January transfer window.

Guest Shaun

2 hours ago, RossP said:

Two ICT u20 players are going out on loan to Fort William apparently, thanks to Duncan Shearer wanting to help out his old club. Not sure who they are though.  

Kane Hull and Stephen Rennie according to the Lochaber News.

It's gone very quiet regarding a loan move for Yann Songo'o so I think an apology is needed because, I told you guys he wouldn't be coming but, as usual, I'm the bad guy for saying that :ictscarf: !!

Edited by Shaun

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

It's gone very quiet regarding a loan move for Yann Songo'o so I think an apology is needed because, I told you guys he wouldn't be coming but, as usual, I'm the bad guy for saying that :ictscarf: !!

The ironic thing is you're the only poster to mention a possible loan regarding Yann Songo'o :blink:

• Agree 1

Guest ImmortalSquid

Do you guys think we'll sign Victor Zapata-Caicedo and/or Liam Hughes and if so, do you expect more in before Monday's deadline?

On 28 January 2016 at 2:41 PM, RossP said:

Two ICT u20 players are going out on loan to Fort William apparently, thanks to Duncan Shearer wanting to help out his old club. Not sure who they are though. 

Rumours that Ali Sutherland is going to go on loan at Elgin City as well. 

Its kane hull and stephen rennie who are going to fort willaim

• Disagree 1

Well, Brora seems to  be having a magic season. Who would have thunk it?

Why them, pray? --is it a question of Directors with lots of money available and high ambitions perhaps?

Loaning Caley players (sorry--Caley thistle players I mean.:wink:) to them could be of great benefit to our team.?

Following up on Renegade's post, Duncan Shearer is from Fort William. Strangely, since he, Donald Park and John McGinley went onto make names in football, despite being from there, I can't think of anyone who has made the grade as a professional.

The local team struggle, partly as the pitch is rarely playable in the winter, whilst shinty has a strong foothold.

14 hours ago, Robert said:

Following up on Renegade's post, Duncan Shearer is from Fort William. Strangely, since he, Donald Park and John McGinley went onto make names in football, despite being from there, I can't think of anyone who has made the grade as a professional.

The local team struggle, partly as the pitch is rarely playable in the winter, whilst shinty has a strong foothold.

Duncan's brother David was a tremendous player as well, played for Middlesbrough, Wigan, Grimsby, Gillingham, Bournemouth, Scunthorpe and Darlington amongst others.

• Agree 1

The window closes tonight and such is the level of excitement among our fans that we have resorted to searching our memory banks for footballers who may have come from the other end of the Great Glen.

I have a feeling that the TCS may not be exactly besieged by journalists this evening anxious to be first to get a glance of the new arrivals

23 minutes ago, Dan Clark said:

Attacking midfielder Liam Hughes has paved the way for a move to Inverness Caledonian Thistle, cancelling his contract with Cambridge United.

That's a relief. I thought we might dip below our reserves of 20 midfielders. 

• Agree 3