January transfer window.

Guest Shaun

4 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

People really should check before making assumptions.....as the club DID NOT post the comment.  I posted the comment, and not on the club account, in response to several Aberdeen fans asking if they would also be making an offer for the guy who does ICTFC's Twitter account.

Angus the Bull for Caley D seems like a good bit of business.....

Tansey for me is the most vital player in the squad and is without a doubt my favourite player. This deal wouldn't surprise me though and this would be the most gutting loss of them all. 

If hughes has thought it through and the club do sell Tansey then I hope we're going to use the money and try for a decent midfielder before midnight! I don't know much about Stuart bannigan or Abdul osman but some tell me they're both decent midfielders! Could the money be used to buy one of these? I think both are out of contract in the summer so it could happen 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

People really should check before making assumptions.....as the club DID NOT post the comment.  I posted the comment, and not on the club account, in response to several Aberdeen fans asking if they would also be making an offer for the guy who does ICTFC's Twitter account.

Retweeted on the official account, which is what led to the confusion I'd expect. 

Still not a genius move under the circumstances. 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, jagster said:

Not sure what to believe TBH. The story seems reasonably credible, except, if Tansey has a release clasue and Aberdeen meet it, I would imagine it's impossible for ICt to stand in the way of negotiations, unless the player himself doesn't want to go (which I'd love to think is the case, but doubt given the likely wage rise).

12 minutes ago, HawkeyeTheGnu said:

Retweeted on the official account, which is what led to the confusion I'd expect. 

Still not a genius move under the circumstances. 

Or maybe people should just stop with the knicker wetting......assuming they're more than 3 years old.

• Disagree 3

33 minutes ago, scottbamby said:

I hate to say it, but if Tansey leaves we are genuine relegation candidates. He's so integral to everything we do. £200k is a pathetic transfer fee in relation to his importance.

A week ago on the "Player of the season to date" topic, you said:

On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 10:24 AM, scottbamby said:

Between Miles Storey and Liam Polworth for me. Tansey was really poor at the start of the season and hasn't been anywhere near his best.

Just saying.....!

• Agree 2

18 minutes ago, DEANO96 said:

Sky sports has just confirmed that we've accepted Aberdeens offer :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

OK, this season is imploding, if this is confirmed. We still haven't recovered from BMck leaving at this time last season and again, it looks like we'll gain financially, but lose out on the field. By the time we next play (coincidentally, against Aberdeen), we could easily be in (or close to) the play-off spot thanks to other teams having played games in-between times. Cash in the bank will count for nought if we're in the Championship.

Michael Higdon has been released by Sheffield United - he used to score regularly at TCS, maybe we could soften the blow with getting him in?

21 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

Or maybe people should just stop with the knicker wetting......assuming they're more than 3 years old.

How dare we voice our displeasure over one of our star players being sold. I mean who cares about the performance of the club?

• Agree 3

29 minutes ago, DEANO96 said:

Sky sports has just confirmed that we've accepted Aberdeens offer :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

If the release clause has been met we have no choice. Now its up to the player to decide what he wants to do. 

7 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

If its now public and the release  fee really is as low as £200k then i suspect there may be other clubs making offers too. If he goes it may not even be the dons a player of this quality at such a bargain price could create more interest.

I sense that the club will get slated for having a release fee "as low as 200K" .... Considering that ICT have never been known for release clauses AT ALL in the past, and I have no clue if they were in any other contracts (certainly dont remember anyone being sold after meeting any quoted figure before), I think it may be safe to assume that the player or his agent had a hand in setting this figure as a condition of him re-signing with us in the first place. 

• Agree 1

Lets just hope the Chairman has another Miles Storey up his sleeve, because it seems the only succesful signing we have had in the last wee while didnt actually come through Yogi, Scarey thought 

Edited by mikeyrob73

Scotsman quote:

"4.25pm: It is rumoured Inverness are trying to put the kibosh on Greg Tansey’s move to Aberdeen by refusing to let the player speak to his potential new club. Aberdeen have reportedly triggered a release clause with an offer of £200,000, but they must get the deal done before 11pm to sign the player before the window closes. Inverness want to keep Tansey until the end of the season at least, and could be looking to stall the deal by any means possible.

Surely not possible to do that?

3 minutes ago, lightlamp2 said:

How dare we voice our displeasure over one of our star players being sold. I mean who cares about the performance of the club?

What are you on about?  I think you'll find my criticism was in regards to a tweet being wrongly accredited to the club and nothing whatsoever to do with people's thoughts on the Greg Tansey situation.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Scotty said:

If the release clause has been met we have no choice.

Payment terms might be valid grounds, though, and are surely the reason why the deal hasn't gone through yet.

If Aberdeen's offer is £200,000 to be spread over 1000 years, would we have to accept?! I certainly hope not, but we don't know the exact wording of the clause, or the offer, so all we can do is speculate.

• Agree 1

£200,000 for a 27 year old is good business. Don't see how anyone can criticize the club in this instance. Ideally we'd have gotten a bigger fee, but at the same time Tansey could easily have left for nothing if we hadn't nailed him down to a contract. The release fee is fair to both parties IMO. Tansey is one of our better players this season, but he hasn't exactly been carrying us. We have a glut of central midfielders to fill the void. (Vincent, Draper, Vigurs, Polworth, Foran, Wedderburn, Roberts). If anything I think Aberdeen have missed a trick, for me Draper is our midfield lynchpin. His style might not be as easy on the eye or as flash as Tansey but it's effective. 

Hopefully the void left by Tansey creates a vacuum for others to grow into. Yogi seemed to make Tansey a focal point of most of our passing moves. Can see the likes of Vigurs now relishing the prospect of more touches of the ball and creative license in a revamped midfield. 

• Disagree 1

Let's not forget that we mainly deal in the "out of contract" or "free" market so the window isn't that important as far as new signings are concerned. It's more a period when we have to hope that we don't lose any of our decent players.

• Agree 1

I'm not sure how anyone can see £200k for a player who when you watch him has possibly the best passing range in the league is good business. At 27 and 18 months left on a contract it's hugely under value. The accuracy and way he can ping account ball about is a skill missing too much in the Scottish game, add to that his free kick and long range shooting in tight games and unshakeable nerve show by his excellent penalty record even in huge games. He's a valuable member of our team and I think the board will regret that clause. 

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 1