Joint Statement Regarding Pyro at Matches

As long as there is talk in the media about flares and smoke bombs it is likely to continue.  I was searched the last time we were in Dingwall and I am nearer 60 than 50 I think it was just random like today.  If there are no more smoke bombs I am sure it will    fizzle out!  Again today he young guys at the front sang and danced with the stewards just watching on which is good on both counts keep it up.  :clapping:

49 minutes ago, IBM said:

As long as there is talk in the media about flares and smoke bombs it is likely to continue.  I was searched the last time we were in Dingwall and I am nearer 60 than 50 I think it was just random like today.  If there are no more smoke bombs I am sure it will    fizzle out!  Again today he young guys at the front sang and danced with the stewards just watching on which is good on both counts keep it up.  :clapping:

I was also searched at that Derby game in Dingwall, in fact everyone at that game was searched. But today what I witnessed was different!. It appeared the younger Caley fans were singled out by the stewards. I hope I'm wrong because anything that could make our future supporters feel unwelcome can't be a good thing. I agree with IBM that the singing section's enthusiastic chanting/drumming should be applauded for the positive atmosphere they create. Keep it up lads!!! :clapoverhead:

• Agree 2

On 22/01/2016 at 9:30 PM, Joe DiMaggio said:

Ok, I just asked myself and I can confirm it was definitely a smoke bomb. The smoke coming off it is also a bit of a give away.

Think you'll find that's a flare and I think you'll find like this one, many have smoke. Sometimes white, sometimes the intensity of the light adding colour.

Either way they both burn at high temperatures and are not safe.

As for the question about whether ICT fans have had them... Irrelevant. It's a general point. Basically about just because they do it in Europe, doesn't mean we have to copy them in Scotland.

One thing I'd like to see come in from Europe is the introduction of safe standing areas. Something that would both add to the atmosphere and not infringe on others.

download.jpg

I wasn't searched yesterday but was asked if I had any plastic bottles, blades, fireworks or other pyrotechnic devices. When I said I used to have flares but burned them years ago with the rest of my 1970s clothing the steward wasn't amused.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, WYNESS101 said:

The boys at the bottom of section E did great the day please keep up the support and keeping signing your hearts out :clapping:

I concur. Is this a new group or ones who have moved down from further up in Section E?

5 hours ago, 12th Man said:

Aye well chuffed with the guys behind the goals, all having a great time.

The sign reminds me of the Green Brigade. I bet the next one is white paint on black landscape fabric from poundland. :wink:

Cant be the green brigade - there were no spelling errors !

• Agree 3

8 hours ago, CaleyD said:

Young teens protesting against "Modern Football" does rather amuse me.  What experience/knowledge do they have of any other kind?

The exact same question could be asked about your experience/knowledge prior to 1994 

Regardless football has become a lot less enjoyable in modern times, no longer the working mans game the middle class moved in and the game is slowly dying

Dougal

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

Cant be the green brigade - there were no spelling errors !

Ha ha,

We noticed the pay what you can advert for the tv match had Partick Thisle on it, Very witty of the club to write it out in a Kingsley stylee, to welcome the Partick fans.

10 hours ago, CaleyD said:

I concur. Is this a new group or ones who have moved down from further up in Section E?

Most of them moved down I think but there's alot of new faces being appearing at home games lately to join section E

11 hours ago, CaleyD said:

I usually stand further up and moved down and i've got to say that i recognized hardly anyone apart from the usual few that go to every game  

1 hour ago, old caley girl said:

Looked like new faces to me. Some of them very young. Did a great job yesterday. 

I'm hoping they're back for the Hearts match after 2 cheap matches on the bounce. Under 16s £10 north stand or £5 to ask for a Family section ticket.