January transfer window.

Guest Shaun

27 minutes ago, bughtmaster said:

Butcher had many more English connections bound to make a difference.

I know that Butcher used an agent from England to get players up to Inverness. Given the latest two signings, I do wonder if said agent still cooperates with the club. 

25 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Hughes doesn't seem to have many useful Scottish connections either.....

John Collins would be one, but it hasn't worked in terms of players coming in. 

3 hours ago, ICTRoughi said:

I know that Butcher used an agent from England to get players up to Inverness. Given the latest two signings, I do wonder if said agent still cooperates with the club. 

John Collins would be one, but it hasn't worked in terms of players coming in. 

Might be better seeing if Joan Collins can source us any players...

• Disagree 1

"Hear all, see all and say nowt, uncle Jim?"

"Aye, laddie, that's the best policy the noo.    We'll hiv tae wait until the smoke clears so, meanwhile, jist haud yer wheesht. Aye!

But thon Aiberdeen disnae seem tae be oor freends ony more, wee wullie. What with continually targeting oor players it's like thon dangerous wee fox whose always raiding oor henrun, so it is. You dinnae shoot him out of concern for his welfare in a tight forest but he still disnae understaun the merit of helping ane anither-- jist raid and wreck more like. Aye! Not what you expect from a friendly neighboor, more like a lurking pirate named Long Johhnie Silver 'cos he's got t he siller and we dinnae.  Aye! Sic a scunner, no less.

But wait, wee Willie, ane day, laddie, ane day we'll see them aff, so we will. That is, if oor herts are nae broken before then. With freens like thaaat who needs enemies, like?

Aye!"

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, ICTRoughi said:

Steve Marsella was the scout Butcher used to get players up from down south, Last time i heard he was with Grimsby Town.   Dont know if he's helping Yogi now tho'...

5 hours ago, AJS said:

A number of good players were freed on deadline day so I'm hoping we may land someone out with the transfer window. 

Yes, hopefully we will get the left back, winger and striker we have been needing for some time now. 

I'm beginning to think, with Alex Fisher's injury and no other striker brought in (despite a reported desire for one), not retaining Tobi Sho-Silva even after he'd expressed a desire to stay will turn out to be the wrong move.  He never really was given enough of a chance IMO.

13 minutes ago, Renegade said:

I'm beginning to think, with Alex Fisher's injury and no other striker brought in (despite a reported desire for one), not retaining Tobi Sho-Silva even after he'd expressed a desire to stay will turn out to be the wrong move.  He never really was given enough of a chance IMO.

Agree. I thought he looked decent when he came on against Hearts. He never really got another chance through injury or Mutombo being the preference off the bench. JH can't have rated him for whatever reason, but I do ask the Q: What happens if Storey gets injured?

It is actually pretty worrying.  Apart from Sho-Silva we have departed company with Lopez, the promising Callum Ferguson appears to have disappeared from the face of the earth, young MacRae is not ready for this level yet and Foran is not going to regain the speed and sharpness for a striker role even if he can re-establish a place in the side.  Despite all this, Ali Sutherland has  been put out on loan to Brora which does suggest that Yogi was confident of bringing someone in.  Indeed, a couple of weeks ago he seemed quite upbeat about the chances of getting someone in, perhaps on loan, by the end of January.  Clearly nothing has happened and with Fisher injured, there is really nobody else in the squad who can lead the line.  Sure Mutombo can score goals, but his strength seems to be playing wider and creating space by taking defenders on.

We are far too heavily dependent on Storey.  I am not yet at the stage of starting a "bring back Andy Barrowman" campaign, but I am definitely worried.

5 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

It is actually pretty worrying.  Apart from Sho-Silva we have departed company with Lopez, the promising Callum Ferguson appears to have disappeared from the face of the earth, young MacRae is not ready for this level yet and Foran is not going to regain the speed and sharpness for a striker role even if he can re-establish a place in the side.  Despite all this, Ali Sutherland has  been put out on loan to Brora which does suggest that Yogi was confident of bringing someone in.  Indeed, a couple of weeks ago he seemed quite upbeat about the chances of getting someone in, perhaps on loan, by the end of January.  Clearly nothing has happened and with Fisher injured, there is really nobody else in the squad who can lead the line.  Sure Mutombo can score goals, but his strength seems to be playing wider and creating space by taking defenders on.

We are far too heavily dependent on Storey.  I am not yet at the stage of starting a "bring back Andy Barrowman" campaign, but I am definitely worried.

Callum Ferguson has a back injury.

1 hour ago, gingerjaggy said:

Well it wont be Eddie Ofere anyway as he is off to tannadice 

Disappointing seeing him go to another SPFL club, we know he can score goals in this league and sadly we will see him paired with Billy in a strike paring I think every one of us would have loved to see last season.

• Agree 1

sounds like we were talking to him during the window but from Yogi's reaction at the time it sounds like the second we started talking privately his agent or someone in his camp leaked it to the press in the hope of getting a better offer. Yogi basically said at that point that we were no longer interested. I agree with Yogi on this one

• Agree 1