian striker Victor Zapata on trial.

The Courier are also saying that Ofere will not be returning. :sad:

Edited by Renegade

Two ICT u20 players are going out on loan to Fort William apparently, thanks to Duncan Shearer wanting to help out his old club. Not sure who they are though. 

Rumours that Ali Sutherland is going to go on loan at Elgin City as well. 

• Agree 1