January transfer window.

Guest Shaun

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Not a single quote in that article suggests we are making a move. You've got to love journalists some times.

You're absolutely right there, the lack of quotes or source makes it look like a lazy journalist just filling column inches - BUT it is interesting to note that the Scotsman and Express are running with the same story.

Can't see Stokes coming to us unless Celtic are paying all his wages. We would be stupid to pay a massive amount on Stokes for 4 months. 

I think we'd be better looking elsewhere IMO. 

Edited by ICTRoughi

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

You're absolutely right there, the lack of quotes or source makes it look like a lazy journalist just filling column inches - BUT it is interesting to note that the Scotsman and Express are running with the same story.

The Hootsman article is just a rehash of the Daily Mail piece. Again, no quotes other than those from Hughes months ago saying that Stokes was a good lad or something like that.

I reckon there could be something to that story possibly relating to Celtic recalling Christie early. Perhaps there was a gentleman's agreement between the managers that he would stay at Inverness till the end of the season, but Celtic's abysmal form has panicked them to expedite his arrival. The most logical outcome would be to send us someone else in his place. Stokes being the most obvious choice.  

Yogi has confirmed that we have approached Celtic regarding a loan for Stokes. I must admit a partnership of both Stokes and Storey would be a interesting pair and probably would compliment each other. Like I said in my earlier post, I'm struggling to see how we could financially take Stokes on loan unless Celtic still owe us money from the Ryan Christie deal. 

35 minutes ago, ICTRoughi said:

Yogi has confirmed that we have approached Celtic regarding a loan for Stokes. I must admit a partnership of both Stokes and Storey would be a interesting pair and probably would compliment each other. Like I said in my earlier post, I'm struggling to see how we could financially take Stokes on loan unless Celtic still owe us money from the Ryan Christie deal. 

Source? Not doubting you but it would be good to know where this has been reported.

EDIT: On the STV website - http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/inverness/1338256-inverness-ct-boss-confirms-loan-approach-for-celtics-anthony-stokes/

Edited by RiG

I was hopeful that there would be an agreement in place for us to loan a player if they took Christie back in January. GMS or C.MacGregor would've been my realistic preference at that time, but Stokes would be a fair coup! Even the likes of that 'Wonderkid' Aidan Nesbitt on loan would be a better option in the attacking positions than Lopez and Sho-Silva. 

Talking of Sho-Silva, I wonder if the Stirling game is the last chance for him to 'make his mark'? Have to assume he'll be away. Haven't seen enough to of him to make a judgement, but I won't lose much sleep if he goes.

• Disagree 2

51 minutes ago, Sneckboy said:

Talking of Sho-Silva, I wonder if the Stirling game is the last chance for him to 'make his mark'? Have to assume he'll be away. Haven't seen enough to of him to make a judgement, but I won't lose much sleep if he goes.

No.........Tobi has returned to Charlton. Confirmed by ICTFC Twitter

• Agree 1

What about Miles Hippolyte?  He's got the pace out wide that we really need especially with Doran out and he's got a great long throw.  Seemingly we were keen in the summer but couldn't do a deal.

stokes is like griffiths and  riordan they have to be managed correctly. When Hughes took him from Arsenal it looked like a disaster waiting to happen and look what happened . Stokes has a respect for Hughes and I am sure Penny Cameron will not be throwing money about willy  nilly . 4 months with a previously £5m rated player sounds like a no brainer as we would have our very own SAS hit squad.Stokes and Storey

4 minutes ago, rocky1 said:

stokes is like griffiths and  riordan they have to be managed correctly. When Hughes took him from Arsenal it looked like a disaster waiting to happen and look what happened . Stokes has a respect for Hughes and I am sure Penny Cameron will not be throwing money about willy  nilly . 4 months with a previously £5m rated player sounds like a no brainer as we would have our very own SAS hit squad.Stokes and Storey

He who dares Rocky he who dares

Behind Storey and threading passes through to his younger quicker striking partner  the very thought excites me . Also may get a few tic fans to come along as he was a bit of a cult figure at parkhead for a while so bigger names and bigger crowd ( I wish) 

3 hours ago, Alex MacLeod said:

No.........Tobi has returned to Charlton. Confirmed by ICTFC Twitter

Good report, Alex!
Surprised there's not been more 'reaction' to this.
Great news! I'm pleased he's gone - no place at our club for spittters or injury-feigning cheats. (hang your heads in shame, those who defended his diving antics - and there were many. Now that he's no longer 'one of ours' do you still think it fair if a player goes down 'because the ref would otherwise have missed 'it''? )

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 4

28 minutes ago, Sneckboy said:

Good report, Alex!
Great news! I'm pleased he's gone - no place at our club for spittters or injury-feigning cheats. (hang your heads in shame, those who defended his diving antics - and there were many. Now that he's no longer 'one of ours' do you still think it fair if a player goes down 'because the ref would otherwise have missed 'it''? )

Think you may have the wrong player!!

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, Sneckboy said:

Good report, Alex!
Great news! I'm pleased he's gone

Likewise, only saw a breif glimpse but offered nothing, Mutumbo is another who although he has an exciting name does nothing in his fleeting appearances - he runs about a lot but nowhere near the ball and never towards it.

As for Hibs after Stokes that has been suggested since before xmas when him and Allen were touted as being the Hibs signing coup this window

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 3