Joint Statement Regarding Pyro at Matches

They have been great the last couple of games singing and bouncing etc really adds a good atmosphere to the North Stand even the 4 youngsters at the front of section g were singing twirling their scarves etc hopefully it bodes well for the future let's try and encourage rather than discourage them with stewards who seem determined to stand and stare at them like yesterday.                                            they seem like decent youngsters 

1 hour ago, jagster said:

They have been great the last couple of games singing and bouncing etc really adds a good atmosphere to the North Stand even the 4 youngsters at the front of section g were singing twirling their scarves etc hopefully it bodes well for the future let's try and encourage rather than discourage them with stewards who seem determined to stand and stare at them like yesterday.                                            they seem like decent youngsters 

The stewards were there to ensure crowd safety.  If the club are to take a "lenient" approach to rules on standing, then they also need to ensure they cover their butt and can react in proper fashion should anything happen as a result of that.  As far as I can ascertain, they simply kept an eye on things and didn't interfere unduly with those having fun in any way as they were given no need to do so.

All in all, a good job all round by fans and stewards alike.

That's something I was speaking about yesterday with one of the guys I was at the game with. I like that the club are a bit more lenient to those in Section E (and perhaps some other parts of the North Stand) who wish to stand so long as they do it towards the back of the stand and don't block anyone off.

Edited by RiG

Don't worry. My bestie Vladimir Putin will cover my back. Back on topic though I have always said that the club needs these unruly yoofs to promote an atmosphere, to ensure the future support and bring in the spondoolachs for survival means. I accept that this needs to carefully and cleverly policed but it is all about the approach and the attitude of how it is done and who is foing it. There should be  thought going in about which stewards are appointed to the North Stand and codes of conduct fer them. But as Rig states there has been a significant general improvement of late.

31 minutes ago, nopyronoparty94 said:

the youth want pyro! helps build our atmosphere as it is already poor and the standard of football is gay too. :ictscarf: lots of love Gus MacPhee

Good post will read again

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Boys at the front of the North Stand on Saturday seemed to be having a gay old time.  And good on them.

I'm sure it's quite like a lot of young kids who support Rangers (or used to when there was glory to be hunted). It's something people tend to grow out of as they mature.

Pyro is possibly to the 2010s as flares and male perms were to the 1970s.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 4

4 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

I'm sure it's quite like a lot of young kids who support Rangers (or used to when there was glory to be hunted). It's something people tend to grow out of as they mature.

Pyro is possibly to the 2010s as flares and male perms were to the 1970s.

Feck and turn into a boring old repetitive fecker like you? Not everyone suffers that fate.

3 hours ago, Alex MacLeod said:

'Giro'!! Does anyone under 35 know what that was?

Probably not, but "No Giro, no party" probably holds very true among the city's longer standing Winos (if you'll pardon that rather bad oxymoron!)

Quite remarkable, though, that a few brainless, immature wee neds chucking fireworks should have given rise to a thread as long as this.

Talking about 'winos' I always remember walking through the market early eighties with someone and just outside Morrison the bakers cafe we were approached 

quick as a flash my elderly companion asked the wino for 5p for a cup of tea to which the wino offered him a drink of Four Crown. He wasn't so cocky then that's for sure :lol: