ff
AUDIO
TEXT
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
TO FOLLOW
Tweets by @ICTFC
  • Agree 1

NOTE: Updates for this game (Match Report, POY Poll etc) will not be online until later (unless one of the mods does it for me) as I will be away from the computer until later in the afternoon. 

• Agree 1

That's 5 games in a row that we have scored 2 or more goals, going 2-0 up in 4 of them.

Today we could really do with one of those 90 minutes performances that we've been longing for and perhaps even a clean sheet. Remember them?!

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

That's 5 games in a row that we have scored 2 or more goals, going 2-0 up in 4 of them.

Today we could really do with one of those 90 minutes performances that we've been longing for and perhaps even a clean sheet. Remember them?!

Yeah they were Brill.

• Agree 3

What an enjoyable way to celebrate the New Year with a win against County. Well done boys, hope you have fun celebrating tonight. I have to say that the atmosphere at the game today was amazing. Section E in the North Stand sang for the entire game - I'm sure it makes a difference to the players when they are starting to tire and the rest of us enjoyed the sing song too. Thanks. 

• Agree 4

Really good performance from the lads today. I thought from start to finish we were the better team with County producing next to nothing. In the car on the way home, Barry Wilson was saying that 2-0 flattered us at half time - totally disagree with that. 

The only criticism I have to make today that too many passes were getting led astray. Some of the players needed to up their awareness of what's around them but thankfully didn't create too much issue.

3 well deserved points and hopefully now the start of a massive jump up the league table. 

To echo the sentiments above, that was a highly satisfying result. 

Perhaps the most pleasing part was that we didn't try to sit back on a two goal lead and continued to try and play our football further up the park. County didn't really threaten apart from some long distance shots. 

Ive also finally worked out county's signing policy - if you are a horrible barsteward with a stupid name, then you're in. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

A great result, and sounds like we played pretty well, and kept a clean sheet when we most needed to.

Tansey again in the goals, and good to see Storey back on the score sheet.... it will be an excellent New Year if he gets signed on again.

Two points behind County and a game (albeit a tough away game) in hand

Thought we were awful first half. Couldn't string two passes together, and constantly giving the ball away. County had three excellent chances in the first 20 mins. No idea how we ended up going in 2-0 up at ht.

Second half much better, especially after Vigurs came on. County ran out of ideas, we could've added another couple with better finishing.

Good start to the year. Hopefully we can now put a few wins together.

• Agree 4

I think Barry Wilson was spot on when he said 2 nil flattered us. We scored the goals in the half we weren't very good in and failed to score in the half we absolutely dominated, County were out of idea's as to how to get through us in that second half though which was to our credit so can't complain. Great atmosphere in the North Stand today, awesome effort from the singing section along from me. Thought Storey put in a mega shift up front, Polworth showed up well again and  good performances from our entire back 4. It just wasn't Wedderburn's day today and he rightly came off. Sitting quite pretty in the league now after our recent form and with a game in hand we can put County back where they belong.

• Agree 1

Yes, in the first half things fell for us, despite County looking more dangerous although failing to bury any of their 3 or 4 decent chances. They were making inroads on the right against Tremarco and Wedderburn, who didn't look up to it and was wisely subbed early second half. After recent form, we were all expecting an onslaught in the second half with some nervy defending, but strangely it never came.  Caley actually improved, passing much better, dominating the game and unlucky not to score more. Storey was a joy to watch, his ball skills creating options on both flanks, twisting and turning, leaving defenders in his wake. County obviously missed Boyce, but I thought the hype was they were a team. I was actually surprised at how poor they were when they needed to step up. Great result for morale, and for things to come this year.

• Agree 3

• tm4tj unpinned this topic