David Bowie

tm4tj

I am calm nurse. It's not every day a talent such as this leaves our planet, although he tried his best a few times. He really was in a league of his own. I seldom played Bowie tracks, but I knew they were there. An era with Ziggy Stardust was a must have and his artistry, stage presence, grace, and genuine humbleness is something he can be proud of. One of the all time superstars of life in general and an extremely talented musician and song writer.

• Agree 1

In your collage, Manfer ,I detected a name unknown to me.----- The STRYPES.

Young yes, but the talent of this youths' band is quite incredible. The Cologne (Koln) gig was a revelation of precision, control and sheer outright, blistering talent. They never put a foot wrong nor missed a note or a beat.

The knock-out blow for me was when German interviewer asked them how they became so assured and professional-looking at their ages  and they replied that they were 19 years old and had been involved with music from the year of their birth. I think they had wealthy parents as well in Ireland who gave them a classical musical exposure because of their assurance and delivery capabilities. They perhaps did not have the mystique and look of the Beatles but in playing talent they exceeded them perhaps .

What happened to them , Mannie--do you know?

They are still on the go Scarlet. I saw them at T in the Park last summer and they were absolutely tremendous. They have got it all. Talent, image, attitude and youth. Plenty of video of them on youtube. They have been gigging since they were about 14 years old. They can all play other instruments, unusual in this age of fabrication and boy bands.