Miles Storey latest

medievalmickey

The club has not been the most adept at hanging onto our own players during transfer windows, especially when it comes to those out of contract at the end of the season who we have lost for pennies in the window or for nothing come the end of the season. Time for us to use those negative experiences to our own advantage, to cough up a few quid for the remainder of Storey's contract, and to offer him a decent contract with us. 

• Agree 2

Now that I agree with especially the give him a contract part.

WE are now a top Scottish Club and in order to stay that way we have got to speculate, we don't have to go overboard but we must try to make better use of our main assets than we have in the past. When John took over we saw good contracts given to main players I was hoping that trend would continue but we are being much too hesitant in securing our players.

I have no idea whether or not offers have already been made and the players or their agents are stalling hence the hold up. If so we can't do much about that but if it is the Club that is not forthcoming with contracts, then as Scotty says, we are losing good money by giving them away for pennies------------------or less!!

• Agree 1

Here is the full article in the Swindon Advertiser where chairman Lee Power talks about the future of Miles Storey

THE future of Swindon Town’s two strikers Miles Storey and Michael Smith is still undecided according to chairman Lee Power.

The duo have had contrasting experiences away from the County Ground, with Storey having netted seven times during his time at Inverness Caledonian Thistle, while Smith failed to find the goal for Barnsley, having made just one substitute appearance since mid-November.

Lee Johnson will not be extending Smith’s stay at Oakwell, with the 24-year-old due back with Swindon next week, while Storey will only stay in Scotland if both clubs can come to a sensible arrangement.

“I know Miles would like to stay up in Scotland so we are in talks with them at the moment to see whether we can extend his loan until the end of the season,” Power told BBC Wiltshire, as he looks to reduce the numbers of the squad during the January transfer window.

“We have got Smithy (Michael Smith) looking to come back the first week of January.

“Until they come back it is very difficult.

“We have had people phone up and certain teams want to buy certain people, both Miles and Smith we’ve had clubs on for.

“Miles wants to stay there and he has done brilliantly up there.

“We’re loaning players and we have to pay the going rate and certain things and that is what we are in negotiations with Inverness over.

“Hopefully, if everyone is fair, then he will stay there until the end of the season.

“He is out of contract then. We’ll re-engage him again because he is under the age stipulation and then we’ll take it from there.”

With Momar Bangoura already being let go by the club, Power has suggested that more will leave before he sits down to sort out who needs bringing in.

Share article

“We’ll sit down and go through what we need to do then, but you can only do that once you know you have moved on or sold certain other people,” he added.

“There were 28 training so it needs to be narrowed down a little bit.”

• Agree 1

That's a thing that no one should ever bring to anyone's attention.

Few options available just now and if they won't play ball and he wants to be here next season then the last throw of the dice is a precontract agreement, which will deter any transfers in January unless it's in our direction.

39 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

That's a thing that no one should ever bring to anyone's attention.

Few options available just now and if they won't play ball and he wants to be here next season then the last throw of the dice is a precontract agreement, which will deter any transfers in January unless it's in our direction.

That would be a rare thing us signing a player on that but it would be a good option!

The Swindon Advertiser fell out with Lee Power sometime back so their articles are basically rehashed local radio interviews.

Miles has never been a regular at Swindon but few will forget his back heeled goal against Aston Villa. His spell with you is by far the best of his career. Many down here will simply say that the level of Scottish Premier League is so poor that if he can't perform there then he can't do it anywhere.(???).

The truth is he wants to be with you and I don't think that Lee Power will deliberately scupper a move. Lee apparently played , at Hibernian, with Yogi so they know one another. Miles is one of several loan players whose deals expire at Swindon in the next few days which could explain delay. It appears that under league rules no player can play for more than two teams in a season so Miles can only sign on a permanent deal for any other club other than yours.

• Agree 2

Miles signing for us would make sense for a number of reasons. The Swindon squad as mentioned above at twenty eight is a big wage bill every week. Miles has said he wants to stay, play's week in week out, has loads of press/television coverage (a good thing for his long term future IMO), loved by Caley fans for his skills, who chant his name in appreciation. Cheers to Medievalmickey for the info on what's happening down south. Apart from that it's down to the bean counters to make this happen!.

Thanks CaleyMax.

Down here he had little media coverage, rarely played, and is generally dismissed by the fan base.

He was not given a squad number at season start, is not listed as a player on the official website and never played in the role he does for you. Run the opposition ragged? No chance. Play him as a lone centre forward or out wide and never give him the ball.

I doubt he will play for us again and truly hope that our loss is your gain.

• Agree 3

15 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Their chairman seems ignorant of the fact that if he moves to a club in Scotland at the end of his contract rather than staying in England there will be no fee payable.

I dont know, and cant find info on, the rules for development payments but this article from a few years ago appears to suggest there is cross association rules now in place as set by EU courts. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8570329.stm

36 minutes ago, medievalmickey said:

Thanks CaleyMax.

Down here he had little media coverage, rarely played, and is generally dismissed by the fan base.

He was not given a squad number at season start, is not listed as a player on the official website and never played in the role he does for you. Run the opposition ragged? No chance. Play him as a lone centre forward or out wide and never give him the ball.

I doubt he will play for us again and truly hope that our loss is your gain.

Kind of feel a tad sorry for the lad. Nothing worse than being full of beans & not getting the opportunity to play the game, frustrating to say the least. Seems to have fitted into the team & the style of football we play. After last season's success we lost some key player's & never replaced Billy McKay. I think Miles could do well here, so hopefully your prediction comes true!.

22 minutes ago, Alex MacLeod said:

I dont know, and cant find info on, the rules for development payments but this article from a few years ago appears to suggest there is cross association rules now in place as set by EU courts. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8570329.stm

We wouldn't be offering Storey his first pro contract, so those rules don't come into play.

We are a tightly run club, and don't like overpaying or going into the red, but Miles is a really great investment who will repay the relatively modest sum it would take to make Swindon happy. So I hope the club appreciate the value of investing for the future, and the difference between him and our other signings this season. There is no comparison. Take the opportunity and don't be so timid.

Edited by The Long Man
  • Agree 2

20 minutes ago, Struan94 said:

If we are unable to sign Storey then surely Ched Evans has to be an option for us?

No thanks! No club has taken him on for obvious reasons.
There will be 'sympathisers' who'll claim he's paid-his-due, but if he ever returns to professional football, it will be to the huge detriment of that club's reputation.
We're a club that likes to promote a family atmosphere and doesn't condone rape. Although I know you clearly weren't in your post, and were looking at a football perspective.

• Agree 4

49 minutes ago, Struan94 said:

If we are unable to sign Storey then surely Ched Evans has to be an option for us?

I really hope you forgot to add the tongue in cheek emoticon there !

3 hours ago, Struan94 said:

Aaaaaah Caley's super troll is back in business!. His last post made a mighty -13 dislikes, can he break his record?? time will tell. Clever boy

As a devoted Christian i believe in second chances and forgiveness. Ill let you ponder this passage from the good lords book. Matthew 6:14-0 "For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."

References for Matthew 6:14

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 6

54 minutes ago, Struan94 said:

As a devoted Christian i believe in second chances and forgiveness. Ill let you ponder this passage from the good lords book. Matthew 6:14-0 "For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."

References for Matthew 6:14

As an agnostic and a decent human being I believe that religion is responsible for far too much of the world's ills today. I also believe in not taking advantage of drunken young women and raping them......I further believe that this section of the forum is for football related debate so if you wish to discuss matters theological please open a new thread in the appropriate section.

Or, on second thoughts, please don't !

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1