Scotty

My 100th game at TCS and very appropriate with a routine 2-0 dismantling of the wee team, just like visit no 1 :lol:

Not a classic Derby but the North Stand was fairly buzzing :twothumbsup:

Biggest positive for me was the defence, no howlers like the ones which have summed up our season so far. I feared for us with Tremarco and Devine in and Meekings out but they coped confidently all afternoon and C(o)unty were pretty toothless.

Various factors mean that's only my 3rd home game this season but the craic in the Innes is as good as ever. I think accepting the offer of a bed off Caley100 is better than spending all day on the Megabus.

22 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

I feared for us with Tremarco and Devine in and Meekings out but they coped confidently all afternoon and C(o)unty were pretty toothless.

Very true but before we start to convince ourselves that our leaky defence is improving, let's remember that County's 2 main goalscorers were missing (20 goals between them so far).

For comparison, we wouldn't be much of a threat to anyone if you had to replace, say, Storey, Tansey and Polworth (17 between them).

15 hours ago, 12th Man said:

Highlights on website

2mins 20s on the Highland Derby.

4. 30 Strathclyde Derby

4.50 Killy Hearts

5.0 Dundee Derby

5.0 Celtic Partick.

WTF 

Am I right in saying that you don't have to pay a TV license if you don't watch live TV as I need to consider my options and decide if I'm getting value for money with the TV license.

What's next are they going to shut off the TV transmitter for the Highlands at 10:00 pm as we don't matter up here.

And, as a result of those games and a postponement, it was the only game played between 2 teams who are now sitting in the top six.

Good job there was a postponement otherwise we would only have got twenty seconds.

Most exciting teams in the league at the moment too, I think the OAM wallahs must be in charge of program, time per team , allocations and possibly live TV slots 'cause we don't get much of them either.

Edited by bughtmaster
missed out live

I was delighted with the win but I'm going to be greedy and say I wish we'd made the most of the second half! First half was more county's yet we got in 2-0 up...and for a nice change dominated the second half! But that's the sort of game we need to be capitalising on and scoring goals! 

However, enough of the negatives! Fantastic day, excellent turnout and we're on a we roll, currently unbeaten in 5! Don't want to get my hopes up to much but I can't help thinking that this time last year we were in 5th place and finished third! A long way to go, but if Hughes can keep them fit and have a good second half of the season then there's no reason why we can't challenge hearts for the European spot! 

On to next week and the defence of the Scottish cup begins...buzzing! :ictscarf:

• tm4tj unpinned this topic