Anthony Stokes

ferben1994

Its on bbc website that we are lookin to get him on loan for rest of season, so i thought i would put it in here.

Thoughts?

As much as i despise his sectarian  'links' (allegedly ) :wink: i would have him for a few months here and he would be surely wanting to play out of his skin to secure a club for next season

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

Since the BBC have lazily lifted the 'story' from the Daily Mail it might be worth waiting for something to emerge from a reliable source before offering comment.

Except this is the rumour mill part of the forum yeah.

For rumours

Noticed it being talked about in the main forum jan transfers thread after i posted it here also

Truly bizarre 

Proven SPL goal scorer with something to prove. If Yogi could control him and get him to play like he did at Falkirk or Hibs then great, but right now he is out of shape, short of game time and needs an attitude check. Depending on who pays his wages, Celtic - he's worth the risk - ICT and I'd rather see that pay for new deals.

• Agree 1

One tends to forget that the lad is still only 27.  He should be at the peak of powers at the moment.  If Yogi can do for him what McIntyre has done for Boyce OTB then getting Stokes on loan for the rest of the season could be a great bit of business for us.  It would also give the player the kind of confidence boost he needs.  Having said that, I personally doubt it will happen.

Surely if one's proven in a given field, then by definition, they've nothing to prove?! I guess it's open to interpretation.
Funnily enough, I was reading an interview with Ronnie O'Sullivan ahead of his competitive comeback at this weekends  Masters. He said something along the lines of, "I've nothing left to prove in snooker...but I still want to prove it!"  :smile: